• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

One3rd

5643481-1400967042.jpg
Nice scene.

Love the Shadow Warrior screens.

This one in particular.

My eyes popped out. Desktop wallpaper material.
Thanks, I wanted to show the remnants of a big fight with debris scattered all along the pathway but found it didn't look as good as I thought. for some reason (maybe due to some ini tweaking) the enemies sort of "glow" in the middle to far distance...I didn't like how this contrasted with the rest of the scene as it stood out too much so I settled on a closer view of the debris. Might have to delete the ini files and start from default to see if the effect goes away.

DinHerio

Banned
The graphics are between "wtf is this crap?", "meh", "looks good" and "amazing..."
And it all comes down to the lighting engine.

Code:
[IMG]http://i7.minus.com/ibsmO4KvRY6J4W.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i6.minus.com/ibhPj0IWlKKTuY.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1.minus.com/ibcdkAgRuy0ce1.png[/IMG]

BONKERS

Most realistic graphics ever !

teslaeffect2014-05-25nsud5.jpg

teslaeffect2014-05-253jusu.jpg

:p:p:p:p:p

Woulda fooled me were it not for the compression.
Hmm, saw some parts in that second screenshot where I'd have expected HBAO+ to apply, but maybe it's just really subtle.

Is very likely since NV does give developers control over how strongly they want to apply.

Look at daylight, the HBAO+ is super strong in that game compared to how subtle it is in WD(Probably i'm guessing so it doesn't look too unrealistic)

I can clearly see that it's working personally. But that's only because i've spent hours staring at HBAO+ while testing it.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
No worries, i'm just resizing them down to 2560x1440 via "FastStone Image Viever" also i don't use any sharpening filters!

With MSAA4x it's almost using all available 6 gig's at 5120x2880. And if i select MSAA8x it's way over, and i have to restart the PC manually, as the game becomes so laggy!
Haha, excellent. The same happens to me with WolfenTNO when I turn up the resolution and visuals for screenshots.

Nice scene.

Thanks, I wanted to show the remnants of a big fight with debris scattered all along the pathway but found it didn't look as good as I thought. for some reason (maybe due to some ini tweaking) the enemies sort of "glow" in the middle to far distance...I didn't like how this contrasted with the rest of the scene as it stood out too much so I settled on a closer view of the debris. Might have to delete the ini files and start from default to see if the effect goes away.
Is there a way to hide hands? Am playing the game now but can't seem to find a way to holster gun/sheathe sword. Tia.

This trend of making all images clickable to go to the Flickr page is very unsettling.
If you are referring to me, my apologies. I've started to post my photos now without the clickable link. My link is now located below the screenshot if that's ok?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
How are you getting such strong DOF?

Others have said that when you check your phone it increases the DoF, so you can take a screenshot quick before the phone comes up.

If you are referring to me, my apologies. I've started to post my photos now without the clickable link. My link is now located below the screenshot if that's ok?

Not just you, a few people are doing it.

Those curious why I pointed it out, you need to click the image on Gaf in order to view it full size in the window, but now if you click it it expands it AND opens a new window! It just makes viewing the full size images a bit of a nuisance is all.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Those curious why I pointed it out, you need to click the image on Gaf in order to view it full size in the window, but now if you click it it expands it AND opens a new window! It just makes viewing the full size images a bit of a nuisance is all.
Yeah, my fault. The reason why I was doing it at first was because a share rule Flickr has stating that the pic needs to be linked back to the flickr page when posting on other websites. But another poster pointed out to me that 'billions' of other people post without linking back. I got the point.

You can now expand my screenshots without them opening another tab/window. But I leave a link below the screenshot if that is alright with you and others.

R8TEDM3

Wow, just wow. I need to get this game asap. Was waiting for a sale.

If you're like me who's never played this game before, then you're in for a treat! So over the top, but damn i'd be lying if i'm not having more fun with this game, than "WD"

Highly recommended.

"Gamefly" has it for a very low price of $14.39 if you use this code "MAY20OFF" which expires at the end of this month!

Few more action shots!

14269347314_37895546b4_o.png

14269354814_eb8f5a0884_o.png

R8TEDM3

With these two i threw in some HBAO+ along with 8xmultisampling & 8xsparse grid super-sampling!

Thanks to BONKERS for the tip earlier!

14269758235_e45a073e6e_o.png

14269780025_b8effa9387_o.png

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Oh, nice HBAO+!
If you're like me who's never played this game before, then you're in for a treat! So over the top, but damn i'd be lying if i'm not having more fun with this game, than "WD"

Highly recommended.

"Gamefly" has it for a very low price of $14.39 if you use this code "MAY20OFF" which expires at the end of this month!

Few more action shots!

14269347314_37895546b4_o.png

14269354814_eb8f5a0884_o.png
I have played this before! On PS3, loved it. But between your screenshots and TwistedSyn's, I can no longer wait. Love the art style and like you and Bonk, am an aa nut, looking forward to tinkering with inspector and downsampling. Will get it at Gamefly for sure.

R8TEDM3

Oh, nice HBAO+!
I have played this before! On PS3, loved it. But between your screenshots and TwistedSyn's, I can no longer wait. Love the art style and like you and Bonk, am an aa nut, looking forward to tinkering with inspector and downsampling. Will get it at Gamefly for sure.

Here's something that will get you right in the game! 0x00000024 bit for HBAO+ with "Nvidia Inspector"

One3rd

Is there a way to hide hands? Am playing the game now but can't seem to find a way to holster gun/sheathe sword. Tia.

Bring up the console with [ctrl] + [~] and type:
Code:
r_draw_hud 0
r_draw_weapon 0

You can also put this in a cfg file and bind the execution of that file to a key press. See the full screenshooting guide on DET here.

Flickr does it by default now, it's just built into the image url apparently. I can't figure out how to avoid it. No one is purposely trying to do it.

Wat? I think you have to use the lazy embed code for forums to get the link. Or manually add it yourself. It's very easy to just post a full-size image from flickr without it linking. Like such:

13565008824_e654e6c6c2_o.jpg

(from BF4)

That said, Flickr has become insanely annoying to get the original image now. I'd still use it for the community aspect but would really consider another host that makes it easier to get the uploaded image for posting on forums.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wat? I think you have to use the lazy embed code for forums to get the link. Or manually add it yourself. It's very easy to just post a full-size image from flickr without it linking. Like such:

That said, Flickr has become insanely annoying to get the original image now. I'd still use it for the community aspect but would really consider another host that makes it easier to get the uploaded image for posting on forums.

That's my point? I can't figure out how to get the original image url now without the link shit built in.

Oh wait, my shots don't do it. Weird, they were doing it to me before.

Top Bottom