• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2018 Winter Olympics: Pyeongchang, Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarye

Eric Walton said:
Man, it's fucked up that North Korea got the Olympics, with all the starvation and shit. Oh well, this will give our reporters an in-depth look at Pyongyang.

lol it begins

Forkball

Eric Walton said:
Man, it's fucked up that North Korea got the Olympics, with all the starvation and shit. Oh well, this will give our reporters an in-depth look at Pyongyang.
eb6.jpg

Big-E

IIRC, Korea had the better bid for the 2010 Winter Olympics but we ended up beating them for some reason.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I read that as Pyongyang. Thought the Winter Olympics were going to be in BEST Korea

i will probably go to this! i want to get to a winter olympics at some point (already done summer, athens 2004), and any excuse to get to korea is good enough for me.

xbhaskarx

Kurtofan said:
You honestly think North Korea would get to host the Olympics?
No I don't, I never said I thought this was Pyongyang, North Korea. But the headline should say South Korea instead of just Korea, as just "Korea" is not the name of either country. It's like saying Michael Jordan went to college in Carolina.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
xbhaskarx said:
No I don't, I never said I thought this was Pyongyang, North Korea. But the headline should say South Korea instead of just Korea, as just "Korea" is not the name of either country. It's like saying Michael Jordan went to college in Carolina.

North Carolina : South Carolina :: North Korea : South Korea?

;)

xbhaskarx

Peru said:
The country isn't officially called South Korea, though, but the Republic of Korea.
Right, well your title doesn't say Republic of Korea either, or DPRK or Best Korea or Starcraft Korea, it says just Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom