• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

screenshot_16-05-07_18ikyn.png

Very clean IQ but I feel the game looks really lifeless in stills

DD

I decided to set the Shader Detail on Low because I really dislike this game's DOF. Unfortunately the Motion Blur is deactivated too.

310560_20160507000653keuo7.jpg

310560_20160507123403t5u45.jpg

mango drank

Unbelievable detail in some of these games. So beautiful.

It's probably been said before, but does anyone ever see this stuff and think, wow, so much computational power, and so much artistry, and so much time and effort, all geared at making ... mere videogames?

I dunno what the main thrust of that is. Videogames shouldn't be made? The people working on these should instead work on ... [x]? It just seems like so much work and so much beauty concentrated on ephemera that 15-year-olds diss on message boards, and that no one's going to talk about in a few years when other newer games are in the public consciousness. Repeat ad nauseam. Just makes me feel sorry for the devs.

But maybe the constant improvement in hardware and software will have payoffs in a couple decades, when everyone's hooked up to their own personal VR Matrix and always happy and there's no pain or war and it's some kind of insane singularity paradise on earth.

Unbelievable detail in some of these games. So beautiful.

It's probably been said before, but does anyone ever see this stuff and think, wow, so much computational power, and so much artistry, and so much time and effort, all geared at making ... mere videogames?

I dunno what the main thrust of that is. Videogames shouldn't be made? The people working on these should instead work on ... [x]? It just seems like so much work and so much beauty concentrated on ephemera that 15-year-olds diss on message boards, and that no one's going to talk about in a few years when other newer games are in the public consciousness. Repeat ad nauseam. Just makes me feel sorry for the devs.

But maybe the constant improvement in hardware and software will have payoffs in a couple decades, when everyone's hooked up to their own personal VR Matrix and always happy and there's no pain or war and it's some kind of insane singularity paradise on earth.

We know not where 'gaming' will evolve.
It seems to me that the culmination of all the history of art will take us to places unimaginable, now.
When I used to play space invaders as a kid, I never envisioned this:

https://flic.kr/p/GAoTDzhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/106746736@N06/

BONKERS

The in game AA sucks, lots of shader aliasing.
AO is really ugly too. ( I can understand this on consoles, but couldn't you have done better for the PC version?)
But the art style shines through and looks so much better in HQ screenshots with good AA than in game.
ScreenShot1605072030.jpg

4e6ScreenShot1605072036.jpg

2nd one here really shows character textures needing improvement. And DXT artifacts abound.

2nd one here really shows character textures needing improvement. And DXT artifacts abound.

That's the one thing that surprises me the most about this game's textures. You'd think characters and weapon models would get high-res textures. Too often am I running around thinking "wow, my gun is kinda ugly."

This game doesn't seem to let you launch with ReShade either, so there's no telling if injected SMAA would be an improvement.

BONKERS

That's the one thing that surprises me the most about this game's textures. You'd think characters and weapon models would get high-res textures. Too often am I running around thinking "wow, my gun is kinda ugly."

This game doesn't seem to let you launch with ReShade either, so there's no telling if injected SMAA would be an improvement.

Somehow it's gotta be related to "We need to make this playable even on low end, low VRAM cards!"
Or something. The character designs are gorgeous, shame this hampers them.

As someone else just above mentioned too, there's a lot of banding on a lot of objects thanks to the compression.

its blizzard tho. im more surprised at framerates. it doesnt run better than battlefront yet the gulf between the 2 is just ginormous.

As someone else just above mentioned too, there's a lot of banding on a lot of objects thanks to the compression.

That was me referring to the banding in my own screenshot :(
its blizzard tho. im more surprised at framerates. it doesnt run better than battlefront yet the gulf between the 2 is just ginormous.

Huh. No complaints here. I thought it was running pretty darn well for me. SLI works great once you force it as well.

It doesn't run better than Battlefront only on AMD's h/w:

starwars__2560.jpg
Overwatch_2560.jpg

On GFs it's 25-30% faster.

i was going by my own experience with both titles. they run at near identical framerates but one looks like a directx 9 game

Huh. No complaints here. I thought it was running pretty darn well for me. SLI works great once you force it as well.

im referring to the comments about people expecting better visauls from a blizzard game

Whose idea was it to colour this game with a piss filter?

26827007511_a3fb3de559_o_d.png

26827010611_354d9ee09a_o_d.png

26827012471_745194928b_o_d.png

26827014671_70ac64a384_o_d.png

Cannot believe how much better it looks Reshaded.

Thankfully they did no such thing to Battlefront.

So many PS360 era games have disgusting colour grading tbh. Especially from Japan, Bayonetta has a fucking gradient on the screen lmao

I bet Disney would've capped some DICE employees if they did the same to Battlefront, thank God for that. Love everything about how that game looks.

Battlefront runs better than Overwatch?

Not from my experience and settings. Battlefront on my PC with everything maxed was roughly a tiny bit above 120fps (130) on my PC @ 1920X1080 (no downsampling of anysort). While at the same time I achieve that same performance with 140% resolution scale at max in Overwatch.

Overwatch runs better and actually has some interesting effects in its own right (global volumetric lighting and per surface glossy SSR, which BF does not have when I tried it).

rashbeep

Banned
I bet Disney would've capped some DICE employees if they did the same to Battlefront, thank God for that. Love everything about how that game looks.

Colour grading nonsense has been a staple for the Battlefield series since Bad Company. It's unfortunate that DICE feels these games need to have that look.

Not from my experience and settings. Battlefront on my PC with everything maxed was roughly a tiny bit above 120fps (130) on my PC @ 1920X1080 (no downsampling of anysort). While at the same time I achieve that same performance with 140% resolution scale at max in Overwatch.

Overwatch runs better and actually has some interesting effects in its own right (global volumetric lighting and per surface glossy SSR, which BF does not have when I tried it).

i get a typical 110-120 fps at 1440p in both at maxed settings(no res scaling in either). walker assault on endor is the one exception where battlefront sometimes drops to the high 90s.

Top Bottom