• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Season OT - Week One - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFF's worst of the week for week one:

all-decade-team-worst_week-1.png

Marcus needs to be in SF like now. To bad there is no way for them to make that happen.

Edit: My god was Kelce bad on Sunday, guy gets pushed backwards almost every play now. Not sure what happened but he cant block anyone. Killed the Eagles last year with his poor play.

Hindl

Marcus needs to be in SF like now. To bad there is no way for them to make that happen.

Edit: My god was Kelce bad on Sunday, guy gets pushed backwards almost every play now. Not sure what happened but he cant block anyone. Killed the Eagles last year with his poor play.

Not only that, but in the Fran Duffy breakdown he showed two RPO plays where Mathews kept it and was running a sweep. Both times Kelce pulled and was the last guy to block before Mathews hit the hole. He kinda whiffed on both of them and Mathews only got a minimal gain. A proper block would've made one of the runs a TD and another a big game. Might need to start looking at centers in the 2017 drat

WedgeX

Banned

Lions had no best nor any worst on offense. We're decidedly middle of the pack!

Hindl

It wasn't Fran Duffy, it was a chipwagon post actually:

http://chipwagon.typepad.com/eagles/2016/09/a-debut-to-remember.html#more

Really detailed breakdown of how Pederson used packaged plays. Not really worth quoting since it's mostly pictures, but it shows how they used the same packaged play over and over for Wentz, with a simple Read Option for the handoff to Matthews, along with a bubble screen set up on the edge. Really interesting to see how they use other packaged plays this season to help Wentz out. It was only one game against a weaker defense, but Pederson deserves credit for drawing up a game plan that gives Wentz plenty of options but doesn't make things too complicated for him.

brentech

MechDX

In interesting question is, I wonder if he's adding too much for them as they get more comfortable...or if it's simply teams figuring them out?

He maxes out their strengths while game planning. Pretty much hit the ceilings of Hoyer, Weeden, Yates, Fitz

They are just severely limited.

Didn't see the Titans game. What happened to Mariota?

Spinluck

The best

playergrades

:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom