• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Because YH's arguments fall apart if you actually apply them to anyone other than Bradford. I've never seen fans so eager to illogically defend a mediocre football player while slamming an objectively better one in every sense.

Ok. I don't really get how/why YAC is a good metric for this though. I mean, Brady had like 50% YAC last season, and despite him being satan's right hand man he's still a good QB.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
SVT5Zoz.png

you guys are too easy

So I got seats 2 rows from the field right by where the Patriots come out for Sunday's game,

Who has a message for Lord Brady that I should relay?

cdyhybrid

Have I been slurping Wentz? That is the part that is confusing me. I am happy he has started off well but it is a long season and lots of guys have stretches where they play well. Hell I even mentioned Bobby hoying starting out with 3 great games and then falling apart.
Way to completely dodge the second half of that post.

I've seen nothing impressive from Wentz aside from the fact that he's starting as a rookie and not fucking it up for the rest of the team, but that's an aside. I'd still like you to find me a single play that Bradford has made that has meant anything of significance.

Ok. I don't really get how/why YAC is a good metric for this though. I mean, Brady had like 50% YAC last season, and despite him being satan's right hand man he's still a good QB.
That's wrong though. Brady is a terrible QB and only wins because they cheat.

gutshot

For some reason, it's become very trendy this season to bash QBs for dinking and dunking despite two of the best QBs in NFL history both being primarily dinking and dunking QBs (Montana and Brady).

Air yards, in particular, is a worthless statistic that proves nothing about QB play. http://mcnabborkolb.com/blog/2016/10/3/time-to-clear-the-air

Way to completely dodge the second half of that post.

I've seen nothing impressive from Wentz aside from the fact that he's starting as a rookie and not fucking it up for the rest of the team, but that's an aside. I'd still like you to find me a single play that Bradford has made that has meant anything of significance.

That's wrong though. Brady is a terrible QB and only wins because they cheat.

Sam Bradford played for the Jeff Fisher coached Rams, surrounded by guys who are not even replacement level. Shockingly enough he did not single handedly carry that shit show to a SB, so no I cant find any plays that he has made that helped his team win a super bowl, just like you cant find any plays that wuss has made that have helped his team win a super bowl. And no winning a Super Bowl for the Pats does not count.

cdyhybrid

For some reason, it's become very trendy this season to bash QBs for dinking and dunking despite two of the best QBs in NFL history both being primarily dinking and dunking QBs (Montana and Brady).

Air yards, in particular, is a worthless statistic that proves nothing about QB play. http://mcnabborkolb.com/blog/2016/10/3/time-to-clear-the-air
There's nothing wrong with dinking and dunking if all you care about is winning and it works. But when you try to compare individual players' contribution to their teams' success (which is silly in the first place, honestly), it's hard to give them credit for the NFL equivalent of bunting.

Sam Bradford played for the Jeff Fisher coached Rams, surrounded by guys who are not even replacement level. Shockingly enough he did not single handedly carry that shit show to a SB, so no I cant find any plays that he has made that helped his team win a super bowl, just like you cant find any plays that wuss has made that have helped his team win a super bowl. And no winning a Super Bowl for the Pats does not count.

Like I said, you have no leg to stand on. Bradford has done nothing in the league, your defense of him is based entirely on blaming everyone on the team but him for the repeated failures he's produced.

The Hawks don't win one Super Bowl and get to another without clutch performances by Russell. Period. Just admit it, YH - you hate Russell because he's not your QB.

There's nothing wrong with dinking and dunking if all you care about is winning and it works. But when you try to compare individual players' contribution to their teams' success (which is silly in the first place, honestly), it's hard to give them credit for the NFL equivalent of bunting.

I am in an every day argument with a co worker who says dak doesn't take shots down field( he doesn't) and thats what sets wentz apart

I get so frustrated it makes me want to shit

Hmmm how heavily will you feature Dak and or Zeke Elliot

I know you're also a cowboys fan so you're already better than most of NFLGAF but cut this bullshit out

Elliott

how many god damn times do I have to tell you people

Thank God Miami isn't Trading for Cutler giving them the 5th or 6th best QB in the division.

that would be a p significant upgrade for miami still

Like I said, you have no leg to stand on. Bradford has done nothing in the league, your defense of him is based entirely on blaming everyone on the team but him for the repeated failures he's produced.

The Hawks don't win one Super Bowl and get to another without clutch performances by Russell. Period. Just admit it, YH - you hate Russell because he's not your QB.

You realy are wrong about that. I hate him because he gave away a SB to a bunch of fucking cheaters. If they had just run the ball 3 times they would have won and we would have been spared seeing evil triumph again. I will always blame him for that. I used to be upset that Howie cost the Eagles him but now I am glad, I think Wentz has a chance to be much better so hopefully it will work out for the Eagles.

cdyhybrid

You realy are wrong about that. I hate him because he gave away a SB to a bunch of fucking cheaters. If they had just run the ball 3 times they would have won and we would have been spared seeing evil triumph again. I will always blame him for that. I used to be upset that Howie cost the Eagles him but now I am glad, I think Wentz has a chance to be much better so hopefully it will work out for the Eagles.
Russell doesn't call the plays breh. At least you're finally admitting that you don't actually think he's a bad player. Progress!

cdyhybrid

Did Bevell actually tell him to throw it to the wrong team? That seems like very poor play design.

Edit: High five bread!
It was a bad play. Bradford has days' worth of tape of those. You need to let your hate go - everyone knows the Pats cheated, none of their Super Bowls are legit.

FTF

The Pats and Trump made me do it.

They crossed the line first, sir. They squeezed us, they hammered us to the point of desperation. And in our desperation we turned to something we did not fully understand.

The Browns.

lol you don't get to quote TDK now. And Trump has nothing to do with the Pats, leave that filthy swine out of it. Plus you want the Pats to do well so we all get a classic Pats Steelers playoff matchup.

cdyhybrid

lol you don't get to quote TDK now. And Trump has nothing to do with the Pats, leave that filthy swine out of this. Plus you want the Pats to do well so we all get a classic Pats Steelers playoff matchup.
Trump is the official Presidential candidate of the New England Patriots.

Zeke

I am in an every day argument with a co worker who says dak doesn't take shots down field( he doesn't) and thats what sets wentz apart

I know you're also a cowboys fan so you're already better than most of NFLGAF but cut this bullshit out

Elliott

that would be a p significant upgrade for miami still
Your coworker is dumb as hell. They both average 7yds a pass. Dak averages 7.7 and Wentz is 7.5 still not a huge difference and both have 9 passes of at least 20yds and 2 for 40yds.

donald-trump-patriots-530x278.jpg

Holy shit I just noticed that every person in this picture is white except for the camera man. Scary stuff going down with the Pats.

Hindl

Well these two are going to be endlessly compared for the rest of their careers so better get used to it.

Elliott

I'm on my phone breh don't take it personally.

Dak has a great O-Line but Wentz has a great defense. Which helps a QB more? Context matters of course but I'd take the defense unless you just have an all-time bad O-Line.

Zeke

I'm on my phone breh don't take it personally.

Dak has a great O-Line but Wentz has a great defense. Which helps a QB more? Context matters of course but I'd take the defense unless you just have an all-time bad O-Line.
Counter point, Dak is missing the left side of the online and his WR1 and found a way to battle back from a 14 point deficit.

Counter point, Dak is missing the left side of the online and his WR1 and found a way to battle back from a 14 point deficit.

Are you trying to argue the Cowboys O-Line is bad without those guys? Ronald Leary would start for a lot of teams no question. Chaz needs to clean it up but he's not awful, when you add it all up it's still a really hefty line.

BigAT

It was a bad play. Bradford has days' worth of tape of those. You need to let your hate go - everyone knows the Pats cheated, none of their Super Bowls are legit.

Yeah, but the play he choked on was in the Super Bowl. Show me video of Bradford having a single bad play in the Super Bowl.

Check. Mate.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, but the play he choked on was in the Super Bowl. Show me video of Bradford having a single bad play in the Super Bowl.

Check. Mate.
It's Howie's fault that Bradford wasn't drafted to play for Chip at Oregon so he could win a Super Bowl. That's basically the same as him winning an actual Super Bowl.

Top Bottom