• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

For everyone that missed it the last time.

Here's a handy guide on how to link your full size image from Flickr without linking to the gallery page.

IZ7IY7.gif

EDIT: Not to discourage linking if you want people to be able to follow you, but consider adding the link to your profile separately from the image in your post.

Pakoe

Is it okay for the wide pic? I thought just to keep the page from stretching i'd do it this way..

Edit: Okay, must be thinking of another forum since it doesn't stretch here.

Ah, i've been doing it wrong the whole time. Thanks!

Is it okay for the wide pic? I thought just to keep the page from stretching i'd do it this way..

Edit: Okay, must be thinking of another forum since it doesn't stretch here.

Ah, i've been doing it wrong the whole time. Thanks!

Yup, the forum constrains images to the width of the browser UNLESS you click on one. Then it will expand to the full size. Which is what I often do when I want to see the full size image except.... half the time these days I end up getting sent to someone's Flickr page instead which is suuuuuper annoying.

NeoRaider

Are we breaking any rules by posting like this? Since i am posting using BBCode on other forums too.
You can clearly see hand cursor on BBCode compared to the normal one. So if it's annoying for you just don't click on it. :)

Jelle

Good to know it's great! Added to wishlist on steam :)

Btw, the render tech, for anyone interested, of this game was explained in depth at this years GDC conference: http://f0716f2bff707a1b9e85-36c178e...236a.r70.cf2.rackcdn.com/rendering_inside.pdf Amazing tricks they pulled to get it to render as it does.
Super interesting, thanks. I found lots more GDC presentations here, including the original PowerPoint presentation of the Inside one.

Lots of info on debanding as well. Playdead did an amazing job on getting rid of banding in Inside. Maybe the algorithms will help JPulowski's ReShade debanding shader getting even better as well.

Hilarious animation bug where when an enemy jumps in off a ledge in photo mode and you skip the frames, legs become stuck in the jump aniation, and they just float about

AGFx4YB.jpg

Ws5XYpw.jpg

Also enemies flock to where the player last was, but as the character logic appears to be removed they stop trying to attack the location, then clipping into one another.

these enemies had jumped, causing the leg animation bug aswell.

m3NpPNe.jpg

kx5FEPz.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Anyone futzing with Earth Defense Force?

The aliasing in that game seems rotten by default. Might be a great candidiate for some obscene DSing.

Xyber

I'm actually still more impressed with screenshots from the first Mirror's Edge than I am with Catalyst. Frostbite may be the more advanced engine, but some stuff still just looks better in the first game thanks to its linear levels.

I wanted to go back to some of my old screens to compare with the new game, but Minus.com is completely fucking broken for me and I can even access my old images on that site anymore. Not a single image is actually loading there for me. =/

dr_rus

So with offline mode and Death Star and Rogue One DLC announcements I caved and got myself a copy - if only for the visuals:

aKVb.jpg

Timu

So with offline mode and Death Star and Rogue One DLC announcements I caved and got myself a copy - if only for the visuals:

aKVb.jpg
Yeah I'm getting this for my new PC coming at the end of the year that will have a i7(1st time for me getting one)!!!=O

I_D

I don't know if it's just me, but everyone keeps saying that the witcher 3 is an amazing looking game. Unfortunately every time I see screen shots of the game, it looks like shit. The foliage looks poor, the water looks poor, and some of the character models are laughably bad. Like I don't see what everyone else is seeing. When it comes to open world games, I don't think it's even in the top 5 looking open world games. Dragon Age: the inquisition, Mad Max, GTA V, Batman Arkham Knight, Infamous SS, Farcry Primal, and the Division look significantly better. I could go on.

I agree with you, sorta. The Witcher 3 is a tough game to get right in screenshots because the free-camera mods don't work too well with the game's draw-distance, and the foliage looks pretty rough in screens.

When it works properly, though, it works very well.

It's basically a game where almost all characters have this level of quality:

At this level of scale:

I do actually like DA:I's art style more, though, and I think it's probably the best-looking open-world game out right now (maybe GTA5), but Witcher 3 is no slouch.

ReaperXL7

Man I wish PC gaming wasn't so intimidating, I'm not going to be able to even think about getting a PC until February-March but I would only realistically be able to drop a grand on parts which would probably mean I wouldn't be able to get the results of many in this thread.

Still awesome shots to look at though.

CHC

Man I wish PC gaming wasn't so intimidating, I'm not going to be able to even think about getting a PC until February-March but I would only realistically be able to drop a grand on parts which would probably mean I wouldn't be able to get the results of many in this thread.

You'd be surprised - don't assume everyone is running all these games at 60 FPS or anything, many are bumped up to very high resolutions for screenshotting purposes. For $1000 you could build a PC around a GTX 1070, which is one of the fastest single GPUs available right now, easily capable of the visuals in this thread.

Timu

I'm getting a new one in October at the earliest to hang with these guys and it's gonna be worth it. 1k bucks is a requirement for high end at least.

BTW I'm getting an i7 6700(K), GTX 1070, 16GB RAM and 2 SSDs.

Most don't play at the resolutions and settings of the screens ITT, they just ramp them up for the pretties and then turn them back down when playing. I know I certainly don't.

ReaperXL7

You'd be surprised - don't assume everyone is running all these games at 60 FPS or anything, many are bumped up to very high resolutions for screenshotting purposes. For $1000 you could build a PC around a GTX 1070, which is one of the fastest single GPUs available right now, easily capable of the visuals in this thread.

I'm getting a new one in October at the earliest to hang with these guys and it's gonna be worth it. 1k bucks is a requirement for high end at least.

BTW I'm getting an i7 6700(K), GTX 1070, 16GB RAM and 2 SSDs.

Most don't play at the resolutions and settings of the screens ITT, they just ramp them up for the pretties and then turn them back down when playing. I know I certainly don't.

I guess it's similar to the people who mod games like Skyrim to the point of getting like 5 frames but it looks stunning. I'm going to have to really look into it, Consoles are kind of bumming me out these days sad to say even if there are still a few games I'm interested in.

Top Bottom