• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Spazznid

Doesn't matter, there is no difference between 720p and 4k anyway!

/s

happy-lurking.gif.pagespeed.ce.JSCrO1vj_V.gif

Gvaz

Banned
I need to find someone who will sell me their old 4xx or something or give me their old graphics card. Being broke and no job and likely only going to get minimum wage for the time being and graphics cards are out of my range :S Kind of sucks being 99% there for downsampling but can't afford the graphics card.

Spazznid

I need to find someone who will sell me their old 4xx or something or give me their old graphics card. Being broke and no job and likely only going to get minimum wage for the time being and graphics cards are out of my range :S Kind of sucks being 99% there for downsampling but can't afford the graphics card.

dude, I used my old card in a family member's build. Suck being there, man.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Capture lossless footage with something like fraps then framestep->prtScr. But you need a decent PC to handle it.

You could always lower the framerate you capture at.

You could capture at 5fps, then you'll have a pretty decent variety from the video to look through without ridiculously bogging down your framerate.

Darkdeus

Guys, this might be a bit off-topic but I want to ask here since this is where I first saw it.

I'm looking for the name of some sort of "planet/space simulation/terraforming" game/software.
In last years thread there were some cool screenshots of it. You could actually go to the planets themselves and fly around them and such.
It's sort of like Space Engine but you can actually go to to the planets.
Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

]

You're probably thinking of the Infinity Game Engine tech demos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3muhlQYFgLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrcEUO7TC28

Blinck

Was it something you played? or just a video? I remember a dev video, some infinite engine that could do galaxies and planets all the way down to the grass density, seamlessly.

What I saw was screenshots in the previous thread. However that thread is so big now that to find them is gonna be very hard

Are you talking about Terragen?

I don't think it was Terragen. I went back to the 2013 thread and did a quick search for Terragen and found nothing :(

But yeah it seemed something similar to Terragen but on a bigger scale. Can you fly around in terragen now? I remember using it a long time ago but it wasn't realtime IIRC, you just setup some paramaters and rendered a scene. Maybe I'm misremembering though

What I saw was screenshots in the previous thread. However that thread is so big now that to find them is gonna be very hard

I don't think it was Terragen. I went back to the 2013 thread and did a quick search for Terragen and found nothing :(

But yeah it seemed something similar to Terragen but on a bigger scale. Can you fly around in terragen now? I remember using it a long time ago but it wasn't realtime IIRC, you just setup some paramaters and rendered a scene. Maybe I'm misremembering though

Ah there was Outerra! No other planets (that I know of), but its pretty damn awesome.

Teleporter

Finally figured out downsampling! Damn how can i possible get back to FULL HD res now!!!

BATMAN ARKHAN ORIGINS 3840x2160 +SWEETFX
y3K9NNe.jpg

5INwpq5.jpg

RK9039

ibYYrDVLJvtX4.jpg

Found a new shield brother. My team now mainly consists of these giant dudes, who needs weak humans when you have giants with horns.

yeah! Sorry about that! Kinda new at this... Any tips on how to make Steam cap a non compressed screen shot?

Thanks!

Steam has a lossless screenshot setting you can enable. But even then you're still breaking another thread rule by hosting on IMGUR. Read da OP.

I use MSI Afterburner or SweetFX to capture BMPs. The I convert them to 100% and upload to Flickr. But there are other hosting options.

Anywho, a Dead Space 2 shot

11991361743_537f60199b_o.jpg

And Chivalry

11991890636_2f0993097a_o.jpg

MisterM

yeah! Sorry about that! Kinda new at this... Any tips on how to make Steam cap a non compressed screen shot?

Thanks!

You can go into "in game" settings (I believe) in the Steam client. It has to be desktop and non-Big Picture. There's an option to save an uncompressed copy of your screenshots.

Leks

Something sounded graphically wrong in the first Trine (I don't know how), but OH MAN this one...

11997570045_1a24574dfa_o.png

11997801094_158e109d31_o.png

Downsampling to 2560x1080 (Bicubic Sharper).

How did you get the free cam? Download links please?

We're using that term a bit too freely. Here's a more apt description of the "free cameras" on this page:

Remember Me: No-clip + fixing camera in place + trying to move character into place after fixing camera = massive headache

Dark Souls: Wonky cheat engine camera hack that is very limited and hard to use = massiver headache

Tis why I've not bothered to add either game to the Compendium yet. Though I probably could put in what I know for Remember me even though that solution is far from ideal....

Darkdeus

heh yea that's why I said it kinda works. I couldn't even get it to activate during the iron golem boss fight cause it would just crash every time. As far as I know you can't move your character either. It's still better then nothing.

Top Bottom