• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paulo-Bento-350.jpg

Somos Seleção, Somos Portugal (2014) - versão longa

Ronaldo20140603.jpg

Somos Seleção, Somos Portugal (2014) - A uma só voz
418668_heroa.jpg

Socreges

Banned
What's the best WC preview show out there that goes over all 8 groups in detail? Haven't been able to find any yet (on Canadian TV).

PsychBat!

Banned
Real talk, I have tried watching multiple times with english commentators and they always sound incredibly bored. The spanish commentators tend to have so much more enthusiasm.

Compare this to this.

The image quality for ESPN is really good. I mute the commentators though and I turn on the radio to ESPN Deportes Radio. Jorge Ramos y su Banda is the best.

Antioch

What's the best WC preview show out there that goes over all 8 groups in detail? Haven't been able to find any yet (on Canadian TV).

I personally really like these individual team profiles that FIFA has been releasing on youtube.
I think they've only got one more to go which isn't there yet (South Korea).

FeD.nL

Great OT!

Can't believe it's almost here. So excited, tonight the first WC show of one of our biggest football shows, than I start getting nervous. Bring on friday!

oggob

Go you fucking Aussies, securing draws against any of the teams will be liking making the semis. Not finishing bottom of the group would be like winning the whole damn thing!

Hope for an upset to screw up the dynamic of the rest of the group.

Really wish we got partnered with England, that would have such an epic match

Juz

Awesome job on the OT Wes. And of course all the Football-GAF people that were involved.

Will check it out later at work.

gimmmick

Wow, this has to be one of the nicest and well thought all threads I have ever seen on gaf. Great job you guys.

Jamie OD

It's almost time!

Ukraine-Fan-Dancing-in-Rain-Euro-2012.gif

Drew Italy in my work's sweepstakes so I guess I'll support them. Not changing my avatar though since I like Japan's jersey.

caramac

Fantastic job on the OT Wes and you other guys who contributed.

Can't wait for action to start, other than missing the first game my shift patterns have been pretty kind during the WC.

Any Canucks know if CBC is supposed to stream any of the matches? Having to catch most of them at work.

Edit: Nevermind. Past google searches produced nothing, but now it brings up tons of links to confirm they are.

When does the shit-throwing start? Far too civilised atm :p

England are the Spurs of international football. It is the worst insult I could think of.

Anyone who bad mouths Italy is gonna get a bloody hirse head in their bed. I wish the Italians in footyGAF were a bit more enthusiastic.

PsychBat!

Banned
since I'm pretty excited, I just decided to throw this together for shits and giggles.

53L4OXw.png

It's not that good looking at it now haha.

elseanio

OP is beautiful, well done all involved.

Don't usually support England, but would love to see the Liverpool players do well.

OP is amazing, thanks to Wes and all the contributors!

Sir Woy Hodgson to be given a knighthood after he wins England the World Cup.

Believe.

quarter-finals at best

dc89

Awesome OT Wes & the others who contributed. But I have one complaint.

Why was I not approached for Head of PR?

I hope somebody new wins the world cup this year like Spain did in 2010. I don't know, but i feel like America will be the surprise dark horse of the tournament. All Klinsmann has to do is take it one game at a time. Put Bradley in central midfield and Dempsey up front. Altidore isn't as good as the media makes him out to be. Donovan's omission WILL come back to haunt them.

Hoping USA can make it out of the group of death, but it seems unlikely. Oh well, it's sports overload for me lately either way!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna be there in less than a week. Can't fucking wait!

FootballFan

England are the Spurs of international football. It is the worst insult I could think of.

Anyone who bad mouths Italy is gonna get a bloody hirse head in their bed. I wish the Italians in footyGAF were a bit more enthusiastic.

Not surprised tbh, last World Cup Italy finished last in a group with New Zealand, who were fielding amateur players with part/full-time jobs.

pulga

Banned
Great OP, Wes! Cornballer and Woodencunt really spiced things up with the imagery.

Anway, England should just retire already, couldn't even put a single goal past us lol

BpjrlysCAAAY1W7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom