• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

ReeceIsAlive

Neo Member
So it appears my flickr account is absolutely fucked, i'm completely unable to login. Just as I fixed my ds so that I could use neos trainer... *sigh*

FE7.png
GE7.png

EE7.png

So it appears my flickr account is absolutely fucked, i'm completely unable to login. Just as I fixed my ds so that I could use neos trainer... *sigh*

http://i.picpar.com/FE7.png[IMG][IMG]http://i.picpar.com/GE7.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.picpar.com/EE7.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice shots, but it's only two per post.

I'm no magic user, but I really love how that sword looks.

You're right - and thanks for the compendium entry on AC4, it's extremely helpful.

Two more panoramas, vertical this time.

What version are you running? Now that I've learned AOB scan, I want to convert my scripts over to that so they work in any version. Right now, my time of day and sun position scripts are not AOB... but they're very useful to have.

Flickr has been off and on today. They're probably working on something. Anyways, I like the idea of sticking to the 2 wide shots (or 1:1), or 3 tall portraits in a row. Keeps the thread looking cleaner =)

CHC

What version are you running? Now that I've learned AOB scan, I want to convert my scripts over to that so they work in any version. Right now, my time of day and sun position scripts are not AOB... but they're very useful to have.

Running the latest of both Cheat Engine and AC4, both were downloaded within the week. I have noticed that the time of day script is non-functional and the sun script (F7) instantly crashes the game, haha... but I'm not one to nitpick. A lot of the screens I take during missions when the time of day is frozen and usually hand placed to look really good anyway.

BONKERS

I have made some screenshots using the sweetfx screenshot function at 3200 x 1800px. Surprisingly (to me) they are not downsampled but saved in this native set res.

There are people here that take screenshots like that right? How do you resize them? I just cant rescale them to 1920 x 1080px without creating a ton of aliasing so it seems to be the best to blur the images before scaling them down to avoid that. Is there a simpler solution?

You can download free stuff like Faststone or Infranview and resize them using Bicubic for the easiest general result.

Reebot

12317062425_0185354427_o.png

12317056825_0ae72a2b23_o.png

Using the in game AA +FXAA downsampled produces very excellent results. Alternatively if you have a powerful Nvidia GPU you can force SGSSAA as well

http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=9852622&postcount=4544

These shots are in-game AA and downsampled; I can't run SGSSAA without bringing the frame rate to a crawl and I'm trying to have fun with this playthrough (I'm one of five people worldwide who would use the words "enjoy" and "Operation Raccoon City" in a positive way). Thanks for the advice though, I always like finding out how to use Nvidia Inspector better

Gvaz

Banned
LOOK HOW GAUDY THIS FUCKIN SUIT IS
deadspace32014-02-050esk1l.png

Then of course Carver gets visually the cold suit that Issac had for his hot suit
deadspace32014-02-050rcjsv.png

I really like all of these! The triptych with the two color palettes works really well together.

On a side note...I was heading to Flickr to add these to my favorites but can't seem to login with Google. Since when does Flickr hate Google?

Flickr has been acting funky lately. I feel like they're trying to do some kind of maintenance or upgrade and its having side effects. I was having issues all day yesterday getting onto my main page.

12317988403_cc4669d195_o.jpg

12318223564_091f65a274_o.jpg

This is one of the most stunning pictures I've seen of Dark Souls.
Just the way that it is centered, and the character is just staring up into the painting.
Wonderful shot. It belongs in a museum!

I do not regret for 1 second hacking FOV into that game. I was like "how high do I need to go to get the entire portrait in frame? Pretty high. And far away.

In hindsight, I don't know why I didn't take it in a portrait AR. Oh well.

That last batch of shots is really great, Neo. And I think the one of the Painting works quite well as a wide AR. It helps emphasize the 'floor', which adds to the height of the Painting.

And that bridge shot :)

Anyway, I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME. I can't ever stop. I draws me in everytime. I was just testing some shit cause I was actually trying to get shots in NFS:HP, but I popped on a teensy bit of CA and the gaussian effect in SFX, and it is SEX.

Also I am now doing images at 2560 width as well. No new monitor yet, but time to get with the times :p

nfs13_exe_dx11_20140205_104048_by_roderickartist-d757v26.png

nfs13_exe_dx11_20140205_103438_by_roderickartist-d757v7k.png

BONKERS

12317062425_0185354427_o.png

12317056825_0ae72a2b23_o.png

These shots are in-game AA and downsampled; I can't run SGSSAA without bringing the frame rate to a crawl and I'm trying to have fun with this playthrough (I'm one of five people worldwide who would use the words "enjoy" and "Operation Raccoon City" in a positive way). Thanks for the advice though, I always like finding out how to use Nvidia Inspector better

Well you aren't the only one. I highly enjoy the game myself :p

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Ahahaha.

What a hilariously overpriced plugin. Unless it does a seriously exact job of matching jpg compression.

It's SO overpriced! Especially when you could just...save it as a low quality JPEG and get perfect results.

Triptych baked in.

aventador_j_triptych_by_roderickartist-d757v3x.png

That second one looks really cool. It feels like an actual promo shot.

Game only hits 1200p but the Dell UI says 2560*1440 so i'm guessing Nvidia's upscaling is at work.
bastion_2014_02_05_15efjdg.jpg

Damn, is that really what bastion looked like? I don't remember it like that at all but it looks so vibrant and bright.

Flickr has been acting funky lately. I feel like they're trying to do some kind of maintenance or upgrade and its having side effects. I was having issues all day yesterday getting onto my main page.

12317988403_cc4669d195_o.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2855/12318223564_091f65a274_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I like this shot a lot. The stance with the sword is great.

It's weird that I have maybe 100 hours in Dishonored and I've seen this screenshot maybe 15 times now from other people, but I have no clue where that is.

EDIT Return to the Tower, optional Mission

How do you get the correct image links from Flickr, if i may ask? You also use Flickr, right?

Thanx, i feel stupid for havin asked this but sometimes just can't find what i want. Also i got the mission wrong @neoenigma, i believe it was in the main game.

I like that one. Not sure why. The car just looks nice and clean. Gotta love that tilt feature.

Also, don't make me reinstall that game. I've enough on my plate. Though I didn't get to play around with time of day enough...

Doooo itttt. And I forgot the ToD CT you made! Ah I will be swamped in screenshots tonight :p

It's SO overpriced! Especially when you could just...save it as a low quality JPEG and get perfect results.

That second one looks really cool. It feels like an actual promo shot.

Yup. They are asking 150 for basically a photoshop action. And gracias, that one is mah favorite.

Damn, is that really what bastion looked like? I don't remember it like that at all but it looks so vibrant and bright.

I haven't changed anything at least. Screenshotted in BMP then used bicubic sharper (negligible effect IMO) to downsample to 1080p.

Top Bottom