• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
T-Mac's back!

tumblr_mld8wvnHUP1qe1x8qo1_r2_500.png

tumblr_mkjcaocmVa1retk9go1_400.gif

Sheed re-retired

tumblr_mlervkdGrw1qe1x8qo1_400.jpg

RIP Kobe #salute

tumblr_ml7ik5uXpz1qbvq32o3_500.png

Nate+Robinson+Novak+Belt.gif

TQv27n.jpg

hV5kyre.png

ebRil58.png

Vahagn

Still can't fathom that this team has the same record as the Kwame Brown Smush Parker Luke Walton Lakers.

Phil Jackson you gifted mutha

worst attempt a reverse-jinx i've ever seen

I'm actually completely serious.

You'd have to have watched the Spurs in the last few weeks to know how gimped Tony has looked. Maybe 20...30% of his actual self. And Manu was godawful last night and its an open secret hes coming back way too early.

Couple that with no JAX, integrating McGrady of all people, no Diaw (lol Bonner time!), Neal and Kawhi's lingering injuries, and Splitta's dropoff, we only have Green and Duncan healthy. Duncan is a big deal, and may win us a series on his own, but Green can't do anything unless a shot is created for him, so no Tony/Manu nullifies him a bit too.

We're going to be playing Nando De Colo and Matt Bonner major minutes, while relying on a 37 year old Tim Duncan to beat Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard on his own. We're not winning this series.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Still can't fathom that this team has the same record as the Kwame Brown Smush Parker Luke Walton Lakers.

Phil Jackson you gifted mutha

Fuck! Why couldn't you make this post earlier?

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers are Kwame-era Good

Smokey

Doug Collins said he resigned due to fam reasons and made his decision back in Dec... Isn't that around the time Bynum made it seem like he wanted to play ball but then embarrassed himself

KingGondo

Banned
Bynum

man I know this may be naieve but I honestly feel like NBA teams are smart enough not to sign dude
Most of these teams have nothing to lose. If they sign him and he sucks/doesn't play, they were gonna suck anyways.

If he's anything approaching what he was in LA then he's easily a top 5 center.

I'm actually completely serious.

You'd have to have watched the Spurs in the last few weeks to know how gimped Tony has looked. Maybe 20...30% of his actual self. And Manu was godawful last night and its an open secret hes coming back way too early.

Couple that with no JAX, integrating McGrady of all people, no Diaw (lol Bonner time!), Neal and Kawhi's lingering injuries, and Splitta's dropoff, we only have Green and Duncan healthy. Duncan is a big deal, and may win us a series on his own, but Green can't do anything unless a shot is created for him, so no Tony/Manu nullifies him a bit too.

We're going to be playing Nando De Colo and Matt Bonner major minutes, while relying on a 37 year old Tim Duncan to beat Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard on his own. We're not winning this series.

Tony has looked like hot trash since he's come back. He's actually making some of those OMG moves, but he has no lift. All his shots are hitting the front of the iron or getting swatted back. Although, I will say, once he started to warm up last night, he looked good.

Timmy has looked amazing. But yeah, not looking forward to seeing Bonner and Blair getting major minutes in the playoffs. I was hoping their major function this year would be for Hack-a-dwight purposes but...

Meier

It seems like just yesterday that the Magic were 11-12 and on their way to winning the game to get to .500. Lost in the last few minutes and then went 9-49 in the last 58 games.

Scoring champ Carmelo Anthony is one of the most overpaid players in the league. I agree with this.
The NBA's Most Overpaid Players.

He may have won the scoring title, but he's no KD. Thunder up!

My dream finals match up (which has no chance of happening unless LeBron tears his Achilles heel) is OKC versus NYK. So in terms of the Eastern conference playoff brackets, I'm joining Knicks-GAF.

Vahagn

Pretty sure the Kwame era Lakers made the playoffs comfortably.

Same record - same 7th seed.

As for comfortably - this Lakers team would be a 5 seed in the east - so I don't think "comfortably" means much.

The Bucks made the playoffs comfortably this year too

Holy crap just noticed Denver's home record, my goodness 38-3, even better than the Heat (37-4). Speaking of the Heat, let's hope Monta goes ballistic and avgs 40 a game to stun Miami in the greatest upset of all-time.

Lame topic title.

agreed, and I'm not just saying that because it's anti-la. Just a crappy title, not catchy or clever. Dime a dozen

Scoring champ Carmelo Anthony is one of the most overpaid players in the league. I agree with this.
The NBA's Most Overpaid Players.

He may have won the scoring title, but he's no KD. Thunder up!

My dream finals match up (which has no chance of happening unless LeBron tears his Achilles heel) is OKC versus NYK. So in terms of the Eastern conference playoff brackets, I'm joining Knicks-GAF.

That article is full of shit by putting melo and dirk in there compared to those other players.

Lakers go 28-12 to finish out the season. Kobe misses final 2 games, lakers win both and clowns pretend they just started winning.

Besides the absurdity of that nonsense, the Lakers lost 4 out of 6 when Kobe got injured in Atlanta. He never gets injured there and doesn't have to deal with a bad ankle and bone spurs - LA probably goes 31-9 or 30-10 the last half of the season.

People with Lakers are better without Kobe theories have shown how little they know about basketball. Particularly if they act like theyre stat guys and then take a 2 game sample size.

Clowns.

I KNOW I shouldn't do this, but I wanted to reply to this from the previous thread.

It has nothing to do with stats. Stats are merely the reflection of what we're able to see with the naked eye. The Lakers are a more dangerous team without Kobe. They have far better team cohesion, better ball movement, better defense, and actually look like they're enjoying the game instead of serving as a red carpet for the Kobe Stats Show.

Also, don't try and bring Kobe's assist stats into this argument. Before going down to an injury, Rondo led the league in assists. I'd argue he wasn't making his teammates any better, since those resulted from him dominating on the ball every play.

I seem to recall games earlier this year where Kobe would pass up easy shots just to register an assist as a way of sticking up his middle finger to his critics. In doing so, he's just proving our point. It's always been all about him and his legacy, and always will. I wasn't scared one bit of the Kobe-less Lakers. The Dwight Howard Lakers give me a pause, especially if Nash can get healthy (a big if, mind you). Best case scenario for the Kobe Lakers was to maybe win a game in a series. You think the current iteration can't do better than that?

Speaking of the Heat, let's hope Monta goes ballistic and avgs 40 a game to stun Miami in the greatest upset of all-time.

LMAO HAHAHAHAH Monta barely averaged 10 ppg in the reg season series. I know its contract Monta but he's still Monta

Jennings has a better chance of dropping 40 on us

That article is full of shit by putting melo and dirk in there compared to those other players.

I do think Melo is overpaid relatively to guys like Durant, but we all understand that you can't do a one-for-one swap and drafting + trading doesn't equate that way. The article is just pointing out that, bang for your buck, Melo doesn't produce stats and wins commensurate with what he's getting paid. I think that's fair.

Least
MIA (1) over MIL (8) in 3
NYK (2) over BOS (7) in 5
IND (3) over ATL (6) in 5
CHI (5) over BRK (4) in 6

West
OKC (1) over HOU (8) in 5
LAL (7) over SAS (2) in 5
DEN (3) over GSW (6) in 7
LAC (4) over MEM (5) in 7

I do think Melo is overpaid relatively to guys like Durant, but we all understand that you can't do a one-for-one swap and drafting + trading doesn't equate that way. The article is just pointing out that, bang for your buck, Melo doesn't produce stats and wins commensurate with what he's getting paid. I think that's fair.
That article was already panned as trash by sportswriters, TNT, and other media a week ago.

Not really. Just neolakes showing how easily trolled they are, including yourself. One day y'all will grow up and realize that half of NBA-Age is trollin you folks non stop and instead of crying, bitching, and trying to fire back and coming up laughably short (like Kobe in 2008), you'll role with the punches and just laugh. Even noriluvzkpop has grown up. One day you will too.

Not really. Just neolakes showing how easily trolled they are, including yourself. One day y'all will grow up and realize that half of NBA-Age is trollin you folks non stop and instead of crying, bitching, and trying to fire back and coming up laughably short (like Kobe in 2008), you'll role with the punches and just laugh. Even noriluvzkpop has grown up. One day you will too.
Do you think we don't know this? You just got double reverse trolled by making that terrible post.

+500 odds for the Thunder. Bet 100 win 600.

That's really not that bad. It's unlikely but worth a hundred just to make the inevitable finals more interesting.

effzee

My bold prediction for the whole postseason :

Heat will not win the championship. Somewhere someone will catch them the right time while Miami going not playing up to their potential.

I think despite the trade that kicked Harden out, OKC will find a way to win their ring this year.

Top Bottom