• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

ICanRuinYourDay

Neo Member
Crazy thing happened and not sure if the league manager will be stepping in, but someone dropped Le'Veon Bell and I picked him up. He was on waivers for about a day and nobody picked him up. Very surprised to see him there this morning.

So now my line-up is (starters underlined):
QB: Bortles, Taylor
RB: Bell, Hyde, M. Gordon, Langford
WR: Hopkins, Cooper, J. Gordon, Hurns
TE: Gronkowski, Seferian-Jenkins
D/ST: Raiders and Redskins
K: Boswell

Good line-up to start the season?

Okay guys I have rashad Jennings and have 2 offers for him. Stewart the RB on Carolina is the offer I'm questioning.

What do you guys think? I'm tight on runningbacks with Doug Martin and CJ Anderson as my other main 2.

Im scared about the giants not doing what they did at the end of last season and focusing on Jennings.

BradC00

Opinions? 10 team 1 PPR. 1QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/D/K

QBs: Big Ben, Dalton
RBs: Johnson, L. Murray, Charles, Gordon, Sims
WRs: Marshall, Allen, Maclin, Landry, White
TEs: Kelce, Witten
D: Eagles
K: Catanzano

Position limits so I couldn't really pick up another WR, or RB.

Opinions? 10 team 1 PPR. 1QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/D/K

QBs: Big Ben, Dalton
RBs: Johnson, L. Murray, Charles, Gordon, Sims
WRs: Marshall, Allen, Maclin, Landry, White
TEs: Kelce, Witten
D: Eagles
K: Catanzano

Position limits so I couldn't really pick up another WR, or RB.

I'm actually baffled on how you managed to get those RBs and WRs in a 10 man because this team looks like an 8 teamer lol.

BradC00

I'm actually baffled on how you managed to get those RBs and WRs in a 10 man because this team looks like an 8 teamer lol.

This is a friendly casual league I filled in for about 5 years ago when they were just starting out as an 8 man league, and have been playing in it ever since. Everyone but me is from Washington.

Some highlights of the draft:

Russell Wilson picked 7 overall.
Golden Tate picked in the 2nd round.
Jay Cutler and Doug Baldwin in the 3rd round.
Charles dropped to me in the 4th (Good value there boy!)
Tyler Lockett in the 4th.
Packers D in the 5th.

So a lot of homers. The Jay Cutler pick shocked me. The person who picked him was in the chat but had auto draft on so you know they set it up that way, ROFL.

Hazelhurst

10 team, standard, picked 9th, $100/team.

yahoo_fantasy.png

MBison

Someone dropped James White in my league. .5 ppr. I have depth at rb but we can play 3 so more the better. Would you burn a #1 waiver on him? I have Dion Lewis on the roster too on IR.

UberTag

Someone dropped James White in my league. .5 ppr. I have depth at rb but we can play 3 so more the better. Would you burn a #1 waiver on him? I have Dion Lewis on the roster too on IR.
He's essentially the handcuff to Dion... but, he's far less talented and, as always with the Patriots, you can expect inconsistent usage out of him due to Belichick's tendency for game-specific planning that varies from week-to-week.

As for whether it's worth burning a #1 waiver on him, I'd say it's impossible to honestly answer that question without knowing who else you have on your roster and whether that's a void you're in desperate need of filling or whether he'll simply be a plug-and-play guy compared to what you already have.

Hazelhurst

Wow, how did you manage to snag all those great WRs, a top QB, AND manage to get Lamar but still come back with a decent RB2 tandem in gordon and langford?

Jeez man, this team is baller.
Thanks, yeah Yahoo gave me a C on my draft. Go figure. I really hope Lamar has a great year in Houston.

Jordy slipped to the 4th round, as I I think a lot of the league were unsure of his health. He never slipped that low in any mock draft I've done the year. Luck lasted till 6th round. This was not the QB I had panned to get. However, I had to get both in those rounds due to the value.

DKehoe

Hey guys, I barely know anything about the NFL (I live in Scotland) but I'm interested in starting to follow it and an American friend invited to join a fantasy league with him and his friends. I know very little about the sport so did my draft by compiling various lists I saw on sports websites. If any of you could let me know what you think of my team I'd really appreciate it.

QB - E. Manning (NYG)
WR - O. Beckham Jr (NYG)
WR - M. Evans (TB)
RB - C. Anderson (Den)
RB - M. Gordon (SD)
TE - G. Barnidge (Cle)
WR - E. Decker (NYJ)
Defence: Patriots
Kicker - B Walsh (Min)

Bench:
WR - M Floyd (Ari)
RB - G. Bernard (Cin)
WR - K. White (Chi)
RB - I. Crowell (RB)
RB - T. Coleman (RB)
RB - T Riddick (Det)

As I said, I don't know a lot about this stuff so if there's any advice for things I should look out for or any general advice I'd be very grateful.

Tom Nook

12 team, Standard League, Non ppr

F Gore vs Det
OR
J Steward vs Den.

I'm leaning towards Gore. Not feeling it with Steward vs Den D this week.. plus "Thursday Games"

12 team, Standard League, Non ppr

F Gore vs Det
OR
J Steward vs Den.

I'm leaning towards Gore. Not feeling it with Steward vs Den D this week.. plus "Thursday Games"

Stewart all the way. Huge Colts fan but we have too many question marks on our offensive line right now for me to recommend Gore over anyone this early in the season, even if Stewart is going against a pretty solid Denver D.

Tom Nook

Hey guys, I barely know anything about the NFL (I live in Scotland) but I'm interested in starting to follow it and an American friend invited to join a fantasy league with him and his friends. I know very little about the sport so did my draft by compiling various lists I saw on sports websites. If any of you could let me know what you think of my team I'd really appreciate it.

QB - E. Manning (NYG)
WR - O. Beckham Jr (NYG)
WR - M. Evans (TB)
RB - C. Anderson (Den)
RB - M. Gordon (SD)
TE - G. Barnidge (Cle)
WR - E. Decker (NYJ)
Defence: Patriots
Kicker - B Walsh (Min)

Bench:
WR - M Floyd (Ari)
RB - G. Bernard (Cin)
WR - K. White (Chi)
RB - I. Crowell (RB)
RB - T. Coleman (RB)
RB - T Riddick (Det)

As I said, I don't know a lot about this stuff so if there's any advice for things I should look out for or that kind of thing I'd be very grateful.

Welcome to the NFL. :)

Solid team. I've bold the ones who I think will be your top players this season. Plus you got that ELI + OBJ (QB+WR1) combo I like.

fep

My team is terrible. I'm used to consistently placing top 3 in FF over the past five years in nearly all of my leagues. Last year and this year I've been trying to cut back due to other priorities, so I'm only in a league with friends and former co-workers that has always been very competitive.

Yahoo usually gives me a poor grade, got a B this year so I know I did bad. I never take a QB before like, RD 10, took Brees this year so I don't have to spend time picking which mediocre QB to start.

Got sniped by the guy ahead of me twice on big picks and twice in the later rounds or my team would be very different.

12 team PPR league
QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, Def, K

QB - Brees
WR - Hopkins, Nelson, Maclin (almost had Landry here), Funchess (meant to take Diggs)
RB - Shady, Mathews, D. Williams, Spencer Ware, Christine Michael, Shane Vereen
TE - Jared Cook, Jesse James
K - Justin Tucker
D - Eagles

Woodhead got sniped from me too and I lost out on Charles Sims and DGB in the late rounds.

I should win my first 3 games and then it all goes to hell, ha.

Don't sleep on Cook or James though, one of these guys is going to be a top 10 TE!

DKehoe

Welcome to the NFL. :)

Solid team. I've bold the ones who I think will be your top players this season. Plus you got that ELI + OBJ (QB+WR1) combo I like.

Thanks! I have a very basic understanding of the game but I'm looking forward to learning more. I watched the documentary series All or Nothing, which followed the Arizona Cardinals last season, and really enjoyed that.

When the draft happened I was mostly just pleased that I didn't fuck up and lose track of what was going on. Manning and OBJ were the two players I had heard of so I figured they would be important. Evans and Anderson were my #2 and #3 picks so I assumed they would be big players for me too. I was second in the draft so getting to pick one of the apparently elite players in OBJ was pretty cool. It actually hadn't occurred to me until after it had finished that he and Manning are on the same team. I was more or less just going with the best player available rather than having any sort of deeper strategy.

I have DeMarco Murray.

My friend has Derrick Henry. I want that handcuff.

He is proposing Powell (RB2) and Antonio Gates to him for Julius Thomas and Derrick Henry.

On paper it sounds pretty even, I just feel really good about Gates on my team and Thomas is suspect.

Thoughts?

GrapeApes

I have DeMarco Murray.

My friend has Derrick Henry. I want that handcuff.

He is proposing Powell (RB2) and Antonio Gates to him for Julius Thomas and Derrick Henry.

On paper it sounds pretty even, I just feel really good about Gates on my team and Thomas is suspect.

Thoughts?
What other backs do you have? If Powell is in your starting lineup your depth must be really weak. I can't imagine you're going be starting Murray and Henry weekly. Fair trade but I don't think you have the luxury to trade backs.

What other backs do you have? If Powell is in your starting lineup your depth must be really weak. I can't imagine you're going be starting Murray and Henry weekly. Fair trade but I don't think you have the luxury to trade backs.

He's not a starter.

It's a twelve man league so depth is definitely an issue though.

I didn't draft a RB until round five. I have Murray, Matt Jones, and Chris Ivory as my top three options.

Hazelhurst

I'm trying to get Rawls in my work league. I'm offering:

Latavius Murray
Spencer Ware

For

Thomas Rawls

What do you think? Is that enough for Rawls?

12-man league I got invited to by family. PPR league with snake draft. Did better than expected.

QB-Blake Bortles, Matt Ryan
RB-LeSean McCoy, Duke Johnson, Danny Woodhead, Rashad Jennings, Charles Sims
WR-Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Marvin Jones, Corey Coleman
TE-Greg Olsen, Dwayne Allen
K-Steven Hauschka
DST-New York Jets

Latavius Murray
Spencer Ware

For

Thomas Rawls

That's plenty, especially with that rotoworld report putting Rawls as maybe not starting Week 1. But the guy has to want that deal AND you have to specify what happens with the second slot (the guy has to drop someone!)

spyder_ur

Latavius Murray
Spencer Ware

For

Thomas Rawls

That is way too much for Rawls IMO. Only one of those guys is not healthy, and it's the one your trading for.

Ware has the potential to be a freaking monster until Charles gets back, and I'm not sure I would trade Murray for Rawls straight up. I'm not a huge Rawls guy though, so take it with a grain of salt.

How concerned should I be about the Ankle with Jones? Enough to take Beckham Jr over him in a PPR?

I'm not too concerned over Jones' ankle, but I think favoring Beckham in any format isn't unreasonable. It comes down to preference.

Spades

My QB's are Rivers and Dak.

Tempted to roll with Dak for Week 1, but I also have Woodhead and Gates in a PPR league. What do you guys think?

My QB's are Rivers and Dak.

Tempted to roll with Dak for Week 1, but I also have Woodhead and Gates in a PPR league. What do you guys think?

I love Rivers in general, he's just a passing yards monster. Unless his matchup is really awful there's just no reason not to roll him out. (And he has healthy receivers?!)

Drafting in less than 30 min, looking at the 9th pick, projected Gronk or Adrian Peterson. Assuming they're still there do I take Gronk or AP?

Help. In one of my leagues, I have Mariota as a backup to Brees. But the follow QBs are available:

Jameis
Stafford
Dax
Alex Smith
RG3

Would you grab one of these guys, or stick with Mariota now that he actually has some weapons around him?

Drafting in less than 30 min, looking at the 9th pick, projected Gronk or Adrian Peterson. Assuming they're still there do I take Gronk or AP?

Take AP, and see if you can get Reed or Olson later. Hell, you could probably wait until round 7 and take someone like Delanie Walker or Gary Barnidge.

AP, definitely. Gronk will have a good season, but if you grab AP you can get another RB or WR on the way back up the list and then get a decent TE later

Help. In one of my leagues, I have Mariota as a backup to Brees. But the follow QBs are available:

Jameis
Stafford
Dax
Alex Smith
RG3

Would you grab one of these guys, or stick with Mariota now that he actually has some weapons around him?

What kind of league are you in? If it's not a 2QB league, I wouldn't worry about it. You probably won't be playing matchups with Brees as your QB1, and you could even cut Mariota if you need room to stash someone else in the skill positions. Mariota is right in line with Stafford and Winston, so it's a toss up. Try seeing who has the best matchup for Bree's bye week.

Beach

Latavius Murray
Spencer Ware

For

Thomas Rawls

You're giving away two players that will outscore Rawls at least for the first quarter of the season each

Hazelhurst

That's plenty, especially with that rotoworld report putting Rawls as maybe not starting Week 1. But the guy has to want that deal AND you have to specify what happens with the second slot (the guy has to drop someone!)

That is way too much for Rawls IMO. Only one of those guys is not healthy, and it's the one your trading for.

Ware has the potential to be a freaking monster until Charles gets back, and I'm not sure I would trade Murray for Rawls straight up. I'm not a huge Rawls guy though, so take it with a grain of salt.

You're giving away two players that will outscore Rawls at least for the first quarter of the season each

Rawls almost won me a league last year. I think he's a very special player. Everyone else looks like slow motion around him.

I got turned down on my trade, believe it or not. Oh well. I was really trying to capitalize on Spencer Ware's insane value right now.

As I said, I don't know a lot about this stuff so if there's any advice for things I should look out for or any general advice I'd be very grateful.

Good luck to you and I hope through Fantasy Football you can earn a better understanding for American Football and maybe even enjoy watching it.

I don't have any advice at the moment but I just wanted to share this story with you. You know Daniel Radcliffe right? He's the dude who played Harry Potter and he's English obviously. He stayed in New York for a little while because he was acting in a play. He took an interest in football because the crew he worked with loved it. But it wasn't until he started playing fantasy football with the crew that his interest turned into love and then obsession. As for this year, I don't know if he was successful but I read that he wanted to draft Todd Gurley if he could. I did get Gurley so I hope my boy Harry was right about Gurley lol .

D23

Help picking my RB2 and Flex starter for this week

Rashad Jennings, Frank Gore, or Duke Johnson.

ZeroDivide

Unconfirmed Member
Hey FFGAF,
I got into this draft late and feel like its only a mid-pack team.
Standard scoring, 10 teams.
QB, RB,RB, WR,WR, WRT, WRT, TE, DEF

QB Andrew Luck IND 
RB Ezekiel Elliott DAL 
RB Doug Martin TB 
RB C.J. Anderson DEN 
RB Matt Forte NYJ 
RB Christine Michael SEA 
RB LeGarrette Blount NE 
RB James Starks GB 
WR Allen Robinson JAC 
WR John Brown ARI 
WR Devante Parker MIA 
WR Mohamed Sanu ATL 
WR Phillip Dorsett IND 
WR Chris Hogan NE 
TE Delanie Walker TEN 
K Stephen Gostkowski NE 
DST Seattle Seahawks SEA 

Should I start Blount over Anderson? My team is RB strong, WR weak. I'll trade/waiver scrubs for QB/K/DST when the time comes. I hope Elliot doesn't get suspended :( Any other advice on who to start? Thanks bros

ZeroDivide

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, how did you manage to snag all those great WRs, a top QB, AND manage to get Lamar but still come back with a decent RB2 tandem in gordon and langford?

Jeez man, this team is baller.

I was going to say the same thing, that's a really dope lineup. You should def be confident going into the start of the season.

UberTag

Just wrapped up my final draft of 2016... think I made out pretty good considering these are all deep leagues.

LEAGUE #1 (16-Team Standard; drafted 1st overall)

QB - Russell Wilson
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Jordan Matthews
WR - Steve Smith
RB - DeAngelo Williams
RB - Spencer Ware
TE - Antonio Gates
FLEX - Danny Woodhead
K - Matt Prater
DEF - Houston Texans
------------------------------------------
QB - Brock Osweiler
WR - Terrance Williams
WR - Dorial Green-Beckham
WR - Laquon Treadwell
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Devontae Booker

This team is a little thin for depth at receiver and running back but, for now, it's not too shabby. Should have no problem this weekend with both Williams and Ware getting loads of carries.

LEAGUE #2 (14-Team Standard, Return Yardage Bonus; drafted 1st overall)

QB - Derek Carr
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Jarvis Landry
RB - DeAngelo Williams
RB - Spencer Ware
TE - Travis Kelce
W/T - Tyler Lockett
FLEX - Tyler Boyd
K - Mason Crosby
DEF - Arizona Cardinals
QB - Andy Dalton
WR - Laquon Treadwell
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Devontae Booker
TE - Tyler Eifert

I just realized I went a little crazy drafting Tylers in this league. Both Landry and Lockett will benefit from the return yardage boost. I'm lean at QB and, like the other league, will run into issues at RB once DeAngelo isn't starting. Will obviously try and swing him over to the Bell owner for something of value. I also wouldn't mind it if CJ Anderson has another of his performance breakdowns.

LEAGUE #3 (14-Team 0.5 PPR, Return Yardage Bonus; drafted 10th overall)

QB - Eli Manning
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Marvin Jones
RB - Devonta Freeman
RB - Mark Ingram
TE - Greg Olsen
W/T - Tyler Lockett
K - Mason Crosby
DEF - Kansas City Chiefs
QB - Tyrod Taylor
WR - Corey Coleman
WR - Kenny Stills
RB - Theo Riddick
RB - Tevin Coleman

I LOVE how this roster came together. The earlier two drafts I was somewhat boxed in from drafting 1st overall, waiting a ton of time between picks, having to snap up the value of Charles in the 3rd round only to then have to leverage his absence from my lineup with some pre-emptive grabs of DeAngelo and Ware - which made it difficult to shore up long-term depth with potential to catch fire.

This roster, by contrast, was built comfortably thanks in large part to shoring up my starting RB tandem early and being able to really diversify to shore up strength at every position while not neglecting depth. I ended up going with best player available almost the entire way and it made for a relatively stress-free drafting experience. Coleman benefits from the return yardage boost as well so that's another plus in his column.

10 team PPR, 2nd pick

wJ5azaY.png

Running backs are a little thin. Should I dump Ebron or McKinnon for Forsett? He's still available on waivers. There's slim pickins left :(

BradC00

10 team PPR, 2nd pick

wwazfs08v

Running backs are a little thin. Should I dump Ebron or McKinnon for Forsett? He's still available on waivers. There's slim pickins left :(

He should be the #1 or #2 there. Morris is still available on my waiver wire, he's another option, though he's not great for PPR.

Hazelhurst

Hey FFGAF,
I got into this draft late and feel like its only a mid-pack team.
Standard scoring, 10 teams.
QB, RB,RB, WR,WR, WRT, WRT, TE, DEF

QB Andrew Luck IND 
RB Ezekiel Elliott DAL 
RB Doug Martin TB 
RB C.J. Anderson DEN 
RB Matt Forte NYJ 
RB Christine Michael SEA 
RB LeGarrette Blount NE 
RB James Starks GB 
WR Allen Robinson JAC 
WR John Brown ARI 
WR Devante Parker MIA 
WR Mohamed Sanu ATL 
WR Phillip Dorsett IND 
WR Chris Hogan NE 
TE Delanie Walker TEN 
K Stephen Gostkowski NE 
DST Seattle Seahawks SEA 

Should I start Blount over Anderson? My team is RB strong, WR weak. I'll trade/waiver scrubs for QB/K/DST when the time comes. I hope Elliot doesn't get suspended :( Any other advice on who to start? Thanks bros

Looks like a solid team. I'd go CJ Anderson over Blount. Also, see if you can pick up CJ's handcuff, Devontae Booker. He might just be sitting on the waiver wire. He could be really valuable this year, especially if CJ struggles or gets hurt.

Devante Parker may be a bust. He's constantly injured. When healthy, the guy is really good though. Dorsett should hopefully have a great year with a healthy Luck and no Andre Johnson.

Does no one remember how good Rawls was last year? Christine Michael has barely done anything in the league. Rawls beat him out as the back up to Lynch last preseason and got traded away. Rawls might be slightly limited in the first game but he's shown he can be a great high volume runner.

UberTag

QBs don't carry teams unless they're 2013 Peyton Manning.
2014 Andrew Luck pretended to carry my team and then promptly shit the bed in the Week 16 Championship game by getting negative points when he decided to curl up into a fetal position and die against the Cowboys. What a bitch move.

Top Bottom