• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

DD

ibgM93fzZPDtWr.jpg

iq0GP2NDeTqPu.jpg

RK9039

It sure as hell does, and gameplay to match. At lvl 12 I was having a really hard time with some level 15 quests. Quests don't give xp, but the mobs you kill, and other activities do give xp, so I was just doing quests and was underleveled. I looked around for other sidequests, but evventually decided to face the lvl 15 mobs, even though they could kill me in 2-3 hits easy. I had already died to them before, but this time I leveraged the game's mechanics, and the mobs never even hit me. Ever since then, combat has been fun as hell.

I can't wait to try it one day, I heard there could be a beta for NA/EU in May.

Spazznid

I can't wait to try it one day, I heard there could be a beta for NA/EU in May.

I hope so. The game has me sold so far. The combat is engaging and very difficult at times, when there are a lot of enemies ganging up on you. The areas are HUGE, and everything has tons of little details. All of the NPC's have things to say, and you can develop relationships with them which can help you later on, like buying houses, goods, etc. The knowledge system is awesome and I'm sure it will be even cooler when I can read about everything. Almost every building is enterable, with full details inside, and there are plenty of ownable houses. The music is great, and the sound is very well done. I can't understand the questline yet, but it looks very interesting. I'm about to try and catch/tame a horse when I hit lvl 20. Apparently they just added the ability to breed them. I haven't even touched the Dye system, the farming system, the laborer system, the housing system, etc. there's just so much stuff.

RK9039

I hope so. The game has me sold so far. The combat is engaging and very difficult at times, when there are a lot of enemies ganging up on you. The areas are HUGE, and everything has tons of little details. All of the NPC's have things to say, and you can develop relationships with them which can help you later on, like buying houses, goods, etc. The knowledge system is awesome and I'm sure it will be even cooler when I can read about everything. Almost every building is enterable, with full details inside, and there are plenty of ownable houses. The music is great, and the sound is very well done. I can't understand the questline yet, but it looks very interesting. I'm about to try and catch/tame a horse when I hit lvl 20. Apparently they just added the ability to breed them. I haven't even touched the Dye system, the farming system, the laborer system, the housing system, etc. there's just so much stuff.

Sounds so good, I had to take a break from ArcheAge but basically Black Desert online is that game only it's like the next gen of ArcheAge. I'm pretty sure you can do pirating as well which was really all I did in ArcheAge, so I'm really looking forward to this.

ibtED9SiQp3yUZ.png

ibdbX6vRTQAaHS.png

Spazznid

Sounds so good, I had to take a break from ArcheAge but basically Black Desert online is that game only it's like the next gen of ArcheAge. I'm pretty sure you can do pirating as well which was really all I did in ArcheAge, so I'm really looking forward to this.

ibtED9SiQp3yUZ.png

ibdbX6vRTQAaHS.png

It seems to take a lot of inspirations from games like ArcheAge and Vindictus, among others. For example, the farming is similar, but Black Desert has a Weather system, humidity, temperature and water levels that affect the farming. Another thing is that Black Desert will be getting more Naval gameplay as well.

RK9039

giphy.gif

It seems to take a lot of inspirations from games like ArcheAge and Vindictus, among others. For example, the farming is similar, but Black Desert has a Weather system, humidity, temperature and water levels that affect the farming. Another thing is that Black Desert will be getting more Naval gameplay as well.

Niice, seems like a lot of content. They still have even shown much of the remaining classes.

Blizzard

Banned
The Talos Principle

talos2014-12-1301-31-swud2.png

talos2014-12-1301-26-o0uyc.png

This game is rather difficult to post because I want to avoid environment spoilers, so I just put two shots from the starting area. The game assets may be a bit simplistic by recent standards, but I like the clean visual style the game has. It's very responsive, runs well, and most of the time avoids crazy postprocess effects that might lag input responsiveness or blur things.

Some of the later areas can be rather beautiful, too.

BONKERS

Lower is of course better, technically, but not artistically, and that's what my comment was about. FakeFactory sucks hard in the visual design department.

Artistically? That's highly doubtful. Take away all of the OPTIONAL added content that is entirely added for one person's subjective personal use (Music, chara models, gun models,etc). And most of it is a vast improvement and more believable and closer to what the HL2 world would actually look like.

We need less people like you, who put shit up on a pedestal and are so closed minded it hurts to think about it.

God forbid imagine valve did a remake of HL2 and added this kind of stuff (Think those leaked Source 2 L4D2 pictures), people would react either the same way or put on the blinders and praise be all lord valve our lord and master!

Also: Black Desert Showcases the only remotely passable use of CA so far. (Though those fringes could be offset a few more pixels backwards)Bravo.

Talos looks great too, I love the look of Serious Engine. Stylistic and clean.

Spazznid

That's pretty nice for an MMO.

Can you move the camera forward and backwards, up and down? He only moved it side to side.

You can zoom in to first person as in, as far forward as your character. You can zoom out to about 25-30 feet as well. You can also move the camera just as far up or down. It's a VERY nice function. Like a 60-foot in any direction free cam of sorts. You can also go slo mo for a few seconds, but that's hard to do well, and until I'm higher level, I won't try to master it.

15864878269_fbab219cd8_o.png

16048970671_4f48e5d97d_o.png

Spazznid

15864878329_d8b9222d9e_o.png

16050915745_3144b78b70_o.png

Loving every moment so far. This and FFXIV ARR are my two big MMOs. Guild Wars 2 isn't what I wanted as a GW1 player, and MMOs in general haven't seemed to move forward in any significant ways, but this one is raising the bar in so many areas and it's from a Korean developer. I hope when this comes to the West, it sets a few standards and companies begin doing some things differently.

Spazznid

I might just bug you for the guides on how to play that. Could be something interesting to try over the holidays.

Any time. They just lifted the region lock, so you can play it without a VPN. All you need is a Korean account, which can be obtained a few ways. Let me know if you want some help with anything.

Top Bottom