• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Microsoft E3 Conference

Bsigg12

8/10. Solid showing though most of what would have been megatons leaked. Not one mention of TV was great.

Halo TMCC is being talked about on Gametrailers btw.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Decent conference, but I'm disappointed at the CGI trailers and the fact that two of the bigger stories were just remakes (Phantom Dust and Halo).

Trevelyon

Very solid show, Spencer made good on his pledge of games. But yeah, the ntkrnl leaks definitely took the impact out of the show.

A fantastic conference only spoiled by leaks. Love the line-up both for this year and beyond, but I think Sunset Overdrive stole the show for me. Well done, Insomniac.

CrisKre

I liked it ok. Most of the games looked a little samey to me.

Sunset overdrive looks awesome though. It and the Platinum game, though very early by the looks of it will have me buy a xbone eventualy (probably in 2 years).

Oh, I also really liked that 2d game with the white creature.

Solid, but not spectacular.

SugarDave

I enjoyed Microsoft's showing. It's a step in the right direction and Phil Spencer is a pretty cool guy. Figures the phone would ring when Witcher 3 was on.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
5/10 or C from me. No real surprises (GAF spoiled them) and I wasn't crazy about the games that were shown.

I'm not expecting much better from Sony or Nintendo, tbh.

This year's lineup (across all systems) is one of the worst in quite some time, IMO. There's just nothing I'm really looking forward to for the rest of the year since Infamous and Diablo 3: ROS hit... unless if by some miracle Beast Souls comes out this year.

Next year is going to be insane though.

BibiMaghoo

Now it's over with, I feel those leaks did actually damage the way this conference is going to be perceived. That is kind of a shame. I'm all for leaks, but It's clear that all the surprises were no such thing, and that has left people unhappy. Had that not been the case, the response would be more positive I think.

They showed some new titles that have peoples attention, though it is a shame they showed so much CGI, but at least they focused on games. That is great. Good effort.

Sunset Overdrive was the clear winner here. Taking the piss out of the grimdark COD shootery stuff was a bit on the nose, but still appreciated. Beautiful colours, smooth animation, it just looks like pure fun. I read the Edge article last month but it didn't do it justice, I was really impressed.

Crackdown is nice to have back with D. Jones at the helm. Halo Collection we knew about, but it will also be great to have everything on one disc, Criterion-ized for your pleasure. Plus a day without Dan Ayoub on stage is like a woman without diamonds or a day without Twinkies. Good stuff.

Felt bad for the Harmonix dev. Sucks to have the rug pulled out from underneath you like that.

All in all, a decent conference. No megatons.

Kind of awkward after Spencer opened up the conference gushing about and showing CoD for 10 fucking minutes though.

iceatcs

I'm sad. No GTAV, ME4 or RE7.

But it's a quite solid conference but too much CGI just for next year titles.
Maybe too much 3rd party demos, whereas there isn't much for 1srt party portfolio

Had breath held in preparation for an exclusive Mass Effect or Fallout game I'd never get to play - I can live without whatever Platinum's cooking up.

Overall though that was pretty solid - Xbox One has got a really great 2014 coming up between Sunset Overdrive and The Halo collection.

Crackdown was a little meh to end on, brings back memories of when Sony ended on Twisted Metal a few years ago.

No Kojima was surprising.

frizby

Solid. 7/10

No megatons, but a nice steady stream of games with Sunset Overdrive stealing the show

Awkward transitions between CoD and SO and then into DR3 DLC. Like the games were taking the piss out of each other.

terrier

expected more, they are behind PS4 now, so it was their chance to generate hype, and they did not.
Correct conference being generous. I guess they did not have enough time to have enough games announced since Spencer came. Maybe next year they will deliver some megatons.

DeaviL

Banned

The spell aard is a green triangle.
Game_Icon_Aard_symbol_unlit.png

CantTrickMe

Neo Member
Im really disappointed by the conference. They showed us gameplay of Halo 2....really?? A ten year old game??? Acting like it's something new.....get out of here. Sunset looks like the biggest tweaker game, in my opinion. Outside of the Witcher 3, there was nothing that would have made me run out and buy a console if I didn't already have one. When Fable is the best looking game then we have problems. And CoD to kick it off.....FAIL!!!!!! We've seen CoD already...every year we see CoD like it's going to be the most amazing experience ever. I give Microsoft a B-.

Ori and the Blind Forest looked legit.

The conference was okay, nothing too special or surprising. No Banjo yet again, and Conker is only in Project Spark (lol).

7/10 I guess.

88random

So, the big 3rd party game is Platinum game...

It was 100% games, without Kinect, but it was still a liitle big dissapointing. Nothing really big and new. And Crackdown and Platinum game were spoiled by insiders.
So far, I'm interested in Halo collection, Sunset Overdrive and new Platinum game.

Marjar

Banned
Good conference. Stuck to the games and didn't bring in any Kinect, sports, or TV crap no one cares about.

I'm just disappointed they didn't show more of D4. It's easily the game I'm most interested in for the XBO, mainly because it's SWERY.

KOHIPEET

6/10 for me.

-Too much time for third parties
-Lackluster CG footage from their biggest exclusives
-No Gameplay from Halo 5? Seriously?

From an entertainment aspect, it was a good conference, but as an event that should sell me on X1, it failed miserably.

The only exclusives that looked good were So and Horizon 2.

Disappointed.

Underwhelming? Average? 5/10?

Wow, thought it was pretty good... There wasn't any like "mic-drop" moment, but it was a steady stream of what I thought were interesting games.

Guess I'm crazy or something.
Wall to wall games - but the trouble is they were either multiplat games or games we already knew about officially.

And then we had new reveals that were all rumoured. And those games are kind of cult/nichey games. Phantom Dust isn't going to wow many people outside of here.

It was a pretty disappointing conference really, there was nothing completely unexpected and there were hardly any new games.

Was that rumour about them having a big third-party exclusive game false? I'm not sure which games could of been that.

jay23

Another solid conference for MS, excited for master chief collection, crackdown, and sunset overdrive.

7/10 imo

OneUh8

I thought it was a very solid conference. Halo Collection makes me want one. But a very solid show, but nothing groundbreaking like I hoped. Give it a B+

Hoo-doo

Banned
Sony or Nintendo need just a single "surprise" to raise the bar after this one.
Literally everything was leaked or known beforehand. People at MS must have been frustrated as hell.

Better than last year for sure but nothing exciting. Not enough gameplay and to much multiplats with early dlc. What happened to the PC i only saw like 2 or 3 games mentioning pc besides the obvious muiltiplats like cod. They said more focus on pc it looks like more of the same. Also Is it just me or did the witchers frame rate look horrendous?

Salty Hippo

I still can't get over that Conker thing. They thought we'd be happy about that? Jeez. Just make a new game, MS, don't tell us to do it.

Me neither. It completed ruined the conference to me, I couldn't get excited by anything else. Not even Platinum took the depression out of me.

Top Bottom