• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

12330848215_126be12159_o.jpg

12330840145_ee5913dd4b_o.jpg

This is the only other shot I took while creating\testing the free camera.

12334532915_f134e8fb35_o.jpg

Can't seem to find a save game that's compatible with the 1.06 uplay version and I don't want to do the beginning section again. Takes hours and it's sooooooo booooooring.

AC bores the shit out of me, but that water in ACIV may just get me to purchase.

Black Flag is a pretty decent game. Running around the beginning section of AC3 reminds me of how much they improved Black Flag. The water looks great, but so does foliage. And character models in general. It still stop rendering eyes beyond a certain distance though, which I find funny. And distant LOD is just awful.

CHC

AC bores the shit out of me, but that water in ACIV may just get me to purchase.

Honestly I've been a vocal critic of the series since the original, but I have to hand it to Ubi on Black Flag. While I think they would have been better served dropping the Assassin's Creed title and just making a pirate game called "Black Flag", it's still a really awesome game.

One3rd

This thread is moving faster than Amtrak train! Great photos all around :)

12332000205_fa84d25dee_o.jpg

12332442324_7a31d7deb3_o.jpg
What's going on here with what looks like the first image being overlayed with a ghost of the second? Or is this the presence of the spooky "Lord of the Shadows"! =P

gunderic

Neo Member
Hi everyone! Still relatively new to high-res screenshots, so please be gentle :) Having loads of fun with your free-camera, Neo. And of course Durante has made the PC version of Dark Souls the definitive version. Thank you both for your hard work!

A note on the title: I think I'm getting 4K downsampling to 1200p to work (based on original image sizes and stated resolution in the game's PC settings menu), but I'm still unsure of whether output resolution in DSFix should be set to 1920x1200 or 0. I've tried both and cannot for the life of me see the difference. Any tips would be much appreciated!

BONKERS

This thread is moving faster than Amtrak train! Great photos all around :)

12332000205_fa84d25dee_o.jpg

12332442324_7a31d7deb3_o.jpg

Why thank you for posting screenshots of 720p native with no AA FMVs!

I WISH they had redone those. I mean, as cutscene heavy as the game is. How is THAT acceptable? on PC no less. It' SO jarring to be playing this game in ultra high resolution with good AA and then bam, ultra compressed FMV 1280x720 with no AA.

I asked David Cox about it and he basically said there's nothing they can do (sure), but LoS 2 will all be real-time.

Why does RE5 look so much better than RE6?

Textures. They switched from Forward Rendering to Deferred. Which ate up their tiny texture budget for the game. Wish they had upgraded them for PC. There's no way they authored all those textures in such shitty detail.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The most recent patch for Enslaved seems to have broken the custom resolution ini setting for me, always default back to 1920x1080 no matter what I set. Is there a way around that?

One3rd

The most recent patch for Enslaved seems to have broken the custom resolution ini setting for me, always default back to 1920x1080 no matter what I set. Is there a way around that?
I could never get anything above 3200x1800 working in that game. Tiledshot works in Enslaved...although there are drawbacks to using it.

Top Bottom