• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Hindl

Can you imagine if OBJ played in the NFCEast during the 90's? Dude would be a complete emotional wreck.

Dude would've gotten killed. Between buddy Ryan and those mid 90s cowboys secondaries, dude would've quit football.

Also wrt the Bengals they get Tyler eifert back this week

I wonder how it feels to be known to many as only Stacy Kiebler's husband.

I doubt he cares, he's Stacy Kieblers husband

Fantomex

i think i'm 3-4. i'm your rams btw.

i made some trades, picked up martavis bryant, byron maxwell, and kiko alonso and gave up robert quinn and a 4th.

fQEyC5x.gif

For all the hate you give the Dolphins. You sure seem to be following their front office moves.

C'mon bro. You and I both know for damn certain that wasn't a Howie move.

I honestly dont. Chip did not have control over personal moves then for sure, so at best it was a Howie doing what Chip wanted move, but Howie is Mr. cap would it really surprise anyone if he got sick of DJax asking for more money 3 years straight. Especially coming after a playoff loss where he did nothing.

Hindl

I honestly dont. Chip did not have control over personal moves then for sure, so at best it was a Howie doing what Chip wanted move, but Howie is Mr. cap would it really surprise anyone if he got sick of DJax asking for more money 3 years straight. Especially coming after a playoff loss where he did nothing.

Be honest here. Chip came in and preached culture, no team distractions, everyone buying in and doing what he wants. DJax is a talented diva. Doesn't strike you as odd that the whole gang ties thing leaks and then he's out? And if Howie was behind it you think he'd let one of the best deep threats in the league go for nothing? Tell me how you possibly believe he'd cut him for nothing and not try to trade him. Howie was in charge but that was a complete Chip move

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Go Browns!

Believe in Hue!

Speaking of that every time I see Kessler looking pretty good out there I just remember the press conference by Hue:

"You're gonna have to trust me on this one"

Trust Hue!

Be honest here. Chip came in and preached culture, no team distractions, everyone buying in and doing what he wants. DJax is a talented diva. Doesn't strike you as odd that the whole gang ties thing leaks and then he's out? And if Howie was behind it you think he'd let one of the best deep threats in the league go for nothing? Tell me how you possibly believe he'd cut him for nothing and not try to trade him

Howie was the GM, lets say Chip goes to him and says this game is a headache get rid of him, why wouldnt Howie still try to trade him? The Eagles didnt trade DJax because no team in the league would give them anything for a guy like him with his contract and also him going public right after the playoff game saying he wanted more money.

Zeke

Dude would've gotten killed. Between buddy Ryan and those mid 90s cowboys secondaries, dude would've quit football.

Also wrt the Bengals they get Tyler eifert back this week
I might get jumped on for this but I'm not too worried about Eifert. First game back I'm sure he'll have some rust to knock off and I feel pretty confident that Byron Jones can lock him down.

gutshot

Howie was the GM, lets say Chip goes to him and says this game is a headache get rid of him, why wouldnt Howie still try to trade him? The Eagles didnt trade DJax because no team in the league would give them anything for a guy like him with his contract and also him going public right after the playoff game saying he wanted more money.

You are aware that Howie was able to trade DeMarco Murray and his monstrous contract this offseason, right? I'm sure he could have found someone to take DeSean even if it was just for a mid-round pick.

FTF

Browns if you cannot beat the Pats at least find a way to infect them with your losing and sadness.

And if you can't that, then just go low in Gronk and Brady every chance you get. Its not like the league can punish Cleveland. There is nowhere worse to send you...

Tsk, tsk...I thought you were above rooting for injury, shame.

You are aware that Howie was able to trade DeMarco Murray and his monstrous contract this offseason, right? I'm sure they could have found someone to take DeSean even if it was just for a mid-round pick.

Then why didnt they? I dont get why Howie the GM who had control of the roster would just cut a guy that had value, or why would Chip not want to get something back for a guy?

bionic77

Tsk, tsk...I thought you were above rooting for injury, shame.
The Pats and Trump made me do it.

They crossed the line first, sir. They squeezed us, they hammered us to the point of desperation. And in our desperation we turned to something we did not fully understand.

The Browns.

Desperately need for the secondary to get healthy this week. Getting Apple, Thompson, DRC and Berhe back is much needed for this defense to find its footing again.

MechDX

Desperately need for the secondary to get healthy this week. Getting Apple, Thompson and Berhe back is much needed for this defense to find its footing again.

Hey the Giants are working out safety Rahim "I aint hitting shit" Moore today. #HOPE

JABEE

Howie gave DeSean and LeSean their extensions.

Hindl

I might get jumped on for this but I'm not too worried about Eifert. First game back I'm sure he'll have some rust to knock off and I feel pretty confident that Byron Jones can lock him down.

Yeah he'll probably be rusty, Jones could lock him down. But then are you leaving Green on an island with Claiborne? Or are you bracketing him with safety help? Cincy has a pretty solid run game too. This game, like most Cowboys games I feel, are going to come down to the Cowboys O vs the opponent's D. The Cowboys Defense is better than recent years, but the complete lack of pass rush is going to prevent them from shutting down offensive teams.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cardinals at Niners has to be the most fuckball of all fuckball matchups. Perfect for a Thursday night game.

Zeke

Yeah he'll probably be rusty, Jones could lock him down. But then are you leaving Green on an island with Claiborne? Or are you bracketing him with safety help? Cincy has a pretty solid run game too. This game, like most Cowboys games I feel, are going to come down to the Cowboys O vs the opponent's D. The Cowboys Defense is better than recent years, but the complete lack of pass rush is going to prevent them from shutting down offensive teams.
I'd like to see Mo one on one with Green for a series to see if he can hold up. I feel like Mo is going to need that safety help because Green is just that good. My only concern is if Mo needs safety help it more than likely will be Jones helping out which leaves Eifert in a possible mismatch against a LB.

Hindl

I'd like to see Mo one on one with Green for a series to see if he can hold up. I feel like Mo is going to need that safety help because Green is just that good. My only concern is if Mo needs safety help it more than likely will be Jones helping out which leaves Eifert in a possible mismatch against a LB.

Yeah, how I feel too. These upcoming games are going to be interesting for all of the NFC East, since for the most part everyone's either played each other or bad teams. Cowboys have Packers and Bengals coming up, Washington has Ravens and Bengals, Giants have Packers and Ravens, and Eagles have have Vikings and Falcons outside of divisional games. We'll see what this division is really made of.

Pepiope

Man, all these injuries. Glad the injury bug hasn't bit the Eagles quite yet. Of course, they are coming off a bye week so it's understandable.
We did lose ertz for a couple weeks, and McKelvin. Plus our starting QB was injured nearly all preseason. I think that counts, no more injuries.

Top Bottom