• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
WOOO

FUCK YEA

Huge win after last game, this teams character really showed tonight. Typical of Julien to send out of his goon line.

Fularu

Banned
And if the Bruins capitalized on some of their chances they could be 3-0 as well...

The Bruins are only 2 - 1 because the Habs just stopped playing for 5 minutes during the second game. So far, they have been the better team on the ice, leading every single time.

Missed opportunities are the mark of a team that can't capitalize on what it creates.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The Habs really do deserve to be 3-0 in the series. This is some of the worst playoff hockey I've seen the Bruins play, and I think a lot of it is because the Habs know how to counter the Bruins perfectly.

Good job Habs, but can't help but feel like the Bruins should really lead this series 3-0 if they had better finishers on offense. Guys like Soderberg, Marchand and Lucic are just offensive black holes; they can't put a puck in the net to save their lives...

But gotta say the Habs are playing very consistently so far; sign that they are well-coached. Bruins, if they are dominating 5-on-5, they are taking stupid penalties and letting Habs score on PP; if they are not dominating 5-on-5 like today, they don't take stupid penalties but they let the Habs score on breakaways. Always something missing from the Bruins. They have the best team on paper by a country mile but can't seem to get their act together throughout a match (usually, 3rd period only).

Antti

The Bruins are only 2 - 1 because the Habs just stopped playing for 5 minutes during the second game. So far, they have been the better team on the ice, leading every single time.

Missed opportunities are the mark of a team that can't capitalize on what it creates.
I'm a Habs fan and that's ridiculous. Boston were miles ahead of Montreal in the first two games and they "should've" been up 2-0 going to the Bell Centre.

Missed opportunities are the mark of doing things right.

Also, Price has thoroughly outplayed Rask. Not sure what's up with Rask, but definitely not a great display by the likely Vezina winner. Bishop is definitely more deserving of the award than Rask.

Fularu

Banned
I'm a Habs fan and that's ridiculous. Boston were miles ahead of Montreal in the first two games and they "should've" been up 2-0 going to the Bell Centre.

Missed opportunities are the mark of doing things right.

If you're "miles ahead" you don't end up behind in all 3 games.

If you can't capitalize on how what you create, then you're lacking the needed heart to win.

On paper the Bruins should be decimating MTL, problem is, on ice, they aren't, they're getting misshandled in every game so far.

Remember that it isn't always the best team that wins, it's the one that doesn't miss the few real chances it gets.

cube444

Also, Price has thoroughly outplayed Rask. Not sure what's up with Rask, but definitely not a great display by the likely Vezina winner. Bishop is definitely more deserving of the award than Rask.

Vezina is based on the regular season. Anyone knew that for the Habs to beat Boston in this series, Price had to at the very least match Rask in net. He's done even better than that.

Must win for Boston in Game 4. Habs better be ready because I think we will see a desperate Boston team in that game.

Antti

If you're "miles ahead" you don't end up behind in all 3 games.

If you can't capitalize on how what you create, then you're lacking the needed heart to win.

On paper the Bruins should be decimating MTL, problem is, on ice, they aren't, they're getting misshandled in every game so far.

Remember that it isn't always the best team that wins, it's the one that doesn't miss the few real chances it gets.

Maybe miles ahead is a bit of hyperbole, but they were the better team in both of those first two games.

The second paragraph doesn't really mean anything.

The best team doesn't always win, exactly. That's why Montreal is leading the series.

Kifimbo

851793165.gif

Fularu

Banned
Maybe miles ahead is a bit of hyperbole, but they were the better team in both of those first two games.

The second paragraph doesn't really mean anything.

The best team doesn't always win, exactly. That's why Montreal is leading the series.

They're leading because, outside of the second game, they didn't squander their opportunities.

At least Boston's lucky, they don't lose as fast as during Football competitions (one or two games and you're out), they can still come back, but they need to get their shit together and show that they want to win, not this terrible display of believing that MTL is so beneath them that they don't have to make efforts.

Antti

They're leading because, outside of the second game, they didn't squander their opportunities.

You're preaching to the choir. MTL takes advantage of the few chances they get.

They did a good job on keeping BOS to the outside and created quality scoring chances themselves today.

Red_Man

Sanjuro told me that Rask doesn't have a problem with Montreal though! He's now 4-11-4 against them, and has been completely outplayed by Price this series and that's why it's 2-1. He simply doesn't play as well against Montreal. This is the first game that Montreal outplayed Boston as a whole, glad to see them hold that lead and destroy that narrative.

:jnc

Yes. The one goal Rask gave up to the Habs last night proves without a doubt that the Canadiens are in his head.

I mean it's not like there is any other data to help this point out...

What does that link have to do with anything? You brought up a goaltender's win/loss records in direct comparison to that said goaltender's performance.

That is incredibly laughable.

Red_Man

Subban is the 3rd D in Canadiens history to post 3 straight multi point games in the playoffs. Beast.

I hope Therrien doesn't change the lineup at all for the next game. I don't want Prust in with the way he played the last games.
Bournival was fantastic tonight, (thanks Colorado!) a huge improvement. The only change I'd like to see is Murray out, but it's not happening.

Top Bottom