• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-16 TV Cancellations: The Beast, having been fed, asks waiter for his bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackattk

Heh, after the UK version just ended too. I wonder if Carradine recovered from that car accident that happened earlier this year.

I will say, I sort of changed my opinion of the show after Dan Harmon talked to Curtis about the show on his podcast.

Aww, hopefully it's not another nightmare show like Helix!

Do you know which podcast/episode number this is? would like to listen to it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Dude reading the season 1 thread as I watch the show, cracks me up everytime there was a new episode and someone said "Ratsky top 10 show of 2014 has a new episode tonight" :p

Pachimari

I have never watched so much TV as I do now. It all began last year, and before that, I had only seen The Vampire Diaries. Now I'm going through Gotham before S2 airs, and have to finish Constantine as well, so that I am ready for Arrow. Also going through Humans and Penny Dreadful. The latter really impresses me, I hope they are keeping the quality up in S2 and the upcoming S3.

beat

Eliza Coupe's gonna be on the Mindy Project.

They couldn't have done this while Adam Pally was still on though? =(

Sorry for a slight offtopic but it looks like tvrage.com got cancelled. :( I really liked this page, especially browsing for new shows and their cast.

Huge bummer.
:/

What would be a good alternative for show tracking? I love TVRage because it allows me to select the shows which I can "favorite" and then only see those in the calendar.

xrnzaaas

Huge bummer.

What would be a good alternative for show tracking? I love TVRage because it allows me to select the shows which I can "favorite" and then only see those in the calendar.

Well I'm always using next-episode.net for tracking shows. They were basing their data on tvrage and from what I've read they've now switched to thetvdb.

Huge bummer.

Trakt has a personalised calendar that shows only the shows you follow, that might be a solution?

If you are talking about having only a certain segment of the shows you watch show up on your calendar you are able to hide the ones you don't want to show.

You can then go into the setting to unhide them if you ever want to.

Seeing Hannibal's name there makes me so sad. Best show on TV in years (probably one of the greatest ever IMO) and we won't get any more episodes... :(

Pachimari

I'm still confused at why Hannibal got cancelled? Not enough viewers?
I were really of the impression, that Hannibal were one of the most popular current shows.

I have never watched so much TV as I do now. It all began last year, and before that, I had only seen The Vampire Diaries. Now I'm going through Gotham before S2 airs, and have to finish Constantine as well, so that I am ready for Arrow. Also going through Humans and Penny Dreadful. The latter really impresses me, I hope they are keeping the quality up in S2 and the upcoming S3.

I'd say season 2 of Penny Dreadful is much better than the first. I really liked it. Eva Green just kills it (like everything she's ever been in). I don't understand why she isn't a bigger star to be honest.

I haven't really been burned too badly in the last few years. I remember thinking Revolution could be something special but after it got better (a lot better) it started to get bad again. It's like Agents of Shield. But AoS is way better and that's saying something.

I do wish Gracepoint didn't get cancelled I really loved that show. Almost Human had potential.

Is there a list of new shows making their fall debut with a synopsis and pictures?

Also for 1 second I thought Firefly got renewed you bastards...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I do wish Gracepoint didn't get cancelled I really loved that show. Almost Human had potential.

Lucky for you, Gracepoint was the American adaptation of a UK show called Broadchurch. And Broadchurch is getting a second season. You'll be able to slip into it pretty easily, they used the same male lead in both versions. Although I think there are some story differences, so you might want to take a peek at Broadchurch on Netflix. Fair warning, you will get deja vu a lot.

Lucky for you, Gracepoint was the American adaptation of a UK show called Broadchurch. And Broadchurch is getting a second season. You'll be able to slip into it pretty easily, they used the same male lead in both versions. Although I think there are some story differences, so you might want to take a peek at Broadchurch on Netflix. Fair warning, you will get deja vu a lot.

Yeah I've been wondering if I'll be able to enjoy it though since I know so much.

Well I'm always using next-episode.net for tracking shows. They were basing their data on tvrage and from what I've read they've now switched to thetvdb.

Trakt has a personalised calendar that shows only the shows you follow, that might be a solution?

If you are talking about having only a certain segment of the shows you watch show up on your calendar you are able to hide the ones you don't want to show.

You can then go into the setting to unhide them if you ever want to.

