• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP)

Zolbrod

Wii_U_screenshot_TV_0131_D.jpg

I'm liking the game so far, but man, the pandering/fan service is beyond belief...
Don't go in expecting the darker and moodier themes of the SMT series, or even Fire Emblem (so far at least).

Timu

driveclub looks good but photomode definitely pretties it up a bit.
Most people use photomode for that game, and while I don't have a problem with it, I wish for more actual gameplay shots as that's what the game will look like during motion, not photomode which I heard adds some things to make it look better.

And yes, Drive Club is still one of the best looking games out there with or without photomode.

Caayn

fft0caayn325sf1.png

These are technically screens from a videogame, but boy howdy, we are getting further and further from the intent of the thread.
Its an uphill battle that you're never going to win. Everyone, now, has their own idea of what's impressive. For me a decent gameplay shot is a lot more impressive and enjoyable than a superb photomode shot. I feel that the vast majority of this thread now feels otherwise, sadly.

The contrast between the original (PS4, WiiU, XB1) version of this thread and how it currently looks is vast.

xrnzaaas

I don't think the only reason for DriveClub getting mostly photomode screenshots is because they look better. It's just hard to concentrate on driving and finding good spots for taking screenshots and with the Bikes expansion it's even crazier, because you have to be 100% focused especially when using the helmet camera. :)

Anyway I love this Merc which was added recently. DriveClub needs more large grand tourers. :)

driveclub_201601122127tsw0.png

driveclub_201601122129ksed.png

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
2usv9qu.jpg

Super Toy Cars PS4 - This is a terrible kart racer. The premise is stale and the execution is worse. Slow movement with bad controls. Poorly runs on PS4. Some of the worst music ever in a video game. Nope.

Gameplay with commentary

p17UhMd.jpg

Blaze Rush PS4 - This is a simple game reminiscent of R.C. Pro-Am but all the racers will always be on screen at once. Not all of the modes work like time trials and generic racing but the elimination and king of the kill modes are a blast. This game would be a lot of fun with couch co-op as it is mostly about knocking out your fellow players. Controls are simple with no acceleration button. Just point in the correct direction with the analog stick and press a button to boost or fire a weapon. Get it.

Gameplay with commentary

m6s0iLo.jpg

Dogchild PS4 - Instead of Dogchild, Sony should have called it Dogturd. This is going to be hard to beat for worst game of 2016. Supposedly a 3D parkour stealth game but fails at every level. The game runs poorly and the horrible graphics run at an uneven framerate that is noticeable and nausea inducing. It hard to figure it which controls worse when you are the douchey dude or the hilariously bad looking dog. The only entertainment could be from streamers making fun of this piece of crap. Sony WTF?

Gameplay video with commentary
You really shouldn't be using the screenshot thread as a means to advertise your videos.

Most people use photomode for that game, and while I don't have a problem with it, I wish for more actual gameplay shots as that's what the game will look like during motion, not photomode which I heard adds some things to make it look better.

+1

Caayn

And yes, Drive Club is still one of the best looking games out there with or without photomode.
Photomode in DC, much like photomode in other racers (Forza for example):
- Supersamples the image.
- Improves shadows (Soft shadows for example)
- Switches LOD models to LOD0 for cars at least (I'm unsure about the other objects.)
- Improves reflection quality, could also be a side effect of the image being supersampled.

Photomode in DC, much like photomode in other racers (Forza for example):
- Supersamples the image.
- Improves shadows (Soft shadows for example)
- Switches LOD models to LOD0 for cars at least (I'm unsure about the other objects.)
- Improves reflection quality, could also be a side effect of the image being supersampled.
Eh, I'm fairly certain Driveclub doesn't supersample. It improves AA, shadows, and LOD models though. I wish photomode had a toggle to turn off improvments.

]blacky[;192054446 said:
Is it possible to retrieve in Fallout 4?

Do you mean if Dogmeat can fetch items? You can order him to but in that case I gave him a teddy bear as junk earlier and from time to time he would randomly play with it :)

u1IqGZ.jpg

LzuZCP.jpg

And quickly replying to last year's thread

Dude your TLOU shots are astonishing. These 1 2 3 are probably my favorite posts in this thread. There's a certain exquisite style to them, and I love it.

Thanks! Photomode is my favorite thing this gen and seeing that I'm building any sort of craft or style with it makes me appreciate it more!

VanWinkle

Agreed. Love photo mode, but we could do with a LOT more gameplay screens.

Not to mention they aren't even full screen.

This should be part of the rules IMO.

Didn't think it would be an issue until those posts came up. I'll add "images must be in 1080p resolution on Xbox One and PS4, and 720p or 1080p on Wii U."

WOW that is some nice motion blur.

Venture

24002959929_791c636351_o.png

24262569462_10f408b908_o.png

I'd love to get some action shots, Fallout 4 has some really nice looking explosions and effects. I haven't been able to grab anything worth posting though.

I love this thread but dear god.. I think I've just seen about enough of DriveClub and the same old games. Wish there was more variety.

Top Bottom