• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

10637858423_7f9dcf6cd1_o.png

10637861073_eec7fa8190_o.png

Is that the custom ENB? what are the settings? love those blacks

If I remember, he has 4GB 680s in SLI.

Still nowhere near enough for 6000x3000 :)

In Battlefield 4, my normal gameplay resolution is 1920x1080 with 150% resolution scale and 2xMSAA. That's as high as I can go and still maintain 50-60 FPS but still isn't anywhere near what I'd prefer for image quality. I still see aliasing. The 680s were a poor investment but at the time, I only had a single 580.

Pcars destroys all next gen car games in terms of graphics damn.

I have asked before, does the game have per-object motionblur? I never see it show up in screenshots (like car wheels spinning and blurring, etc...).

The wheels specifically are that age old texture/mesh swap dealy. It looks okay, but is generally a bit lackluster. Besides that, and going off the environment, I think there is per-object motion blur, but it is not hugely pronounced, and I have found no way to get the car itself blurry. So, the motion blur is definitely not physically modeled :(

If this game ever incorporates full camera/lens modeling (especially bokeh DoF) it'd be hard to top it for a while I think.

That's a really nice abstract shot

BF4's Clayton has the most derpiest face I've seen in gaming in a long time. Horrible looking character. Which is bizarre, since Kimble (Irish) and the asian lady, Huang, look so fantastic.

BONKERS

It is funny because that is a bullshot for my setup lol. Radeon 6770 can only do so much! With those settings I prob got 1-3fps. Took a moment to take the photo even. Didn't expect it to blow minds thats for sure.

But hey the topic is let the JPEG die already, and those are nice clean PNG's lol. So I did it right ... right?

Oh you did fine, the screenshot looks great!

I'm just a bit of a bit of a crazy guy when it comes to aliasing that's all.
D:

And i can't comprehend why developers fail at AA so hard. Especially specular aliasing (Which is like the plauge in just about any modern game)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...for-directx-11-anti-aliasing-driver-profiles/

8xSMAA?

Such a thing doesn't even exist.

BONKERS

Your lack of Louis angers me!

I <3 Louis with all mah heart.

I took those screens in places I couldn't play as louis D:

Also: The nick shot, I somehow got into that map (Which is the first one from L4D1) through the console, last gametype I had selected was Survival so I shoved me in there as L4D2 characters, but there were no infected haha.. so I just went with it

Spazznid

BF3 4K downscaled(hopefully correctly) to 1080p. Ultra settings. 8xMSAA. It's my first try at this >_>

bf32013-11-0423-23-22eddr5.png

At 4K, I think MSAA is useless. Only thing worth using is the built-in Supersample. MSAA and 4K might give you a lot of trouble in other games, too. When I use it, I often experience the game minimizing and Maximizing over and over and over again.

Well, here are some BF4 shots at 4K and 150% Render. I still get around 5-15 fps so I think I can go further, but it feels slower than 15 fps if that makes sense...

10685662293_bf3fcde696_o.png

10685468274_76e0c2b6de_o.png

Spazznid

10685467094_dae9e5aa00_o.png

10685660363_42170ce876_o.png

Love the last shot so much for some reason...

EDIT:::

Fuck last of page.

At 4K, I think MSAA is useless. Only thing worth using is the built-in Supersample. MSAA and 4K might give you a lot of trouble in other games, too. When I use it, I often experience the game minimizing and Maximizing over and over and over again.

Well, here are some BF4 shots at 4K and 150% Render. I still get around 5-15 fps so I think I can go further, but it feels slower than 15 fps if that makes sense...

10685662293_bf3fcde696_o.png

10685468274_76e0c2b6de_o.png

Nice ones Spazz.

You should try peppering in some sweetfx to counteract the brightness effect that the 'pause blur' adds.

Finally picked up the game myself :)

10686092445_c1876f55dd_o.png

10686134246_88cf20d2ab_o.png

Spazznid

Nice ones Spazz.

You should try peppering in some sweetfx to counteract the brightness effect that the 'pause blur' adds.

Finally picked up the game myself :)

10686092445_c1876f55dd_o.png

10686134246_88cf20d2ab_o.png

My only few experiences with SweetFX was me fiddling with weird settings only to have them not actually work.

10686334194_848d7e6b3c_o.png

10686287785_6e4c991bf9_o.png

Dawnbreaker just looks terrible. I'd believe you if you said that last shot was from Battlefield 2.

Extremely compressed skybox. Empty spaced out streets. Blurry buildings due to low res cubemap windows. I don't know what they were thinking.

Spazznid

Dawnbreaker just looks terrible. I'd believe you if you said that last shot was from Battlefield 2.

Extremely compressed skybox. Empty spaced out streets. Blurry buildings due to low res cubemap windows. I don't know what they were thinking.

The skybox and Relfections are probably two of the easiest fixes they could do. I mean, in the tech demo video, they show a bunch of scenes with reflections and all the skybox needs is a better quality image.

I stand by my argument that this game needs a Crysis 2 style Ultra patch.

Stein3x

Nice shots Sethos, i really like the clean, without to many effects going on, look of the game. The space mission seems the most impressive one

Top Bottom