• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016+ Gaming Laptop Thread: Embracing Pascal's Wafer (Please Read OP)

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Far from perfect, much better than ASUS though.

What exactly is going on with MSI warranty, where you are. Where are you, btw?

I live in Spain and MSI contracts out the warranty and repair services to a third party. This third party is more interested in its own bottom line than MSI's reputation.

To MSI's credit if you are loud enough in forums where they have reps they will intervene...

It's like Nikon, great products but their warranty and repair services are contracted out to thieves.

NEO0MJ

There's no more M series of GPUs for laptop AFAIK.

I see. Considering that it seems the 1060 only fits large laptops I thought we were getting a smaller series eventually. So what should one look for when searching for a a mid sized laptop with a good GPU?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Nope, laptop doesn't even have an optical drive

This should help. There's an option for a USB drive.

I see. Considering that it seems the 1060 only fits large laptops I thought we were getting a smaller series eventually. So what should one look for when searching for a a mid sized laptop with a good GPU?

What do you consider large? The 1060 is already in 14" laptops, as well as some of the thinnest 15" gaming machines like the MSI GS63.

So regarding the upcoming "The New Razer Blade (late 2016)?" (wtf is this naming...), how long will it take Razer to start selling it in the UK if ever? I'm not familiar with how they did it with previous models.

K.Jack

So regarding the upcoming "The New Razer Blade (late 2016)?" (wtf is this naming...), how long will it take Razer to start selling it in the UK if ever? I'm not familiar with how they did it with previous models.

No one knows.

MSI now has a GT62 laptop with a 1070 for $1699. Seems like a hell of a deal. I was kind of waiting to see the pricing for the new Alienware machines and Acer machines. Was kicking the idea of maybe going AORUS. I can get that MSI with the 1070 for $1665 from Gen Tech with the edu discount. Seems like it might be the best combo of price and features out there.

http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt62vr-dominator-pro-087.html

It really is a great deal. Kills any reason to buy one of the GE series, a they're $1599 with a 1060.

Anyone have any experience with this?

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/173...r4-128gb-m2-sata-ssdplus1tb-hdd-6gb-gtx-1060-

It only came out a couple of days ago here in the UK, not sure about the US. I've decided to get an upgraded one with 16GB, probably gonna get it within the next two weeks or so, but I'm just asking anyway out of curiosity. Hopefully nobody has any horror stories.

It's a good laptop.

Diomedes

TL:DR-
Looking for laptop that tapers like ASUS UX32VD

-Canada
-Simple tasks: browsing, music, office, etc
<= 1500$

Looking to replace my sister's ASUS UX32VD that died. She really loves the form factor that tapers all the way down to a very small angle at the base, and now can't seem to live without it. She claims it feels more portable/sleek than just another fat laptop and doesn't want to go that route.

I've looked at all of my usual PC/parts suppliers, they don't sell it anymore and the only thing I can find are the newer series UX ones like UX310A that don't taper like it. Google searches are not helpful as I can't put it into words that search engines can use to produce worthwhile results.

8hYNeexm.jpg
hnzejoOm.jpg

iaAg6w2m.jpg

shockdude

TL:DR-
Looking for laptop that tapers like ASUS UX32VD

-Canada
-Simple tasks: browsing, music, office, etc
<= 1500$

Looking to replace my sister's ASUS UX32VD that died. She really loves the form factor that tapers all the way down to a very small angle at the base, and now can't seem to live without it. She claims it feels more portable/sleek than just another fat laptop and doesn't want to go that route.

I've looked at all of my usual PC/parts suppliers, they don't sell it anymore and the only thing I can find are the newer series UX ones like UX310A that don't taper like it. Google searches are not helpful as I can't put it into words that search engines can use to produce worthwhile results.

8hYNeexm.jpg
hnzejoOm.jpg

iaAg6w2m.jpg
It's pretty clear from those images that even though it looks tapered from the side, it's still "fat" at the bottom. That's how most tapered laptops are, honestly.

The ASUS Zenbook 3 UX390 might fit the bill, but it doesn't seem to be out yet.
The Dell XPS 13's 9-15mm isn't tapered enough?
The HP Spectre 13t isn't tapered but is absurdly thin, 10.5mm all the way through.

Edit: The ASUS Zenbook UX306 is a model that's currently available.

I am also waiting to replace my extremely thin asus UX31A premium.

However, they should be having small updates to their lines (Kaby Lake), so I guess if waiting is a possibility that would be prudent.

EDIT : The asus zenbook 3 UX390 is an affront to mankind. It's a pretty good laptop. But it has 1 port total. That you use for power.

Lenovo Yoga 910 or new zenbooks is the way to go.

Need some help. Looking for a replacement machine I can order sometime this week. Current laptop unreliable and causing problems completing school work

Maximum budget: $1000

Max size: Prefer 17 inch but it's not of major importance

Planned usage: If I'm going to get a new machine, I'd like it to be able to run Dota 2 and Overwatch at 60 FPS. Also possible to handle PS2 emulation if possible

Anyone help me out? I'd take any suggestions but prefer Amazon as a vendor as I have a line of credit I can pay in installments with them.

abrack08

This is still today's default answer, at least until the GTX 1050 laptops are out. You can easily add a cheap HDD in the empty drive bay.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as the guy you quoted, need a computer for school/programming but I'd also like to be able to play a decent amount of games on it. I was hoping to be able to pick one up at Best Buy, but they don't have the exact model that you linked to on Amazon.

Is this (HP Omen 15-AX033DX) worth the price difference (on sale for $929.99)? Or how about this (Dell I7559-3137BLK)? Or do you recommend sticking with the Amazon one you linked to?

Then there's this one (Dell I7559-12623BLK) which Best Buy DOES have, it seems almost the same as the one you linked except a 1TB Hybrid with 8GB flash (am I missing any other differences?).

EDIT: I could be talked into going around $1,200 if there's something significantly better in that range as well.

anddo0

Oh shit, the Sager with the 1080s in sli got a huge pricedrop. I just might hold off a bit more on getting the single card one for the sli version.

Still very pricey.. . $200 off their single 1080 is a bigger deal IMO.. From $2695 to $2279, put's it in the range of a lot of people. I bought my 1070 at $2000 even. I would've strongly considered a 1080 at just $279 more... At this price (single 1080) anyone considering the MSI Titan (1070, $2200 model) should give Sager a look.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
They also have a 15" 1060 model for as low as 1,229 and a 15" 1070 model for as low as 1,529.

Don't remember if that was original pricing.

K.Jack

Need some help. Looking for a replacement machine I can order sometime this week. Current laptop unreliable and causing problems completing school work

Maximum budget: $1000

Max size: Prefer 17 inch but it's not of major importance

Planned usage: If I'm going to get a new machine, I'd like it to be able to run Dota 2 and Overwatch at 60 FPS. Also possible to handle PS2 emulation if possible

Anyone help me out? I'd take any suggestions but prefer Amazon as a vendor as I have a line of credit I can pay in installments with them.

Could go with this.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as the guy you quoted, need a computer for school/programming but I'd also like to be able to play a decent amount of games on it. I was hoping to be able to pick one up at Best Buy, but they don't have the exact model that you linked to on Amazon.

Is this (HP Omen 15-AX033DX) worth the price difference (on sale for $929.99)? Or how about this (Dell I7559-3137BLK)? Or do you recommend sticking with the Amazon one you linked to?

Then there's this one (Dell I7559-12623BLK) which Best Buy DOES have, it seems almost the same as the one you linked except a 1TB Hybrid with 8GB flash (am I missing any other differences?).

EDIT: I could be talked into going around $1,200 if there's something significantly better in that range as well.

Looking at all of the ones you linked, the Amazon SKU seems like a better value. You can buy that then add a 1 TB hard drive, and still come out cheaper than those.

If you're spending ~$,1200, you buy this. The 1060 is about 4x faster than the GTX 960M.

Swatseal

Neo Member
I've been doing a lot of research the past week but I'm still stuck. I've been reading reviews on the Asus ROG strix gl502vs with the 1070 and the msi g63vr stealth pro 4K but am worried about battery life on both. I heard Optimus helps with battery life but one doesn't have it. I have a desktop but spend a lot of time at work so I would like a sleek work computer where I can do some medium gaming. I really like the design of MacBook Pro retinas but there are 2 things stopping me: I want windows 10 and I don't think the iris gpu is up to my gaming needs.

Country where it will be purchased: USA

Maximum budget: $3000

Max size (can be in screen inches, dimensions, weight): 15.6"ish screen or smaller. 17" is too big and not portable IMO.

Planned usage (what kind of games or specific games it must run, if heavily gaming at all). Ideally you'll point out what resolution and settings are your standard, based off of what I've laid out in the OP: I want to run games in 1080p although I like the UHD screens for browsing and work use. Games I mostly play: wow, dota 2, overwatch, indie games (boi, crypt of the necrodancer, etc.), and maybe some dark souls. I don't plan on playing anything super graphics intensive and if I want to try I'm fine lowering settings. Like I said, I have a desktop for those games. This is primarily for work with medium gaming needs. Although if I were playing wow, dota, overwatch or dark souls, I would have it plugged in.

Whatever else you find relevant, misc. things such as desired battery life, screen resolution, fan noise, etc.: i would like at least a 256 ssd in there. 512-1tb would be even better. I know many of the laptops I was looking at have a 1 to hdd in there as well which I don't really care about. I don't store a ton of media file on the laptop, just games and work programs. In order of importance - durable/sleek/slim design, battery, display resolution/quality, fan noise, heat.

Skatterd

I hear people are super helpful in this topic.
I'm tentatively on the market for a new laptop..I want to run Foza Horizon 3 on max or high settings..what's the best deal I can find

So I still haven't ordered a new computer, as there is a chance I could either get one via my job (which I apparently get to chose and could be something pretty nice) or I could get that Dell Gaming laptop via Amazon/an uncle that lives in Florida. If I get the latter I would like to get another SSD for security's sake (I already have an external HDD and probably won't need that much space, but just in case...).

I know nothing about computers, but it seems like everyone says installing more memory is a piece of cake. Could I just watch a YouTube video to figure it out, or is it a bit more involved than that?

So I still haven't ordered a new computer, as there is a chance I could either get one via my job (which I apparently get to chose and could be something pretty nice) or I could get that Dell Gaming laptop via Amazon/an uncle that lives in Florida. If I get the latter I would like to get another SSD for security's sake (I already have an external HDD and probably won't need that much space, but just in case...).

I know nothing about computers, but it seems like everyone says installing more memory is a piece of cake. Could I just watch a YouTube video to figure it out, or is it a bit more involved than that?

Literally a case of removing a cover, popping the old stuff out and popping the new stuff in. I'm also pretty sure that it's next to impossible to fit them the "wrong" way, i.e. back to front.

It's much cheaper to replace the RAM yourself so i'd highly recommend it.

Edit: I may have misunderstood, by memory you mean replace the HDD with an SDD?

If so, this is also very simple to do. I replaced my HDD on my mac, removed the disc drive and fitted the HDD into the old disc drive space. Piece of cake.

You can buy a USB to SATA cable for the transfer/clone of the HDD, then it's a case of just swapping them out.

So long story short, yes it's super simple to do, especially when watching a YouTube video if required.

K.Jack

I've been doing a lot of research the past week but I'm still stuck. I've been reading reviews on the Asus ROG strix gl502vs with the 1070 and the msi g63vr stealth pro 4K but am worried about battery life on both. I heard Optimus helps with battery life but one doesn't have it. I have a desktop but spend a lot of time at work so I would like a sleek work computer where I can do some medium gaming. I really like the design of MacBook Pro retinas but there are 2 things stopping me: I want windows 10 and I don't think the iris gpu is up to my gaming needs.

Country where it will be purchased: USA

Maximum budget: $3000

Max size (can be in screen inches, dimensions, weight): 15.6"ish screen or smaller. 17" is too big and not portable IMO.

Planned usage (what kind of games or specific games it must run, if heavily gaming at all). Ideally you'll point out what resolution and settings are your standard, based off of what I've laid out in the OP: I want to run games in 1080p although I like the UHD screens for browsing and work use. Games I mostly play: wow, dota 2, overwatch, indie games (boi, crypt of the necrodancer, etc.), and maybe some dark souls. I don't plan on playing anything super graphics intensive and if I want to try I'm fine lowering settings. Like I said, I have a desktop for those games. This is primarily for work with medium gaming needs. Although if I were playing wow, dota, overwatch or dark souls, I would have it plugged in.

Whatever else you find relevant, misc. things such as desired battery life, screen resolution, fan noise, etc.: i would like at least a 256 ssd in there. 512-1tb would be even better. I know many of the laptops I was looking at have a 1 to hdd in there as well which I don't really care about. I don't store a ton of media file on the laptop, just games and work programs. In order of importance - durable/sleek/slim design, battery, display resolution/quality, fan noise, heat.

Seems like a GS63 and a large SSD would do you best.

Configure through a site like Gentech PC, and they can handle the installation for you.

Lugging around a heavier, hotter, and louder 1070 machine doesn't make much sense for you, when you have a desktop.

I hear people are super helpful in this topic.
I'm tentatively on the market for a new laptop..I want to run Foza Horizon 3 on max or high settings..what's the best deal I can find
Sure, we can help, if you provide more info.

Check the OP for the proper posting format.

Yo, K.Jack. You eyeing the New Alienware 17?

Eyeing the laptop itself, not really, but I am going to try to source one of the screens, for use in my future MSI laptop. A 1440p IPS panel w/ 120Hz G-Sync is potential GOAT material.

The AW17 chassis, I'll reserve judgment until professional review. They've gone so thin, I wonder how it'll cool a 1070 and even more so the 1080, properly. Truth be told, I hate the way they put the GPU and CPU on the opposite side of the motherboard, meaning that even wanting to clean out the fans requires a complete disassembly and removal of the motherboard.

I'm not likely to ever buy such a machine.

Skatterd

Sure, we can help, if you provide more info.

Check the OP for the proper posting format.

Right-o my fault, I was on a strained phone connection earlier since my internet was out, should have waited to try to post.

Country where it will be purchased: US
Maximum budget: Let's say 2k
Max size: no strong opinion
Planned usage: Playing some newer games. Mostly those that would otherwise be Xbox exclusive. My focus is running Forza Horizon 3 well right now.
Misc: For resolution, 4k would be nice but I can deal w/ 1080 for a good price. Besides that ideally ultra settings, or I can deal w/ high depending on the price. Ideally fan would be somewhat quiet but not a big deal as long as it isn't insane. Battery life...I honestly don't care a whole lot.

Made some long needed updates to the OP. Wow things have changed in the span of 2 years.

1040 and 1050 HURRY UP

Will there be such a thing as a 1030 do you think? I'm wondering what the dGPU will be in the Surface Book 2. If they could squeeze in a 1040 @ 960m level power roughly that would be pretty incredible.

I'd be happy if Apple puts Nvidia GTX 1050 TI in their next Macbook Pros. That would be worth the wait.

491 days since the last refresh, and the last refresh was very minor for 15" MBP.

K.Jack

Right-o my fault, I was on a strained phone connection earlier since my internet was out, should have waited to try to post.

Country where it will be purchased: US
Maximum budget: Let's say 2k
Max size: no strong opinion
Planned usage: Playing some newer games. Mostly those that would otherwise be Xbox exclusive. My focus is running Forza Horizon 3 well right now.
Misc: For resolution, 4k would be nice but I can deal w/ 1080 for a good price. Besides that ideally ultra settings, or I can deal w/ high depending on the price. Ideally fan would be somewhat quiet but not a big deal as long as it isn't insane. Battery life...I honestly don't care a whole lot.

The value the MSI GT62VR gives, is really hard to ignore presently. It ticks every box outside of the 4K but imo insane IQ at 1080p/60fps is till the ideal route.

Maybe Volta will bring 4K/60fps to notebooks, but we aren't there yet.

1040 and 1050 HURRY UP

Will there be such a thing as a 1030 do you think? I'm wondering what the dGPU will be in the Surface Book 2. If they could squeeze in a 1040 @ 960m level power roughly that would be pretty incredible.

Well the 1050 is still rumored for an October reveal, hopefully that's true. Supposed specs for both cards were posted by Videocardz: GT 1040 and then GTX 1050. Grain of salt, of course, but they said October 2016 back in April, and now the present rumors are confirming that timeline.

I still expect the 1040 to be pretty close to the 960M. If you plug in what we now know (that 1080M = 1070, 1070M = 1060, etc) to that original chart we got from China, it was pretty spot on, besides the changing of the naming conventions. The low end cards are not going to disappoint.

GT 940M had 384 shaders, 32 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 64-bit bus, and 16.0GB/s bandwidth.
VC's rumored GT 1040 has 640 shaders, 40 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 128-bit bus, and 112.0GB/s bandwidth.

That is a fucking insane leap, if that pans out. It literally specs out to be a miniaturized GTX 750 Ti, which oh yeah is the GTX 960M.

Sorry to get the thirst revved up again, but all current rumors are validating what I believe to be true. Wow if the 1040 is actually used in Ultrabook type machines. The revolution will be televised fam.

edit: history tells that the x30 cards are usually previous-gen rebrands. But who knows

I'd be happy if Apple puts Nvidia GTX 1050 TI in their next Macbook Pros. That would be worth the wait.

491 days since the last refresh, and the last refresh was very minor for 15" MBP.

I think the 1060 3GB is what was once expected to be the 1050 Ti.

I'd expect a 1040 at best, with the way Apple is chasing thinness. Which, as I detailed above, may not be a bad thing.

The value the MSI GT62VR gives, is really hard to ignore presently. It ticks every box outside of the 4K but imo insane IQ at 1080p/60fps is till the ideal route.

Maybe Volta will bring 4K/60fps to notebooks, but we aren't there yet.

Well the 1050 is still rumored for an October reveal, hopefully that's true. Supposed specs for both cards were posted by Videocardz: GT 1040 and then GTX 1050. Grain of salt, of course, but they said October 2016 back in April, and now the present rumors are confirming that timeline.

I still expect the 1040 to be pretty close to the 960M. If you plug in what we now know (that 1080M = 1070, 1070M = 1060, etc) to that original chart we got from China, it was pretty spot on, besides the changing of the naming conventions. The low end cards are not going to disappoint.

GT 940M had 384 shaders, 32 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 64-bit bus, and 16.0GB/s bandwidth.
VC's rumored GT 1040 has 640 shaders, 40 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 128-bit bus, and 112.0GB/s bandwidth.

That is a fucking insane leap, if that pans out. It literally specs out to be a miniaturized GTX 750 Ti, which oh yeah is the GTX 960M.

Sorry to get the thirst revved up again, but all current rumors are validating what I believe to be true. Wow if the 1040 is actually used in Ultrabook type machines. The revolution will be televised fam.

edit: history tells that the x30 cards are usually previous-gen rebrands. But who knows

I think the 1060 3GB is what was once expected to be the 1050 Ti.

I'd expect a 1040 at best, with the way Apple is chasing thinness. Which, as I detailed above, may not be a bad thing.

I've been like 95% set on that new GT62VR model since it's hard to believe there is a better value out there, but I waited this long so I think I'm going to wait and see what the new Alienware pricing looks like next Friday when they go on sale.

All this new NVIDIA card talk is making me think about waiting a little longer to get a laptop, but I'm assuming they'll be super expensive whenever they launch?

shockdude

Made some long needed updates to the OP. Wow things have changed in the span of 2 years.
Nice update. Things have changed indeed.

I'd change the Low-Ultra tiers imo. The GTX 960M is absolutely not a "Low" card, even in 2016.

Low: Low-Medium graphics, 720p-900p
Medium: Medium-High graphics, 900p-1080p
High: High graphics, 1080p
Ultra: Ultra graphics, 60+FPS, 1080p or greater, VR-Ready
Ultra+: Like Ultra but even better.

Low: Intel Graphics, 940M
Medium: 950M, 960M, 1040
High: 970M, 980M, 1050
Ultra: 1060, 1070
Ultra+: 1080

K.Jack

Every few seconds the screen freezes. When I play Overwatch it is like every other second.

What troubleshooting have you done, so far?

I've been like 95% set on that new GT62VR model since it's hard to believe there is a better value out there, but I waited this long so I think I'm going to wait and see what the new Alienware pricing looks like next Friday when they go on sale.

Waiting is never a bad idea. The Alienware 15's specs and price may make things interesting. I'm worried about it being "25% thinner" than the previous model, when the 980M ran at 90C, but we'll see.

All this new NVIDIA card talk is making me think about waiting a little longer to get a laptop, but I'm assuming they'll be super expensive whenever they launch?

Well I'd expect the typical GTX 1050 machines to be in the $1k-1.1k range.

Nice update. Things have changed indeed.

I'd change the Low-Ultra tiers imo. The GTX 960M is absolutely not a "Low" card, even in 2016.

Low: Low-Medium graphics, 720p-900p
Medium: Medium-High graphics, 900p-1080p
High: High graphics, 1080p
Ultra: Ultra graphics, 60+FPS, 1080p or greater, VR-Ready
Ultra+: Like Ultra but even better.

Low: Intel Graphics, 940M
Medium: 950M, 960M, 1040
High: 970M, 980M, 1050
Ultra: 1060, 1070
Ultra+: 1080

That's good, I'm going to go with format that, I was struggling to place the last-gen cards properly.

Different description for Ultra+ though.

Guys. I am thinking of purchasing this one. What do you think? My concern so far is the heating and fan noise but I'm hearing different things on that aspect:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IOHNQKQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I haven't heard much bad about this one. The GS63 thread on NBR has lots of opinions.

Waiting is never a bad idea. The Alienware 15's specs and price may make things interesting. I'm worried about it being "25% thinner" than the previous model, when the 980M ran at 90C, but we'll see.

When the 10 series laptops were getting announced, I originally wanted to get one ASAP. Then I talked some sense into myself since this is going to be a ~$2000 purchase and decide I should wait a bit and do more research. I honestly think it's down to the MSI and Alienware at this point depending on what their pricing looks like. Also thought the new Acer Predators where supposed to launch in September, but I haven't heard anything since they announced that they were launching in September.

So I guess I should say I'm potentially down to MSI, Alienware, and Acer if they launch soon. I finally want to make a purchase so likely I'll make my decision once the Alienware machines go on sale.

I know Alienware went 25% thinner, but they seemed to think when they did their reveal that their cooling was going to be better than their previous model, but I guess we won't know until reviewers get their hands on them.

Novoitus

Banned
need a new laptop since my ex stole my old one

Country where it will be purchased.
US
Maximum budget.
$1700-1800?

Max size (can be in screen inches, dimensions, weight). -

Probably prefer 17 inch screen

Planned usage (what kind of games or specific games it must run, if heavily gaming at all).- most games - taking this away for college in January. And video editing. High/ultra at 1080p for games.

Whatever else you find relevant, misc. things such as desired battery life, screen resolution, fan noise, etc.
my last laptop had a god awful HDD. it was the lenovo y70. the system came to a crawl and was often at 100% disk usage. don't really want to go through that again

FINALLY managed to purchase an MSI Titan GS73VR with a 1070 card and 64 GB RAM for around 3k. I also got a custom graphic wrap added to the back, though I'm not sure if I fucked up on sending in the graphic since Xotic's website was really unclear about how to size the image and when to send it and associate it with the order. I just e-mailed their artwork department the image at time of order along with my order number, so I hope I did it right.

Now I just wait.

K.Jack

need a new laptop since my ex stole my old one

Country where it will be purchased.
US
Maximum budget.
$1700-1800?

Max size (can be in screen inches, dimensions, weight). -

Probably prefer 17 inch screen

Planned usage (what kind of games or specific games it must run, if heavily gaming at all).- most games - taking this away for college in January. And video editing. High/ultra at 1080p for games.

Whatever else you find relevant, misc. things such as desired battery life, screen resolution, fan noise, etc.
my last laptop had a god awful HDD. it was the lenovo y70. the system came to a crawl and was often at 100% disk usage. don't really want to go through that again

Add an SSD to this, and you're golden.

FINALLY managed to purchase an MSI Titan GS73VR with a 1070 card and 64 GB RAM for around 3k. I also got a custom graphic wrap added to the back, though I'm not sure if I fucked up on sending in the graphic since Xotic's website was really unclear about how to size the image and when to send it and associate it with the order. I just e-mailed their artwork department the image at time of order along with my order number, so I hope I did it right.

Now I just wait.

Was gonna ask how the price crept up so high, but then I checked the prices of high capacity DDR4 . Ouch.

Hopefully the trade in program MSI is devising for the previous generation allows me to step up to a GT73.

How much of a bottleneck is the 6700hq with a 1060?

Little to none.

Top Bottom