• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"2015 is a HUGE year for Rare", says Robin Beanland

Salty Hippo

Apr 26, 2014
Brazil

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Feb 10, 2011
I would love to see a current gen banjo looking amazing on XBO.

I would love a whole lot more to see a Perfect Dark 64 sequel with the same tone as the original.

Prine

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
Banjo, Conker or new IP?? Rare guys have been buzzing for the past few months. I can feel the 'its happening' :)

hastethedav

Apr 12, 2012
I don't associate Rare with quality these days. But I won't discount them and I hope they can blow us away.

Gimme some Banjo. And hopefully Sony counters with crash :D

Diprosalic

Banned
May 27, 2010
People care about Rare IPs not Rare the developer.
a Rare IP developed by Rare in 2015 means nothing to me.

The Elite

BOSS
Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
Sadly, I'm not interested in Banjo. Maybe a new Conker game.

I really want them to go back to the drawing board and get Perfect Dark right again.

May 8, 2012
Rare has to be the one game developer that has fallen the furthest. Once they could take on any genre and perfect it -- platformers, kart racers, fighting games; hell, they even went ahead and redefined shooters for consoles. 1997 was a huge year for Rare. This won't be, of that I'm sure.

Sorry Rare :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jul 31, 2007
Music notes. Come on, Banjo. Please.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Feb 10, 2011
Rare has to be the one game developer that has fallen the furthest. Once they could take on any genre and perfect it -- platformers, kart racers, fighting games; hell, they even went ahead and redefined shooters for consoles. 1997 was a huge year for Rare. This won't be, of that I'm sure.

Sorry Rare :(

This is true sadly.

Still. Part of me wants to see them return to greatness. Even if it's a fresh crew, seeing the name associated with great games again would be great.

Leflus

Jun 4, 2011
Rare is turning 30 years old this year.

It makes sense that they want to try to bring Rare back in a big way.

Here's hoping for an anniversary collection in addition to their new game(s).