• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Lime

masseffect32013-08-05izsyx.png

masseffect32013-08-05llskb.png

soontroll

Banned
are you guys using any kind of mods or anything for dark souls? it looks amazing.

Can't speak for others but I use DSfix, a custom sweetfx setting, HD texture pack by Toology86 and a bunch of individual weapon and armour textures. The IQ in the other guys' shots are amazing because they're rendering at really high resolutions.

Darkdeus

Thanks again neo. Great shots as well! You definitely gotta get past Sens Fortress. Anor Londo is awesome and the dlc is great as well. I just finished it for the first time with my 360 character.

I gotta remember to try out some of the spells and gestures in order to get more interesting poses. That dragon shot is awesome. Here's a few of my older shots.

12206355493_8c3f744a1a_o.jpg

12206388623_b724e8481b_o.jpg

Darkdeus

oh wow you figured out the FOV?! What is the range that is available and how long until you add it to your CE table : ) I might have to make a new character and start taking shots all over now. Very nice job!

That reminds me does anyone happen to have a save near the beginning of the game with all of the armor and weapons? I tried adding some using some ids I looked up but it then wouldn't load that save anymore and I had to resort to a backup.

FOV can be anything you want it to be. I've gone from 10 to 100. I'll upload the new table soon. Just want to make sure it works reliably in different places and whatnot.

I don't seem to have any trouble giving myself items. It would take forever to give myself EVERYTHING though. What I did was buy a bunch of crappy armor for each slot from the first vendor and went and replaced it with the highlighted item mod. I think you need the HEX ID for that option. When you're replacing equipped gear, you need to use the decimal ID.

Sometimes I'm in complete disbelief that I'm playing this at 60fps. Confidence Man deserves all the credit in the world for his absolutely superb config.

enb2014_01_2901_49_3773rke.png

enb2014_01_2920_39_08h7pp1.png

Been messing with SFX and gauss too much. This game is indeed weird color wise. And go figure, the screencap turned out to not be working for 80% of this session. :p yay.

screenshot_2014_01_30_03_05_57_by_roderickartist-d74c2a0.png

screenshot76437_by_roderickartist-d74c2aj.png

FOV is wonderful though!

Durante

My guess is PostAA (FXAA). Blurs the shit out of the game and destroys texture quality.

Here's another terrible IQ FOV test. Seems solid and stable. Will upload shortly.
Did you manage to increase the FoV and have the game's object culling work correctly with it? The last time I increased the FoV I had objects being culled outside of the original view frustum.

Did you manage to increase the FoV and have the game's object culling work correctly with it? The last time I increased the FoV I had objects being culled outside of the original view frustum.

I'm not entirely sure. I haven't noticed any problems so far. I'm sure Duncan will let me know as he's been dying to have FOV when shooting this game.

If that is the case, it's not something I'd be able to fix for sure. That would involve code that I'd have no clue how to find\modify.

Thorgal

The game is very much playable but sadly as seen in these screenshots you get these nasty lines when you up the resolution render.

pcsx2-r53502014-01-23ukib6.jpg

pcsx2-r53502014-01-23vneew.jpg

Top Bottom