• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Pokémon World Championships: August 19th-21st, 2016

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Honestly, the TCG is way more interesting to watch than the games...

Games have devolved into stalling for time and other boring shit.

Zzzzz...

Pretty much the opposite for me. I've tried to watch TCG before, but I'm just not invested, or knowledgeable enough to fully enjoy it. VGC wonderful and the professional commentary along side it keeps it going during the long pauses. It's basically baseball and your casters have to be able to carry on during the breaks.

So what are the rules on what pokemon are allowed?

No duplicate pokemon
No duplicate items
Two restricted legends (Box legends, mewtwo, and for some reason Zygarde) (This is for this year only, normally isn't the case)
No mythicals (stuff like Mew or Arceus obtainable through events)

Anything else is fair game

Sandfox

Well this is comical.
So what are the rules on what pokemon are allowed?

All discovered Pokémon will be allowed except the following Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.

Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

backlot

No duplicate pokemon
No duplicate items
Two restricted legends (Box legends, mewtwo, and for some reason Zygarde) (This is for this year only, normally isn't the case)
No mythicals (stuff like Mew or Arceus obtainable through events)

Anything else is fair game

They also have to be gen 6 native. No third gen exclusive moves.

TCG is over. I feel really bad for the guy who lost, since it seemed more due to really, really shitty luck preventing him from getting anything going, especially in round 2.

VGC Juniors finals should start in around 30 minutes I believe

It's worth noting once more that, as the announcer's said, Wolfe didn't need time to win that first round. Jonathan's Groudon only has precipice blades and fire moves to attack, so as long as hitmontop kept using wide guard and Kyogre was out, Wolfe could not lose

Called it.

Quite a few people did. They did a poll on the stream, and over 80% though Wolfe would win the finals at least.

The Raichu and Hitmontop support was super good for the Rayogre core. Obviously the gengar and Bronzong in the back were helpful, but I think those 4 were the real key to the success

Busaiku

Was there an exclusive Pikachu plush this year?
Didn't find anything on eBay yet, but that's probably cause most were competing.

Top Bottom