• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

2019 PC Screenshot Thread

Turk1993

Jan 13, 2018
Turk1993 Turk1993 pls don't get me wrong, I like the pictures themselves, but somethings kaputt with your images, very visible artifacting (ex: last image, upper edge of the spoiler). What image host are you using?
Im using Imgur for my images but thats not the problem, its the games bokeh rendering. In game you can see the artifactings also, it doesn't matter even in ultra settings its visible. The game has alot low quality effects like that and most of them are faked in the photomode wich looks fake like in the picture above. Tried my best but thats all i could get out of it 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Damien Crowley

BusierDonkey

Sep 21, 2018
It's much the same with Project Cars 2 and Forza 7. I've lost count of the amount of images I've taken that upon a closer look I've just deleted due to weird aliasing issues or shitty DOF effects messing up the edges of things. Shit like heat wash and tire smoke are rendered at a lower resolution, so when you're running in 1440 or 4K you get nasty shit aliasing when the effect is behind the vehicle. A lot of the screen space effects currently used make the issue even worse as they tend to leave an outline around objects from certain angles, fucking up shots.

Being an electronic virtual photographic engineer is a tough job. We should have our own civic holiday.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: MightySquirrel

BusierDonkey

Sep 21, 2018
This isn't a dig against your shots, as they are well composed, But is there any color in the game other than this pastel orange in the game?