• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
9295821799_9633b2d2cd_o.png

9295820339_ce65d4c6b1_o.png

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I love the little pilot flying through the air in this shot, even if it's kind of an assy shot it got a laugh out of me.

9298622604_2ef3c3f702_o.png

9298622130_5e51e8ef9d_o.png

How did you get sunrays and all that working? The last few sets of Nvidia drivers breaks that and I can't go back to the last confirmed working version as they don't support my Titans and I even tried manually modding them to no avail.

Im still using Nvidia Drivers 314.22
It's Somber ENB which uses ENB v13.7.13

Thorgal

Are you guys using the Steam screenshot overlay to take pictures or third-party software?

everyone here has pretty much there own preference.
Some use FRAPS, others use the built in screenshot option in a game if available.
and some use steam(only advisable if you know how to make losless max quality JPEGS)

One3rd

Link for fov and hud fix ?
I used that Widescreen Fixer app I mentioned earlier, the author has a huge list of games with fixes for widescreen gaming. Normally these fixes include repositioning the HUD so I used it to push the HUD right off the viewable screen. I just posted instructions now in the Compendium thread here.

9302204082_71711f55f2_o.jpg

9300233014_1945e53db6_o.jpg

This room freaked me the fuck out! Those machines, the sound and the shadows...I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Had to turn my speakers off to go back and take some shots.

One3rd

Are you guys using the Steam screenshot overlay to take pictures or third-party software?
I use uncompressed Steam shots or Fraps if the res is not too high. If using SweetFX I use it's screenshot function. I really should settle on one that does everything, would stop me from having to search in different locations each time.

9302201984_61de3d1723_o.jpg

System Failure

9299412997_d13b1b30a0_o.jpg

Workspace

kanuuna

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

If you plan to use Steam, know that it's mostly perfectly fine with some exceptions.

I did a little write up in the Compendium about it if you want to know the differences between using something like Fraps and using Steams Lossless PNG screenshot functionality.

The TL;DR version is that Steam doesn't capture the effects of injectors.

9303138398_ea040020a4_o.png

So yeah. I started a new character. She looks cute in chain mail.

Going to try and progress through teh game with a little bit of direction. I was getting frustrated at having no clue where I should go or in what order I should do things in.

Maybe I'm getting old.... but I need goals.

Lime

Great shots, neoenigma. Are you able to timestop Dark Souls as well?

Regarding the goals thing that you seem to be lacking - the game do have goals and there are plenty of visual and narrative examples of goals in the game. Dark Souls simply doesn't put up explicit textual cues and visual markers to beat over the player's head.

Darkdeus

9303138398_ea040020a4_o.png

So yeah. I started a new character. She looks cute in chain mail.

Going to try and progress through teh game with a little bit of direction. I was getting frustrated at having no clue where I should go or in what order I should do things in.

Maybe I'm getting old.... but I need goals.

Awesome dark souls shots Neo. Keep em coming! As far as goals the game does give you two goals in the very beginning. The character at the first bonfire tells you to ring two bells, one above and one below. That's all you need to do in the beginning. The bell above is much easier just so you know. One of it's strengths is that is does allow you to explore without beating you over the head with quest markers and directions.

One3rd

Glen Schofield (series creator, executive producer on the original Dead Space) shared the story behind this room in his presentation at D.I.C.E. earlier this year.
I would recommend watching the keynote as a whole, too. Interesting stuff, and he really seems down to earth as a guy.
That was interesting, thanks. What's weird about that scene is that I'd played the game years before and still had the same reaction this time, the monsters and gore and pop-up frights don't faze me at all after I'd seen them once...but that room. For me, they captured fear of the unknown with just some sound and shadows. Brilliant bit of the game.

I really like these Dark Souls shots. antitrop certainly has a point about the texture work, it's strange that there was so much work put into them for a console game...or were the graphics enhanced for the PC release?

Well I don't think From can take all the credit :p I have used a few texture mods from the Dark Souls Nexus.

Still, the game has a fairly small install size (~4GB). I have to imagine they're reusing a lot of textures because even the base textures are quite good. Even better than some of the replacement ones I've put in. Just too lazy to pick them out and revert.

Great shots, neoenigma. Are you able to timestop Dark Souls as well?

No timestop, but I can freeze monsters in place

Blizzard

Banned
Glen Schofield (series creator, executive producer on the original Dead Space) shared the story behind this room in his presentation at D.I.C.E. earlier this year.
I would recommend watching the keynote as a whole, too. Interesting stuff, and he really seems down to earth as a guy.
That's interesting, thanks for sharing! Does anyone happen to have a youtube link of that section? I see the racing shadows in the brief keynote clip, but I'm curious how it actually works out in the gameplay sequence.

Top Bottom