• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Nick Pal

Risen 3 Enhanced Edition with texture mod and tweaks.

23598127283_c0895c107e_o.jpg

24116931292_2e369c771e_o.jpg

OtisInf

Risen 3 looks great Filben & Nick! might pick it up in the next sale :)

No downsampling. I need GeDoSaTo for the hud toggle, but it always downsamples, which ruins the depth buffer, and with that lots of nice effects, so I've settled for native resolution, which looks good enough.

Reshade with AO, bloom, curves, vibrance, lumasharpen, DoF and my own emphasize (first pic)

23608985364_f54be8b91b_o.png

23869394009_5916c9f14d_o.png

Spazznid

Just getting into this now and wow does it ever look good at times (and running well for me).

23616178784_22b606f995_o.png

TBH, it was a shockingly good game, compared to Unity. I expected Unity, but I got ALMOST Brotherhood, but with a meh story, and bad pacing, but great gameplay...

I anticipate the Assassin's Creed: Egyptian Witcher in 2017.

Spazznid

I figured out what was souring my UWQHD experience just now... Suffice to say, Apparently Nvidia Adaptive-Vsync doesn't play nice with my monitor, and causes MAJOR stuttering.

23620192043_4aacdfe229_o.jpg

24220889346_5d65430402_o.jpg

No downsampling in these shots, just gameplay-level settings.

Filben

No everyone is obsessed with buts and boobs that only exist in over-sexualized media you know.
Come on mate, don't do that. His ":p" remarks it as a joke. Just take it like that.
Good to see that the old tricks work on some people though.
What trick? That I like aesthetics? Then yes, I was so tricked... like when I bought the last painting for the wall. But good to see we both are good with it.

TheRed

^Nice

I personally really enjoyed Watch Dogs and look forward to the sequel, hopefully they improve a lot and make daytime look better.
Enjoyed shooting in that game way more than GTA V actually.

OtisInf

23629161263_f31c548305_o.png

23629162593_1be7ac8c17_o.png

Screenshotting for professionals: hud / weapon hidden using console commands, trying to get the right shot, while enemy beings try to kill you and kick you aside so the great shot you were just trying to take (using a console command!) is ruined and you have to align the camera again. Worth it though :)

No everyone is obsessed with buts and boobs that only exist in over-sexualized media you know. Good to see that the old tricks work on some people though.

Wow some people these days... That was just a joke, Did you see that ":p" or just you see what you want to see?

Also yeah, just like Filben@ said, thanks.

witcher3_2016_01_05_2nkrgi.png

witcher3_2016_01_05_2elpdk.jpg

OtisInf

Thanks Free Roaming Chicken!

Vulcano's Assistent: yeah it's breathtaking. there's some fighting but all I want is fly around and look at it all, you have to get out of there but I don't want to go! :)

24147840372_b02ef78e65_o.png

Spazznid

Posts like this imply that it's impossible to PLAY while also downsampling... which.... I don't agree with.

By "Gameplay-level" I meant the settings I use in normal play.

I get that it could have been interpreted that way, but you of all people should know I'd never imply that. I've long been a contributor and a downsampled gaming enthusiast.

With the setting in those shots, I was at 3440x1440p with all settings maxed except HBAO+ and Soft Shadows, both one notch down, and with my GTX 970, that grants me an ALMOST stable 30 fps, with a lot of slowdowns in certain scenes. Unfortunately, for normal gameplay, I consider this the bare minimum. Of course I could max it at 6880x2880p and with 4xTXAA, but that would result in either a driver crash or less than 1 fps.

Even not implying anything, I doubt one would consider those settings, along with that setup "possible to play". I mean it literally is enough to "Play", but not "Enough" for most people to actively pursue playing the game.

So yes, I consider Native res, with settings allowing at least 30 fps normal gameplay level settings, especially when I own an upper level Video Card.

EDIT:: Also, OtisInf, it'd be nice to see your shots, but for some reason they are taking a year to load...

Of course I could max it at 6880x2880p and with 4xTXAA, but that would result in either a driver crash or less than 1 fps.
I think TXAA of any kind would be overkill at that resolution. I've not played Syndicate but I guess, based on Unity, that 6880x2880 would be out of the question. But in Unity, 5160x2160 is playable for me. It's actually pretty great. 6880x2880 locked my shit up pretty good. I run out of VRAM at that point. 6GB is just not enough :(
EDIT:: Also, OtisInf, it'd be nice to see your shots, but for some reason they are taking a year to load...

Same here actually. Not sure what he deal is. It's not Flickr, is it? Let's test....

24119940611_5b8a3c70d1_o.jpg

Seyavesh

That looks leagues above what I imagined the game could look like.

yeah, i'm pretty surprised by it overall. from watching it in vids it looked really boring and same-y but i'm having a ton of fun just going berserk with mashing and super freeform platforming. unfortunately the winds/tong poo and company have real dumb looking models/in general the more humanoid guys look kinda lame. strider's new design bugs me a lot, haha- i think his strider 2 design is perfection and that a strider game should ooze that kind style found in the art for that game

oCEb.jpg

rCEb.jpg

OtisInf

They're on flickr, not sure why they take long to load. (Firefox here, they load fine, like the rest). they're perhaps a little big, (2K shots), they're a couple of MB's each, but not > 5MB...

I apologize in advance for the poor IQ in this shot, and using a bad host but I had to share it quickly, ill reupload on a better host tomorrow.

This may be the best fallout 4 screenshot i have taken yet.

b5ff972ece.jpg

Top Bottom