• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT8| Brazi1 - German7

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Congrats, Netherlands. Much more beautiful play than in 2010. Bronze medals well-deserved.

I do think Germany will win tomorrow unless there's a Messi masterclass, and I do love seeing Messi masterclasses.

Insider information says the GOAT is ready for tomorrow and he will make history once more in his career.

SkylineRKR

Yep!
Free kick for Brazil.

This was the most retarded decision of the whole game, and there have been some. That would've been a surefire 3-0 and a fatality. Ref kept them struggling for somewhat longer, but we still killed them.

The opening was telling, De Guzman receiving a yellow for doing.. what exactly? The same card Silva got for his pulling down a player who had broken through.

jts

...hate me...
Wow, the current Google doodle is great.

edit:

tiVAL9Xq-L6092Vk8UX1pi4I-8BzTmf1QyxKuf660HE9xcrt-kNo1IFV1DpMCsGEerA0WxkTqeOSyR8mwj4cj_PKxqs95pnBVSItOEM

Playing favourites? They still have to qualify for it, silly Google.

Danielsan

Man, the referee in this game was all kinds of shit and clearly in favour of Brazil. Not a particularly great or exciting match, but another clear example that Brazil's current team is pretty awful. Can't believe they managed to get to the semi finals.

jts

...hate me...
RVP giving the captain armband to ‘the Oranje General’

GaseousSoggyLcont.gif

I like how RVP goes out of his way to give the armband to that particular guy, and the girl still thinks she's gonna get it if she asks enough times for it. For being a girl, maybe?

LMAO at the filename.

Tristam

RVP's gesture is awesome. That fan surely must become a Netherlegend.

Insider information says the GOAT is ready for tomorrow and he will make history once more in his career.

I'm hoping for it. Messi's the GOAT, but there are people who won't accept it unless he wins the WC. (There are people who won't accept it anyway, but whatever.)

untitled-3nlkyg.gif

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I couldn't believe this shit when I saw it. Thought I had missed some quick foul when the referee awarded a free kick.

Meier

The ref called a foul in that play?

In the gif, it looks a little bit like RVP pushes Thiago and the ref waits to give the foul until it's clear that Brazil has been dispossessed. Anyone have a bigger replay?

I like how RVP goes out of his way to give the armband to that particular guy, and the girl still thinks she's gonna get it if she asks enough times for it. For being a girl, maybe?

LMAO at the filename.

She's trying to get his shirt because it would be worth a lot of money.

See you in four years Mexico!

Anyway, I'm proud of the guys. I never expected them to survive the group phase, but after the fantastic match against Spain they truly were great. The defense was considered our weakest line and Ron Vlaar, Stefan de Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind and other played one hell of a tournament. Kuyt was like the battery that wouldn't die. Our midfield is the weakest link, but de Jong en Sneijder played well enough. Glad to see Clasie playing well. Robben was freaking amazing this tournament. Kudos to everyone this tournament. Even you van Gaal.

Thanks guys. The Eredisivie sends it's regards!

Might be sooner than that! They're most likely having a friendly against each other in The Netherlands later this year.

I feel kinda bad for Holland. You gotta think that if there was a World Cup every year, they would have won in the last 4 years or the next 4, right? Or would it just be Spain Spain Germany Germany Spain Germany etc?

KingJolly

Banned
God I wish I came from a country that was at least good at football, so I could follow it with pride and patrotism.

Wish I was German or even Irish instead ;_; Will you guys take me in?

At least I'm not Brazilian. I feel for you brothers.

I feel kinda bad for Holland. You gotta think that if there was a World Cup every year, they would have won in the last 4 years or the next 4, right? Or would it just be Spain Spain Germany Germany Spain Germany etc?

They had 120 minutes to put in the net against Argentina. And they had two 0-0 matches in play-offs.

But man has Brazil collapsed. I guess the team was mostly Neymar & Silva.

I wonder how Mexico would have done if they squeaked past Netherlands?

Massa

Man, the referee in this game was all kinds of shit and clearly in favour of Brazil. Not a particularly great or exciting match, but another clear example that Brazil's current team is pretty awful. Can't believe they managed to get to the semi finals.

Clearly not, he was just bad all around. The first two goals were illegal* and there were a couple of penalties for Brazil that the ref didn't give.

* the Netherlands would have easily won either way, but still.

I think the World Cup should increase the number of teams that qualify. It would be nice to see some more small countries involved. And go to a round of 32 for the play-offs. It would be great to see the inevitable upsets drive people crazy.

I think the World Cup should increase the number of teams that qualify. It would be nice to see some more small countries involved. And go to a round of 32 for the play-offs. It would be great to see the inevitable upsets drive people crazy.

You'd be surprised how much the talent falls off. I think conferences, like the AFC, need to seriously lose a spot. They are so bad that allowing them into the World Cup is a waste of everyone's time. Give another spot to CONCACAF or CONMEBOL.

Dinokill

No thanks.

World Cup should be a cup for elite, good and middle of the road national teams.

We have too much shit as it is(Cameroon, Greece, etc) with 32 teams.

You'd be surprised how much the talent falls off. I think conferences, like the AFC, need to seriously lose a spot. They are so bad that allowing them into the World Cup is a waste of everyone's time. Give another spot to CONCACAF or CONMEBOL.

So? They'll wash out in the group rounds then. But I think you'll get more interest and more excitement with more participation.

Massa

They had 120 minutes to put in the net against Argentina. And they had two 0-0 matches in play-offs.

But man has Brazil collapsed. I guess the team was mostly Neymar & Silva.

I wonder how Mexico would have done if they squeaked past Netherlands?

Neymar and Silva were also pretty bad in some games, they all just didn't come together as a team. I think every single player played below their capabilities, which weren't that impressive to begin with. There were moments of good football there, but that doesn't win World Cups.

Anxiety and terrible preparations took over. It's a shame Mano Menezes had to be a corrupted asshole, 2010-2012 were wasted on his hands (for those who don't know, he was taking bribes to name players for the Brazilian squad).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom