• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What are the odds that you get consecutive days of Fleury shutout -> Fleury shutout -> Bryzgalov shutout?

In the playoffs?

And the shutout! Dat Bryz!

562999-sa2_rouge.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What are the odds that you get consecutive days of Fleury shutout -> Fleury shutout -> Bryzgalov shutout?

In the playoffs?

I'm pretty sure the bookies in Vegas don't even dream up shit like this. "nawww too unrealistic"

Team didn't show up for the first road game again.

Whatever.

Sharp needs to get less ice time and benching Leddy instead of Roszival for Brookbank was fucking stupid.

Kane is a lazy asshole too. Nice backchecking on the first goal.

Trey

Good job Habs, but can't help but feel like the Bruins should really lead this series 3-0 if they had better finishers on offense. Guys like Soderberg, Marchand and Lucic are just offensive black holes; they can't put a puck in the net to save their lives...

So the Bruins would have won the games they lost if they were simply a better team?

You don't say.

Mentok

Banned
Great win for the Habs tonight! The refs really put the whistles away all game, which led to a lot of shady plays, but playoffs blah blah.
Hopefully they can go up 3-1 in the series. You gotta believe if they can get by Boston, they'll have a good shot of making the cup finals.

Nope. Still on the fence. There's a sale on them, but I don't know.

Figured I'd see what you think about it if you got one.

Well, all I will say is that I still own a number of books that I have not read yet. And that probably would have only increased with the purchase of one of them.

I was going to say I would read more instead of looking at my phone, but I usually carry around a book in my backpack. If I had disposable income at the moment and it wasn't terribly expensive at the time, I would consider buying one.

Sanjuro

Sanjuro told me that Rask doesn't have a problem with Montreal though! He's now 4-11-4 against them, and has been completely outplayed by Price this series and that's why it's 2-1. He simply doesn't play as well against Montreal. This is the first game that Montreal outplayed Boston as a whole, glad to see them hold that lead and destroy that narrative.

...you are still using win/loss statistics, which are incredibly hilarious. It's a ESPN statistic. Price is playing out of his mind good, which hasn't been a characteristic of his until now.

Again, your just trolling as usual.

zroid

Banned
Was this Wild/Hawks games the one with the fewest total SOGs in the 'yoffs so far? Neither team got 20, that's shocking.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I stand by my earlier sentiment: I am ok with potentially being swept by the Kings because the real victory of this playoff season was that the Ducks literally ruined kingslunk's life somehow.

Tabris

Bryz has a shutdown in the 2nd round of the playoffs against one of the best offences in the league. And he had to earn the starting position. Gotta give him a bit of respect.

Solo

Just got home from Montreal. That. Was. SICK. I got to see a playoff game where

- Vanek had that gorgeous slap pass to Pleky for a goal
- Subban took the fucking roof off the building with that goal (deafening holy fuck)
- Weise looked like Gretzky
- Large Eller had 2 points
- Habs beat the Bruins

Yup, I'm a pretty fucking happy camper. Also, met and got a pic taken with Dreger of all people :lol

OLE OLE OLE OLE!!!!

MacAttack

Worst game of the post-season for the Bruins, hope they can put it behind them and bury some of their chances in game 4 and come back to Boston tied.

Top Bottom