• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Thorgal

The water may be beautiful....

enb2014_01_1522_01_14oermw.jpg

But danger lurks just beneath the surface.

enb2014_01_1522_02_48ofoo4.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Cheat engine has slow motion built in. It's not perfect but it works. You can also use it to speed the game up. I THINK it worked in Dark Souls.

Edit -> Settings -> Hotkeys

Assign keys to "Speedhack speed 1, Speedhack speed 2, etc etc" and set the speed you want.

0.1 is 10% speed
1.0 is 100% speed (normal)

It does but there's some issues.

If you're playing at 60fps and you half the speed, you're now playing at 30fps. The game doesn't render the full 60 any longer.

You can combat this by editing the INI file so that it renders at a maximum of 120fps, then when you half it you'll be playing at a 50% speed 60fps. Likewise, if you do 240fps you can do 25% speed 60fps.

Durante

getting actions shots for the game is kinda annoying also since there's no way to slow the game down. i really wanna get a good shot of the gold tracer though.
Actually, I have a pause key in DSfix. I don't remember whether I put it into any of the released versions though. Actually, I just checked, and I did.

Durante

I'm not sure how a pause key would help? Can you still move the camera around or something?
Well, with my semi-free cam hack you could. I don't know how it interacts with the cheat engine table used here.

But the whole reason I put it in was to pose screenshots.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm not sure how a pause key would help? Can you still move the camera around or something?

Oh yeah totally I forgot about that!

It basically pauses the movement of everything but the game is still active.

Here's a GIF example I made for another thread a while back about how they hated that the game didn't have an actual pause option.

qfixpQ3.gif

You can see that after the pause the camera still moves.

Darkdeus

damn you guys are going to make me get back to finishing taking screens of Dark Souls. Here's some old shots I never uploaded. What's this semi-free cam and how do you activate it?

11974038194_7ac8841af7_o.jpg

11973670885_49b40a9f2b_o.jpg

Seyavesh

big ups to durante and neoenigma for tellin' me about the pause function and slowmo

i gotta try that stuff out and see if it works with the free cam

N75.jpg

Card Boy

Banned
Brothers a Tale of Two Sons. I'm using SweetFX and all i did wa change the AF to x16 in the .ini file. No bullshots, natural screenshot.

ibjHYBUJJv3pLv.bmp

iDPll8w2foW2J.bmp

Kaleinc

Banned
getting actions shots for the game is kinda annoying also since there's no way to slow the game down. i really wanna get a good shot of the gold tracer though.
Capture lossless footage with something like fraps then framestep->prtScr. But you need a decent PC to handle it.

Blinck

Guys, this might be a bit off-topic but I want to ask here since this is where I first saw it.

I'm looking for the name of some sort of "planet/space simulation/terraforming" game/software.
In last years thread there were some cool screenshots of it. You could actually go to the planets themselves and fly around them and such.
It's sort of like Space Engine but you can actually go to to the planets.
Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Oh, and amazing screenshots as usual everyone. This thread is always a good thread to "read" in the morning while having some coffee. So sweet to my eyes!
And a little contribution:

Dishonored
dishno.jpg

Banding Souls
dks.jpg

Thorgal

Guys, this might be a bit off-topic but I want to ask here since this is where I first saw it.

I'm looking for the name of some sort of "planet/space simulation/terraforming" game/software.
In last years thread there were some cool screenshots of it. You could actually go to the planets themselves and fly around them and such.

Oh, and amazing screenshots as usual everyone. This thread is always a good thread to "read" in the morning while having some coffee. So sweet to my eyes!
And a little contribution:

Dishonored
dishno.jpg

Banding Souls
dks.jpg

could it be X:rebirth you are thinking of?

I hear it is a complete buggy mess at its release so i don't know in what state it is now .

gibbsy24

Evochron Mercenary perhaps?

Dem Screencaps...

On my deathbed, looking back, my only regret will be leaving the PC master race for the lazy middle of the road console market. Please Steam Box - save my soul!

giphy.gif

Spazznid

11982865546_48de4c4db2_o.png

Thanks for the help guys but it was neither of those :(

I think it was more like a simulation software and not so much of a game.

Was it something you played? or just a video? I remember a dev video, some infinite engine that could do galaxies and planets all the way down to the grass density, seamlessly.

Teleporter

ok ok ... this thread made my go crazy all the way and get a third monitor, but im in doubt now! I have a Benq 120hz and a samsung 60hz both 24". i thought in buying another Benq 24" 120hz but ive found an Asus and Philips that can output 144hz !!!!
So is there problem gaming wise (and hardware wise) to have 3 types of refresh rate on the same vga? By the way i have a gigabyte GTX770 2GB atm!
What u guys think? Should i get a 144hz monitor or just get another 120hz Benq like the one i have already?
Thank you and awesome shots... here`s one from my surround test a few days ago!

Batman Arkhan Origins 5760x1080

vSTqXM3.jpg

Top Bottom