• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"2014 will mark a renaissance for Sonic the Hedgehog"

Status
Not open for further replies.

knitoe

I expect Sonic to run even faster, and instead of having to move Sonic left or right every few sec, you can just leave the stick forward, because that's the problem all along, Sonic runs too slow...

Phediuk

Sega has said that every Sonic game from the last decade was going to be the rebirth of Sonic.

People have short memories.

Renaissance...Sonic...SA2 enjoyable...

Mq1wt2w.gif

HUELEN10

People hoping for anything other than a direct tie-in game to the show are going to be disappointed. I'm pretty sure what they're going to reveal at this thing is that they're pushing the big red "REBOOT" button, and that the show and game are both a part of it.
Question is why and why now? Sonic seems to be fine design-wise and shit, so why the radical possible re-designs? Furthermore, why now? Wouldn't 2 years ago have made a hell of a lot more sense? Heck, they could have stuck in their thumb and pulled out a plum from that skylanders pie!
where is big the cat

Behind Blaze. I swear if there is a reboot and Big makes the cut but Blaze doesn't...

I don't even wanna think about it.

Sonic Adventure is a great game you fuckers

I don't give a shit about any before or after, but I will always remember the magic of SA1 on the Dreamcast

Question is why and why now? Sonic seems to be fine design-wise and shit, so why the radical possible re-designs? Furthermore, why now? Wouldn't 2 years ago have made a hell of a lot more sense? Heck, they could have stuck in their thumb and pulled out a plum from that skylanders pie!

Behind Blaze. I swear if there is a reboot and Big makes the cut but Blaze doesn't...

I don't even wanna think about it.

I literally just shivered, Blaze is like one of the best Sonic characters they've made in years, I really hope this isn't some kinda reboot, especially with those designs.

Cody_D165

Banned
Kinda afraid of what might happen here.

Oh who the fuck am I kidding, they could make him into a flamingo for all I care and I'll just go play these like I always do.

GWisz9L.jpg
vR14Ogh.jpg
4BuZlga.jpg
MjKsnco.jpg

I actually do hope for a gameplay reboot. It worked in Mario 64 for Mario.
...and Sonic, with Unleashed (day), Colors and Generations (modern).

Just...after reading the details about the show...

Tails plays the Bagpipes......TT______TT WHY!??!
You're reading the "Tails is Scottish" rumor? That's from 4chan. Ian Flynn, the guy who writes the Archie comics, dismissed it as totally false.

Sega doubling down on dat Sonic Cycle.
Come up with better jokes, please. The "Cycle" is tired as hell. Hell, it was made around when Unleashed came out, featuring almost none of what the Cycle claims (no, the werehog, shitty though it is, is not a "shitty friend"), rendering it obsolete the instant it hit the 'net - yet people who can't come up with anything better will parrot it incessantly anyway. Don't be one of those people; you can do better. There's no dearth of actual, legitimate criticisms that can be made, I assure you.

So, by "renaissance" do they mean the games bounce back to being average like they were in Sonic's "glory" days?
You're not seriously implying the Genesis games weren't good, are you?

Phreak47

Sonic and gang find out Robotnik has taken over Balco... Knuckles had been abducted and given a new super-steroid.... his loyalties perhaps in question.

Trying to make this work guys.

Incidentally, while I expect there is definitely the possibility of game announcements here, I think the focus of whatever comes out of tomorrow will be on the cartoon that image was made to promote. It's not a cartoon I have very high hopes for, admittedly, but I'm still interested to see what they intend.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
If it's a reboot, then make it a clean slate - introduce only the core cast of characters and, once they are introduced and grounded into this new version, then make some new well thought out characters or redo the old, more popular ones but integrate them slowly.

However, that likely won't happen and, instead, we will likely get this:

Insert Chao Garden begging that Professor Beef can get angry at.

Multiplatform SA2:B Chao system port with graphical overhaul and online networking at the least, SEGA
You'll get a Chao Garden, and the only music allowed will be this.
Sonic Adventure is a great game you fuckers

I don't give a shit about any before or after, but I will always remember the magic of SA1 on the Dreamcast

SA1 is an awful, awful game.

TheOGB

Banned
I enjoy SA1 but I also recognize that it's janky. SA2, while also enjoyable at times, is pretty ass.
Jank > Ass

I don't give a damn about the image. Give me the game.
But we got Adventure 3 and Adventure 4 already.

Or have you heard that one already?

Zalman

Not really interested in the show, but I'm curious to see the next game and what direction they take with it.

TreIII

The Skylander-esque rumors is what I've heard before. I won't be surprised if they go there, but I really hope they don't.

Takao

Banned

Isn't the current Sonic look simply a revision of the Adventure redesign? That was a long time ago and they may have felt that a fresh approach was needed. If they're looking at coordinating the Sonic "renaissance" with a TV show and other related goods, it's probably been in the pipeline for a few years.

UberTag

The Skylander-esque rumors is what I've heard before. I won't be surprised if they go there, but I really hope they don't.
This could be Sega's way of trying to subvert the Sonic cycle.

The unveil of a new game usually paves the way for hope and optimism before the harsh reality of the game's release leaves everyone disappointed and unfulfilled.

This time around they'll debut a game with hideous character designs and an unpopular collectible toy figure gimmick so we'll be so pessimistic and upset and the result will be that the game will wind up being awesome and revolutionary when it comes out.

Mesoian

Nothing says "Sonic the Hedgehog" like "Cocktails served".

Real talk, I went to a Sega event at Comic-con and they were serving Sonic The Hedgehog themed cocktails, one of which was chili-dog infused vodka, with a chili pepper rim, and a hotdog chunk floating in it.

BP3rkxWCMAABljf.jpg

Worst drink in my entire life. It's like Sega is trying to bury this franchise in any way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom