• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT3| Saturday 21st: ARG v IRN // GER v GHA // NGA v BIH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Slowly coming down from that high, what a match.

USA - Portugal is now absolutely decisive for the fate of both teams. Germany needs at least a draw against the US to advance, no matter the outcome.

FootballFan

PcVncr1.png

Hahaha wat. Rihanna watches the world cup?

If so, any other tweets like that?

bububu Ghana is so weak!

Never bought into that.

Ghana collectively is very good squad. I don't know if it's an anti-African football bias or people looking at their FIFA rankings, or the lack of really big names in their side, but Ghana is underrated on the world stage.

They've gotten out of the group stage at two straight World Cups and are the champions of Africa for a reason.

Oh man, I can totally see this happening and two key players from Portugal are gone. This wouldn't be too surprising.

I think it would be shocking. Even with two players gone they still have the best player in the world and more overall talent and experience.

Would be shocking as fuck.

wrowa

Hah, not really when you think about it. IF they play like they did today, they can and will beat Portugal. The USA will be underdogs against Portugal and heavy, heavy underdogs against Germany.

If the USA wins against Portugal, Ghana might have an easy game against a team that just doesn't give a shit anymore.

xbhaskarx

how the fuck did US beat Ghana?

Without best player ever Donovan, with only target forward Altidore getting injured after 20 minutes, with Dempsey playing with a broken nose, with Bradley having his worst game in years.... we used our CONCACAF special powers.

Also we have the advantage of NOT having Sami Khedira.

Awesome match. Ghana deserved that point.
Was afraid the Germans would steal the victory in the last few minutes.
The Portugal VS USA result will make this group interesting.

Zaph

Blood, sweat and tears. Game had everything.

Happy the world cup is delivering in spades, it's a nice consolation prize for your own team being shitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom