• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Sanjuro

What are the chances we see Kaep in a Browns uniform this season?

Where is Gabbert clearly going to go?

Stay tuned everyone for HOT TAKES.

I'm not kidding when I say that I hope the Vikes claim both the linemen cut by MIA. Better than Jake Long
lol, no

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-10-worst-performances-from-sundays-week-5-nfl-action/

1. Billy Turner, T, Miami Dolphins
A backup guard being asked to start at left tackle is unlikely to go well, and it went very not well for Turner and the Miami Dolphins in their loss to Tennessee. It’s tough to be too hard on Turner, who was simply out of his depth, but he surrendered three sacks, two hits and four hurries for a total of nine pressures in only 27 pass-blocking snaps. Throw in a penalty and some ugly run blocking and you have one of the worst days of the weekend.

Why is it so hard to draft functional linemen?

Who knows, we've spent so many 1st round picks and millions on an oline that hasn't been good since....early 00s? Maybe? I don't even remember

This is great news though
‏@AbramsonFL 1m1 minute ago
Joe Philbin didn't even have the power to cut his own players without approval from front office. Adam Gase was given that power

@FinsInsider 10m10 minutes ago
Matthew Cannata Retweeted Big Mike
Yes.

@MiaFins1
@FinsInsider Any whispers about Tannenbaum maybe getting fired this off season or sooner?

“I got no feeling — I haven’t in anything I’ve read, watched, watching practice, talking to the players, talking to the coach — there’s nothing that’s given me a hint that anywhere close with that quarterback change could happen with the San Francisco 49ers,” Simms said on the broadcast. “That’s just my opinion. . . . I saw Blaine Gabbert taking all the reps, doing all the practice. A lot of encouraging words about him as a teammate, a player. Look, come on, I don’t want to hear anybody talk — this guy’s got talent. You see that on the field. Running, got a good arm. Yeah, he missed some passes tonight. It’s not a game of perfection.”

Phil Fucking Simms.

Who knows, we've spent so many 1st round picks and millions on an oline that hasn't been good since....early 00s? Maybe? I don't even remember

This is great news though
Yeah I love this. I see eye to eye with what Gase has done so far from a personnel standpoint.

Honestly.
Why are we even talking about Tannehill right now? I know it's hard to see from your ivory tower but the Dolphins have a shit o-line and it's been shit for at least 10 years.

No one is crowning Tannehill a savior at this point. You were right, move on.

Bread

Banned
Why are we even talking about Tannehill right now? I know it's hard to see from your ivory tower but the Dolphins have a shit o-line and it's been shit for at least 10 years.

The previous post by Chris was talking about his stats, I knew what he was trying to say!

Can Tannehill play baseball?

Well Tebow can so yeah I'm sure he could

Yeah I love this. I see eye to eye with what Gase has done so far from a personnel standpoint.

Even our own fanbase doesn't see how shit this roster and previous coaching staffs have been I don't expect outsiders to even being to understand.

The previous post by Chris was talking about his stats, I knew what he was trying to say!

That you're a basic ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch? Good I thought you might not get the message.

What does the o-line matter though? Gase is a lame duck if ANY of this is true (which it probably is)

Once Tannenbaum inevitably gets fired, the new GM will come in, want his own guy, then we'll get stories leaked shitting on Gase until he's expelled. O-line is not a one year fix.

What does the o-line matter though? Gase is a lame duck if ANY of this is true (which it probably is)

Once Tannenbaum inevitably gets fired, the new GM will come in, want his own guy, then we'll get stories leaked shitting on Gase until he's expelled. O-line is not a one year fix.

Tannenbaum isn't the GM tho...

See what I mean...y'all don't even know

Dolphins fans were chanting for Matt Fucking Moore last game. Matt... Moore...

Tannehill doesn't have many defenders left but the fact is he's in a tougher situation than just about any QB in the league. It's not excuses, it's stats. Look at the Dolphins defense, o-line, running game, TEs... They are a disaster from top to bottom.

Dolphins fans were chanting for Matt Fucking Moore last game. Matt... Moore...

Tannehill doesn't have many defenders left but the fact is he's in a tougher situation than just about any QB in the league. It's not excuses, it's stats. Look at the Dolphins defense, o-line, running game, TEs... They are a disaster from top to bottom.

Just don't friend, not worth defending this franchise anyways....

What happened to Caroo?

Nothing...which is kinda the point

The purge continues

@alexmarvez
.@sn_nfl has learned @MiamiDolphins are releasing RB Isaiah Pead today

Just don't friend, not worth defending this franchise anyways....
Yeah... Just bums me out that the Dolphins Matt Carr'd Tannehill to the point where he's probably permanently broken. Half of the Dolphins games I watch I expect him to just take himself out of the game, walk out of the stadium, and drive off into the sunset.

Zeke

Phins purging their roster like it's preseason. Trejo you're more than welcomes on the cowboys bandwagon while your phins purge and rebuild.

Greg

Yeah... Just bums me out that the Dolphins Matt Carr'd Tannehill to the point where he's probably permanently broken. Half of the Dolphins games I watch I expect him to just take himself out of the game, walk out of the stadium, and drive off into hurricane Matthew

Yeah... Just bums me out that the Dolphins Matt Carr'd Tannehill to the point where he's probably permanently broken. Half of the Dolphins games I watch I expect him to just take himself out of the game, walk out of the stadium, and drive off into the sunset.

Yup, and now we have to watch guys like Henne and Lemon...oh god

Phins purging their roster like it's preseason. Trejo you're more than welcomes on the cowboys bandwagon while your phins purge and rebuild.

Thank you friend, Cowboy nation has always been a true friend to me <3

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
That's from before the starter decision was announced and is just speculation suggesting the deal might get done.

Chip says the contract issues had nothing to do with whether or not he played. So either yankee is wrong or chip is a liar. Sorry yankee :(

Chip says the contract issues had nothing to do with whether or not he played. So either yankee is wrong or chip is a liar. Sorry yankee :(

I believe Chip is being the good solider. It was clear after week 2 that Blame just cant play QB in the NFL. Not only is he terrible on anything deep but he misses short throws all the time. He also has no sense of pressure, he will panic and run into the pass rush when the line has them blocked fine.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I believe Chip is being the good solider. It was clear after week 2 that Blame just cant play QB in the NFL. Not only is he terrible on anything deep but he misses short throws all the time. He also has no sense of pressure, he will panic and run into the pass rush when the line has them blocked fine.

Oh I agree with what you've been saying. But chip is dumb for just saying anything if he can't say what's really going on.

cdyhybrid

How many linemen do the Phins have to cut?
GCP04xP.gif

Nevada's approving Raiders. Going to come down to owners vote and last I heard they already had the numbers

As I said, hardest step was the first step of getting funding approved. Everything falling into place #TooManyWs

Oh I agree with what you've been saying. But chip is dumb for just saying anything if he can't say what's really going on.

Yeah I definitely think that Chip's biggest weakness is dealing with the media. I have never seen a coach have such dislike for those guys. There was no point at all in him saying anything about why Kap wasnt playing, just say coaches decision and move on. Oh well at least I wont have to suffer through Blame at QB anymore. I am really intrigued to see how Kap does, my guess is he will struggle big time but maybe not.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Dolphins could start 2 tackling dummies at tackle and the Steeler outside linebackers still wouldn't generate any pressure. Seems like a perfect week to make wholesale changes.

Top Bottom