• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT4| What can European men do against such reckless heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
Be prepared for something much funnier :

kwtwbh.gif

#teamcg?

Rockyrock

yes, we get that. that doesn't make this play "less of a red". the rules are clear.

ah well then I guess its just me disagreeing with what most consider a foul these days then.

regardless Italy didn't deserve to go through based on their performance this WC.

Just a bad call that changed the match IMO.

zruben

Banned
ah well then I guess its just me disagreeing with what most consider a foul these days then.

regardless Italy didn't deserve to go through based on their performance this WC.

Just a bad call that changed the match IMO.

you're disagreeing with football rules. simple as that.

that wasn't a bad call. Balloteli's yellow was a bad call.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
zidane is the greatest, most aesthetic footballer of all-time. he was an artist. the tragedy of having to end his career with a sending off due to a headbutt in a world cup final because materazzi dissed his mother and/or sister or whatever somehow adds to his legend. i don't condone it, though, and i'd rather he had taken trezeguet's penalty.

(just imagine that i'm stoned out of my mind)

world cups come and go but that head butt was forever. it definitely added to the legend.

i havent heard anyone talking about any italian player from that year. except maybe the one that god handled, lol.

at the end of the day, winning a world cup isnt a big deal. being a badass mofo is though.

edit: i generally don't condone violence. but if the italian player was being a douche like everyone says, then im cool with it.

FuturusX

It's not like Zidane didn't heatbutt before either. Zidane was a proper cunt with a dark side to him too, at least he didn't bite people, but certainly a cunt. A great cunt. A cunt I would lick delicately. But in the end still a cunt.

Yep. It's violent conduct and should be treated as such. Just like and elbow or a stamp etc etc.

Massa

you can clearly see in the gif he attempts to turn his cleat to the side so he doesnt go spikes first.

That's a red but this isn't:
DeJong1.jpg

good one.

The fact that the ref missed that one still pisses me off and makes me hope the Netherlands goes out against Mexico. Fuck De Jong.

Rockyrock

so if there's not enough strength to break a man down it's not a red? that's what you learned in 20 years?

stubs to leg, 1 meter away from ref, previous uncalled possible red:

nothing about this was undeserved dude

there's worse, but this is still red.

I don't disagree at all.

But then again so was the suarez bite so...

Acorn

I only pay attention to soccer once every four years, but that looks like a blatant fucking penalty to me.
You're right. The trajectory of his foot was altered preventing a shot in the box.

Its a stonewall penalty.

I don't think the defender meant it but that does not matter.

Rockyrock

you're disagreeing with football rules. simple as that.

that wasn't a bad call. Balloteli's yellow was a bad call.

nope I disagree sorry.

just this BPL mentality that every thing is a foul.

Suarez biting someone and not getting ANYTHING is a bad call. as a matter of fact its something you should probably get arrested for.

Altazor

People actually argued that this wasn't a penalty. :D I can't GAF, I'm done for tonight. See you all for more antics tomorrow, my bet is on someone running naked onto the pitch.

Watching the replay I thought it wasn't... because I was focusing my attention on Samaras tripping himself. Then I realized there was contact between the two players BEFORE that and so it became clear. Clear pen.

Salsa

People actually argued that this wasn't a penalty. :D I can't GAF, I'm done for tonight. See you all for more antics tomorrow, my bet is on someone running naked onto the pitch.

You guys need to realize there's slow-mo gifs from various angles after a play is done. People are reacting in real time here.

some are still arguing with me over saying Suarez could have just gotten a headbutt in, when the first angle was barely telling

been playing and watching for almost 20 years.

have seen far far worse. player made a meal of it. The force of Marchisio's boot is not even have enough impact to knock a man down, and his spikes don't go into the player from what I can seen.
This is my problem with it. The force. His cleats were up and he needs to control that but not like he wound up and burried his cleats into the dudes flesh. I don't think he did it with malice at all and I think that has to be taken into account by the ref. I'd bet majority of refs would have not given a straight red for that. And in a game as big as this yes you do have to have some restraint as a ref, because that kind of precedent has been set forever. How many times do you see a foul that would have been called in a normal league game that isn't called in a big tournament game? It happens a lot. Most refs give some leeway and understand the stage.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't even call that a red if Suarez did it. I'm putting all bias aside I seriously cannot see a straight red there.

And maybe in the rule book that is a straight red, ok fine. The problem is how non-consistent of a call that is with referees. How can you have such a massive range of reffing personalities? Some who just let both sides beat the shit out of eachother without even showing one card for 90 mins, and others who are opposite. FIFA need to work with refs on that.

Balotelli was lot more reckless with his tackle and got a yellow.

Salsa

Balotelli was lot more reckless with his tackle and got a yellow.

that can easily factor into a later red for a ref tho, for better or worse. and balo was out

I don't think the dude was trying to break anyone's leg, but it's no one's fault but his that he would be that careless when so close to a ref

LNBL

Think Jghgames Rodgriguez and Memphis Depay are the top young talents of this tournament so far, no?
edit: and Campbell ofcourse forgot about himfor a moment

Firemind

nope I disagree sorry.

just this BPL mentality that every thing is a foul.

Suarez biting someone and not getting ANYTHING is a bad call. as a matter of fact its something you should probably get arrested for.

lol what am i even reading

I get it. Us Americans would never call that a red card because we're MANLY unlike these pussy divers. FREEDOM.

mantidor

God Damn Salsa.

We are facing you this saturday D: I don't think I ever expected to see that in my lifetime, and its happening four blocks down my house.

I only hope the Maracanã doesn't treat you like it did 64 years ago :p

Salsa

God Damn Salsa.

We are facing you this saturday D: I don't think I ever expected to see that in my lifetime, and its happening four blocks down my house.

I only hope the Maracanã doesn't treat you like it did 64 years ago :p

real talk I could go

but I wont

Massa

Seeing the Suarez repercussion here makes me wonder how the internet would take something like the 1986 Maradona hand, or the 1990 World Cup when Argentina drugged Brazilian players during their match.

FuturusX

Seeing the Suarez repercussion here makes me wonder how the internet would take something like the 1986 Maradona hand, or the 1990 World Cup when Argentina drugged Brazilian players during their match.

First of all one of those events was ordained by GOD...the other other was the world's greatest player at the time, cheating to be beat England.

Kak.efes

You guys need to realize there's slow-mo gifs from various angles after a play is done. People are reacting in real time here.

some are still arguing with me over saying Suarez could have just gotten a headbutt in, when the first angle was barely telling

Or, it's GAF hive mind at its worst, and it permeates this thread.

Did I live under a rock for 24 years? I though this whole tranquilizer stuff are just wild rumors?

I don't think it's that clear at all.

It's quite clear, because if any of those offences that occur for a free-kick happen inside the penalty area a penalty is awarded.

As incidental as the contact might be what was the CIV player even thinking by planting his leg there? He can clearly see Samaras in front of him and he is nowhere near challenging for the ball.

Clear cut penalty for mine even though it was Samaras making the contact and not the other way around. The CIV player should know better coming from behind.

That's very different. It was not apparent during the game.
People became aware of that years later.

But Maradona's handball in ARGxENG would provoke some suicide bombings at FIFA HQ. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom