• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

mQ5.png

Blizzard

Banned
Well, I guess I finally have to play more than the first few hours of Skyrim now. =P Nice work.

Is it worth playing through for the first time without ENB etc. or am I not missing out if I saw the first few hours? I stopped playing after maybe 4 hours before even seeing a dragon. I think I like the game, just didn't take the time to start back into it.

Yep and those shots are lovely. I'd love to see more.

Thank you mate.

I'll bring more from time to time. :)

I hear you. There is a certain art to capturing great screenshots of assassin's creed games. That art is "lying by omission." =)

If I had the time I'd hack a freecam into Revelations and try REALLY hard to avoid all those LOD issues. I remember that game having nice visuals and atmosphere from time to time.

Hehe I totally agree. If you ever do get the time, a freecam in Revelations would be so divine. I would be all over it lol! :)

BONKERS

I've got some good news to share for everyone who is interested in Skyrim.

Confidence man has released his ENB preset and weather mod that he has been posting pics of .

Here is the link.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97571435&postcount=4051

Hopefully you will be able to disable the god awful CA in Dying Light. And hopefully it won't be an unplayable microstuttering mess like Dead Island is. (Which is NOT completely fixed with a controller.
https://mega.co.nz/#!CNA1CaDb!ACj5S26CqewU3UlJ6Nr2ESrgz30atmnZC1_HCP4Wmz0 )

Hopefully LOD/Pop-in aren't as much of a jarring mess as Dead Island as well. It really ruins how good the game looks.

Hopefully you will be able to disable the god awful CA in Dying Light. And hopefully it won't be an unplayable microstuttering mess like Dead Island is. (Which is NOT completely fixed with a controller.

I'm playing Dead Island right now and it's not stuttering.

That was fixed by modders during like the first week of release. Fix is contained within Dead Island Helper.

And the issue was never present for me in Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Dyling Light is using the next iteration of the engine so that's probably smoothed out by now. Hard to tell how much more improved the visual oddities will be though.

UnrealEck

I'm not a big fan of making Skyrim look like a beauty pageant. A lot of mods for ENB, armour or weapons I've seen on Nexus tend to have screenshots of these beauty pageant contestants plastered all over them. I watched a video of the guy from Tek Syndicate showing which mods he likes and he made a comment about them which made me laugh.
I guess I prefer the more 'authentic' or traditional medeival fantasy look where characters are dressed a bit more plausably for roaming wilderness and spilling blood and guts all over themselves.

Oh I should say something nice too so I don't seem like a complete tool.

The quality is nice though. :)

Darkdeus

Thanks RK9039!

Just something you might appreciate.

I'm assuming those are cropped screenshots.

If you use Widescreen Fixer or Widescreen Helper alongside DSfix, you can take proper portrait screenshots at any resolution you want.

Yea they are cropped. They would look a lot better as a proper portrait shot but I'm such a lazy screenshoter. I might give it a try at some point though.

Here's a few more Dark Souls shots.

11998181956_df7cfd2f04_o.jpg

12006252354_86a801a530_o.jpg

Thanks RK9039!

Yea they are cropped. They would look a lot better as a proper portrait shot but I'm such a lazy screenshoter. I might give it a try at some point though.

Here's a few more Dark Souls shots.

11998181956_df7cfd2f04_o.jpg

12006252354_86a801a530_o.jpg

Love your Dark Souls shots! I'm always surprised by how high quality a lot of the assets in that game are. I never realized, for instance, how detailed the Bat Wing Demon's wings are.

Darkdeus

Edit: opps not sure how I posted those again.

Thanks though! I I'm constantly surprised by the detail in the textures too. I beat the game on the 360 first so it's been nice to go through it again with such nice visuals. I just ordered the Dark Souls Design Works book too!

Spazznid

Yeah it's a very good looking game that plays nice,I really need more time on it.

It certainly is. I hate how it was recieved on GAF, where every thread seemed to revolve around the less than stellar voice acting and horribly mock-able name. Games like Battlefield 4 get away with some pretty ridiculous things, and the only issue I ever had with RM was the combat being hard.

Thorgal

https://mega.co.nz/#!CNA1CaDb!ACj5S26CqewU3UlJ6Nr2ESrgz30atmnZC1_HCP4Wmz0 )

Hopefully LOD/Pop-in aren't as much of a jarring mess as Dead Island as well. It really ruins how good the game looks.

Why did you quote my post ? :p

I'm not a big fan of making Skyrim look like a beauty pageant. A lot of mods for ENB, armour or weapons I've seen on Nexus tend to have screenshots of these beauty pageant contestants plastered all over them. I watched a video of the guy from Tek Syndicate showing which mods he likes and he made a comment about them which made me laugh.
I guess I prefer the more 'authentic' or traditional medeival fantasy look where characters are dressed a bit more plausably for roaming wilderness and spilling blood and guts all over themselves.

Oh I should say something nice too so I don't seem like a complete tool.

The quality is nice though. :)

Thats the beauty o modding skyrim .

It like a canvas for you to paint however you want .

But if you want to You can heavily mod the game and make it look awesome without becoming not lore friendly .

EX : check out the S.T.E.P project .

sunnz

Honestly, GTA IV ENB screenshots blow everything else away IMO.

Just so damn good! Some of the shots I have seen over on the gtaforum would fool even hardcore gamers on whether it's real or a game.

Top Bottom