I've mentioned it before but I find this app very useful to keep track of shows.
Thanks everyone!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Followmy.tv

I'm still confused at why Hannibal got cancelled? Not enough viewers?
I were really of the impression, that Hannibal were one of the most popular current shows.

On the internet? Maybe. In terms of ratings? Not by a long shot.

This thread is pretty good. OP is too beautiful for TV, just wanted to add that detail for no reason.

Too beautiful for TV, too ugly for the CW.

ivysaur12

Banned

And The Carmichael Show gets renewed, which is a pleasant surprise. Good show. Heard Mr. Robinson had a lot of problems behind the scenes and the showrunners were a bit of a nightmare. Also, it wasn't a very good show, and even NBC-owned, I'm assuming the better critical response was enough to put Carmichael over Robinson, given that their ratings were basically the same.

NOOOOOOOOOO. IVYSAUR COME HOME. ;_;

sup.

anaron

I'm getting really excited for Crazy Ex Girlfriend. I've been hopeful since the beginning but the buzz has been great

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Feel bad for the crew of mr. Robinson, have a couple friends on production, and a lot of them are the "leftovers" from "the office" crew, too.

beat

I've pretty much given up on most shows I like ever sticking around long since NBC cancelled "Journeyman".. sigh.

That was seven years ago! Community came after Journeyman and went for six seasons, albeit mostly because NBC's comedy development was horrendous that whole time and granted, the last was on Yahoo Screen. Hannibal lasted for three, Parks and Rec did seven (counting a very short first season)...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And The Carmichael Show gets renewed, which is a pleasant surprise. Good show. Heard Mr. Robinson had a lot of problems behind the scenes and the showrunners were a bit of a nightmare. Also, it wasn't a very good show, and even NBC-owned, I'm assuming the better critical response was enough to put Carmichael over Robinson, given that their ratings were basically the same.
They definitely made the right choice. Not that the Carmichael Show is great, because it really feels like a "comedian's sitcom", but it's an interesting alternative to Blackish at least.

darknemus

That was seven years ago! Community came after Journeyman and went for six seasons, albeit mostly because NBC's comedy development was horrendous that whole time and granted, the last was on Yahoo Screen. Hannibal lasted for three, Parks and Rec did seven (counting a very short first season)...

Oh I know - but it still hurts. The thing about Hannibal is.. while it was a good show.. it was based on an existing property - so it had a bit more of a potential built in fanbase. Good time travel shows are HARD to pull off - and I felt Journeyman did it really well. They had a lot of avenues to explore and (from what had been done so far) they had done it well up to the point of cancellation.

Another one I'm a bit bitter about is Jericho - but I do understand that these are niche shows that didn't draw the audiences they needed for successful runs.

Sci-Fi (and in a way, I consider Jericho sci-fi - although it could also be an alternative history / universe type of show) is just a hard genre to get the viewing public to connect with, unfortunately.

You take a show like Scandal or Grey's Anatomy or Modern Family or Big Bang Theory and they'll run for YEARS even though I don't find them particularly great (ok, Modern Family does have some good writing). I openly acknowledge my TV viewing tastes probably skew a bit 'off' from your average Nielsen family, though.

What's the word on Defiance? Such a good show deserves more air time!

the last time it was renewed past the time to say so. I imagine they're going to wait a long time with this season as well, in particular because it seems to be quite clearly set up as a series finale, or perhaps a soft reboot with a time jump.
Honestly, if it's going to be cancelled, it will have ended on a high note. I also don't see how they could continue with a satisfying plot at this point either. Unless it's a time-jump with older
Luke
or something, the available material has been mined to depletion.

Munin

Was 24 Live Another Day any good? I stopped around 3 episodes in last year, wonder if it's worth watching the rest.

Penguin

Was 24 Live Another Day any good? I stopped around 3 episodes in last year, wonder if it's worth watching the rest.

It was

Was a nice change for the series since mostly focused on a single plot instead of a ton of subplots and then 2nd or even 3rd level plots

Guess this would go here

BOOM!

CBS boss Nina Tassler, the longest-serving network chief, is stepping down at the end of year. Glenn Geller replaces her.

https://twitter.com/TVMoJoe/status/643824141036982272

anaron

LOL

UbzhHM9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom