• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
FORZA AZZURRI!

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO
For a fifth time hopefully

There is no hopefully about it. The big time boys will sweep up.

Buffon will lift the cup. Balotelli the golden ball, and Pirlo will be named player of the tournament, with Buffon, De Rossi, Chiellini, Pilro, Verratti, De Sciglio, Balotelli and Fantantonio all named in the team of the tournament. It will be a great month for gli Azzurri.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Excite.

The hours are going to kill me, living on the east coast of Australia, but fuck it.

The first time I can't take a month off to watch the World Cup, but at least I've got the last week of the finals off for absolute greatness.

I'm actually taking my flatscreen TV in to work Saturday morning to watch Australia vs Chile cause fuck it.

I'm pretty excited. Bought tickets for a Hispanic WC viewing party in the city. Should be a blast watching Spain and Chile (choke) all with an open bar.

Shun

日本一番!
GO、SAMURAI BLUE FIGHT!

Yes! Subbed!! Best time ever!!

GO USA!

us-soccer-dont-tread.gif

LuuKyK

Is anyone here actually coming to Brasil or know someone who does? I have this feeling that no one is coming for some reason. Maybe its for the best really. lol

Tagyhag

Great OP!

I don't care who wins, just give me that Brazil/Argentina Final. I want to watch a good Final for once.

Niks

4 days to go!
Great matches first few days..

spain vs netherlands
england vs italy
germany vs portugal

GoxRx

itshappening.gif

If we don't win against Australia in the first match I think we are already dead.

Vamos Chile!

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Great |OT|

Was just looking through the groups again and decided to list who I'd like to see go through for each. Not predicting who will but who I'll pull for for whatever reason:

A
Brazil - home team and fun to watch
Mexico - US neighbors and rivals

B
Spain - playing style is a thing to behold
Chile - fearless attacking style

C
Columbia - sort of feel sorry for them for missing Falcao
Ivory Coast - Drogba and Toure. 'nuff said

D
England - tourney is always more fun with extended English angst
Uruguay - Suarez. SUAREZ!

E
France - atone for 2010
Switzerland - my dark horse since I have a lot of family there

F
Argentina - peerless talent through the middle and up top
Nigeria - fall back choice since I don't care about anyone else in the group

G
Portugal - the longer the best players in the world are in the tourney, the better
USA - In Bedoya we trust.

H
Belgium - fan of many of their players
South Korea - token Asian representative?

Poor USA. Getting stuck in a group with the world #2 Germany and World #3 Portugal is a stinger. The first game against Ghana is a must win, then the USA must hope Ghana upsets either Germany or Portugal because I don't see the USA beating Germany or Portugal. I will predict the USA will draw with Portugal, however.

I also predict the USA will finish in a tie for 2nd in the group, but Portugal will move on due to goal differential. Hope I'm wrong. Go Team USA!!

Fularu

Banned
We have a track record to screw up terribly one WC then go to the final on the next one.

Since no one screwed a world cup as badly as France did last time, I'm expecting us to win this one!

(Who am I kidding, we'll be knocked out at the group stage, especially with Ribery injured)

LaNaranja

Was just looking through the groups again and decided to list who I'd like to see go through for each. Not predicting who will but who I'll pull for for whatever reason:

I wouldn't mind that outcome. I personally am rooting for these teams:

A
México- Because they have to win the group stage before they win the whole cup
Croatia- Because fuck Brazil.

B
Holland- Because I like the color orange.
Chile- Because fuck Spain.

C
Japan- Because Pokemon
Greece- Because they strike me as a team that may surprise in the round of 16.

D
England- Because their team is better than the other ones in group D
Uruguay- Because I want to see them cheat again

E
Honduras- Because I have a friend rooting for them.
France- Because I want to see how many chicks their president picks up throughout the tournament.

F
Iran- Because they are clearly going to be the dark horse winners of the World Cup
Nigeria- Because fuck Argentina

G
Ghana- Because they were cheated in 2010
USA- Because maybe then people in the US will pay attention and get drawn into the hype

H
Korea- Because Asia needs more representatives
Belgium- Because waffles.

NolbertoS

Man, wish I was in South America watching this tournament :(. Canadians suck at football passion. Here in Vancouver, the only passion is shown in the Little Italy part of town. Would kill to watch Univision golazo commentators over the boring, dry local Canadian crew.

CassSept

itshappening.gif

I just hope Spain doesn't luck their way into later stages of the tournament. They were great at the end 4 years ago but the first few games were dreadful and boring, same with Euro 2012.

LaNaranja

Man, wish I was in South America watching this tournament :(. Canadians suck at football passion. Here in Vancouver, the only passion is shown in the Little Italy part of town. Would kill to watch Univision golazo commentators over the boring, dry local Canadian crew.

Real talk, I have tried watching multiple times with english commentators and they always sound incredibly bored. The spanish commentators tend to have so much more enthusiasm.

Compare this to this.

zychi

Banned
John Oliver did a fantastic segment on how shitty FIFA the organization is today on his hbo show. i highly recommend everyone go watch it when they upload it on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom