• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

dr_rus

30684987185_203df205a2_o.jpg

30684984305_7761b0baaa_o.jpg

Finally some TF2 screens.
Too bad some will say its not the best graphics ever so its not good game...

Not the best graphics ever but it's a really really good Single Player. Even if you don't care for the story, the game is pure gameplay bliss imo. Will recommend to everyone.

I created a menu/hud toggle for Rise of the Tomb Raider, which gives the perfect timestop, and works in cutscenes too (except of course the ones which are bink videos!). Get it here: https://mega.nz/#!kUQnzCQb!_0SGZcCfYF3H8fIG2oVuXnhzRGawjpgJwkpQnlYnPSw

Toggle: caps lock.

Is for the Steam version, and only works for NVidia cards.

It should work for AMD users by adding this nvapi file from a real Nvidia driver (the one included in 3Dmigoto is just a proxy)

Atleast it's been tested and confirmed working on Windows 10

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ydr2g23mbq86vrx/AMD+files+Win+10.rar

dr_rus

Is it me or does TF2 look very noisy? Or is it some kind of film grain?

It's Source, so you have either a bad TSAA (seems to be used on the shots above) or MSAA for AA. 8x MSAA pushes my GTX1080 below 60 fps in 2560x1600 so my shots were MSAA 4x (gives you some 20% of performance for almost unnoticeable quality loss) and TSSAA 2x (doesn't really help with transparency aliasing but just adds detail to transparent textures mostly).

Either option doesn't really help with aliasing as much as I'd want, TSAA adds a lot of blurring but fixes some temporal crawling, MSAA does nothing for shaders aliasing. All of this ends in noise.

Edit: the game also doesn't allow you to use any DSR resolutions for some reason, even desktop DSR trick doesn't work. I've also tried forcing SGSSAA, the results are sub par as there's still aliasing and performance tanks obviously.

I_D

Doing a replay of The Evil Within for that Halloween mood. I never actually finished it my first time playing.

evilwithin2016-10-301f5b9i.jpg

evilwithin2016-10-31163bfa.jpg

OtisInf

8-bit poster
30631105152_fb566bdd17_o.jpg

@Bananafactory: using SRWE (For Skyrim SE, check the checkbox 'Force EXITSIZEMOVE after window resize') you can take screenshots at much higher resolution than normal with Skyrim SE. Run as admin, run the game in windowed mode, attach SRWE, type in a resolution, e.g. 3840x2400 and the window will resize, with the view port as well :)

On the https://github.com/dtgDTGdtg/SRWE page I wrote a small tutorial to get started.

^ It's a shame they haven't been able to implement some realistic reflections in the game engine.

They actually do, but because they're screen space, they're quite limited in visibility. Planar reflections would be great, but the hit to performance would be insane without the removal of many buffers and layers (like particles, grass, etc), and then it would just look odd. Credit where credit's due - it's honestly the best I was expecting from Skyrim's ancient technology.

Top Bottom