• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP)

Elitist1945

DmPvkcu.jpg

uBcmRPU.jpg

nOoblet16

It's 900p, but with some magic sprinkles to make it 900p (or 1080p in the PS4's case.)

Pure graphical prowess isn't the game's strong suite. Tactical gameplay by being able to chip away at walls/ceilings/floors for example is the game's strong suite.

It's more or less 1080P (900P for Xbox) quality wise. MSAA reconstruction basically means it uses the samples generated by MSAA to reconstruct the image. 2*MSAA means the game renders the opaque geometry edges at 2* the resolution and then downsamples it to minimise jaggies, since that's sort of how MSAA works (this is a slightly inaccurate description but I don't really have time to detail this right now). So at that resolution 2*MSAA brings the quality up to 1080P/900P if reconstructed.

You can check the quality of 1080P native without image reconstruction and by using 1080P with image reconstruction on PC and you'll see it's more or less indistinguishable.The only distinguishing feature is that the reconstructed image is slightly less temporally stable and causes minor artifacts when moving, but when used in tandem with the post process AA it makes it extremely stable...at the cost of image sharpness. Native 1080P with that post process AA is almost 1:1 similar to reconstructed 1080P with post process AA when compared side by side.

That is where the game gets its blurriness from...not the MSAA reconstruction.

Edit: Nevermind. Uploading to twitter resizes the image. How do you take screenshots 1080p native on PS4? Like, how do retain that native resolution? Damn, I really wanted to share these images but it's in 576p.

melchior_

Edit: Nevermind. Uploading to twitter resizes the image. How do you take screenshots 1080p native on PS4? Like, how do retain that native resolution? Damn, I really wanted to share these images but it's in 576p.

I believe most folk round here transfer the pics to a usb flash drive to keep the shots uncompressed.

24227384602_d202cce08a_o.png

24227373332_9c656b82dc_o.png

xrnzaaas

The screenshots are in the original quality on your PS4's hdd, it's simply lost later in the process. The best way is to transfer the screenshots using an usb drive. If you don't have a PC you can try uploading to Facebook, but expect image compression along the way.

Sebmugi

Sympa les screens de DC en ingame mais tu peux viré le HUD pour n'avoir plus rien à l'écran.. ^^

Nice screens of the DC ingame but you can veered HUD to have nothing more on screen .. ^^

chadboban

Sympa les screens de DC en ingame mais tu peux viré le HUD pour n'avoir plus rien à l'écran.. ^^

Nice screens of the DC ingame but you can veered HUD to have nothing more on screen .. ^^

Yeah, I've actually been checking out some HUD-less Driveclub footage in this thread and man, that game really is something else. I hope you don't think I have anything against photomode. I fucking love the photomode shots in this thread. Yours are among the best I've ever seen.

Top Bottom