• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Juventus vs Real Madrid

Pachimari

And also to all of you fucking Messi prayers. Disgusting discussing this in here.

Ronaldo is the best player of our generation.

Zidane is the best coach since Vicente del Bosque in Madrid.

How people can still argue this after the Euro and the league championship and the two CL trophies is beyond me. Ronaldo could win the World Cup next year against Messi himself and people like you would talk about how Messi scores more goals or something.

Ronaldo fell down like a lil bitch in the final during the Euro, he didn't do fuck all. Ronaldo is good, of course he is and I respect him for paying his taxes. Dude can't hold a candle to Messi though with the ball.

ronaldo-injury-portugal.gif

Ronaldo is great, Messi is great. It's an honor to have the ability to watch these 2 freaks of natures play like. Don't need to compare everyone.

I'll never not cringe at the sight of a grown man kissing his son/daughter on the lips like Ramos just did with his little kid. I know I know, different cultures and shit but wow I can't.

I think you ignore that fact that he did this in his first and a half season as principal coach of a serious team.

That's why I said he could be, Pep got the Treble his first season and I don't know a lot about Man U history but that Sir Alex guy did some things too.

Also I feel for Cuadrado he put a had out and apologized for tapping Ramos before he flopped.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
its almost like it takes 11 men to win
or its almost like portugal won the title with ronaldo not playing in the final

Or it's almost like you haven't watched Real playing this last half of the season. Ronaldo scored some amazing goals in times when Real was really playing poorly, including the first half of this game. This year he really carried the team during some very important moments.

The only reasons why someone would say that CR is better than Messi:

1. they are Real Madrid fans
2. they are from Portugal
3. they are ManU fans (I don't know why, it's not like CR is winning titles because this shitty team)
4. they are new to football

Uzzy

First half was a really good final, close and competitive between two great sides. Second half felt like a preseason friendly with Real Madrid playing some jobbers. Depressing end really, though of course Real deserved it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why is Gary Linekar talking over this? It's odd enough that it's freely available to watch (on virgin cable here) but even odder to hear the Match of the Day team doing analysis..

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
600 career goals. Champions league all time best scorer. Most goals in champions league finals. Only player to score a goal in 3 finals. Only player to score two goals in a final since 1958.

Go home you're drunk.

Eh Messi is still the better player overall....Goals arent everything.

Both are arguably among the best players ever and are the best in there specific field.

Lkr

Ronaldo scored 2 goals in this match alone. Your narrative of Ronaldo not showing up is outdated.
Ok? What narrative?
He didn't play in the European Final. That's not made up it's a fact. Some of you guys get so worked up over nothing. He was injured it's no disrespect to him.

MoodyFog

Ronaldo fell down like a lil bitch in the final during the Euro, he didn't do fuck all. Ronaldo is good, of course he is and I respect him for paying his taxes. Dude can't hold a candle to Messi though with the ball.

ronaldo-injury-portugal.gif

Crazy that people with functioning eyes can think this tbh.

3. they are ManU fans (I don't know why, it's not like CR is winning titles because this shitty team)

Spot on.

Crazy that people with functioning eyes can think this tbh.

He was broken up and it was sad to see, I just have issue with him getting a lot of credit for the Euro final.

Crying like a bitch is a shitty thing to say Ronaldo is a good dude, I'm upset with Messi and Neymar for their tax evasion bullshit.

clemenx

Banned
Messi is great but for some reason thanks to him Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol are so fucking underrated. Those 3 were in the same tier in the best Barca years.

Ronaldo has never played with anyone as good as those 3.

MrS

Banned
Ok? What narrative?
He didn't play in the European Final. That's not made up it's a fact. Some of you guys get so worked up over nothing. He was injured it's no disrespect to him.
He did play and was subbed during the match due to injury. What are you talking about. You clearly didn't even watch it.

Cappa

Banned
Eh Messi is still the better player overall....Goals arent everything.

Both are arguably among the best players ever and are the best in there specific field.
Goals in important matches are absolutely everything

Messi dissappears when it matters most

Sane_Man

600 career goals. Champions league all time best scorer. Most goals in champions league finals. Only player to score a goal in 3 finals. Only player to score two goals in a final since 1958.

Go home you're drunk.

Try and convince yourself all you want but Messi will always be regarded by most as the best ever. Plus you're a Madrid fan. I have no horse in the race. I'm neutral and can see how much more Messi offers all around.

You're also a Mei main so your opinion is invalidated.

RocknRola

What a load of BS. Not even gonna get into this debate, I enjoy them both, they're fantastic players, but people who answer with this load of crap (FOR EITHER SIDE) are the worst of the bunch as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom