• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 PC Screenshot Thread

The Outer Worlds
6RsVLtq.jpg

1mqDZtJ.jpg

Turk1993 Turk1993 pls don't get me wrong, I like the pictures themselves, but somethings kaputt with your images, very visible artifacting (ex: last image, upper edge of the spoiler). What image host are you using?

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Turk1993 Turk1993 pls don't get me wrong, I like the pictures themselves, but somethings kaputt with your images, very visible artifacting (ex: last image, upper edge of the spoiler). What image host are you using?
Im using Imgur for my images but thats not the problem, its the games bokeh rendering. In game you can see the artifactings also, it doesn't matter even in ultra settings its visible. The game has alot low quality effects like that and most of them are faked in the photomode wich looks fake like in the picture above. Tried my best but thats all i could get out of it 🤷‍♂️

It's much the same with Project Cars 2 and Forza 7. I've lost count of the amount of images I've taken that upon a closer look I've just deleted due to weird aliasing issues or shitty DOF effects messing up the edges of things. Shit like heat wash and tire smoke are rendered at a lower resolution, so when you're running in 1440 or 4K you get nasty shit aliasing when the effect is behind the vehicle. A lot of the screen space effects currently used make the issue even worse as they tend to leave an outline around objects from certain angles, fucking up shots.

Being an electronic virtual photographic engineer is a tough job. We should have our own civic holiday.

Last edited:
This isn't a dig against your shots, as they are well composed, But is there any color in the game other than this pastel orange in the game?

Twilight Princess, using Dolphin 5.0. Would've rather used the HD version on cemu, but then I'd have had to beat the game again and I just can't be assed

u5UZzpR.jpg

VMwHGzz.jpg

Markie

So, i noticed 3 people liked my second post but only 1 liked the first one with the darker image. Not that i care for likes but it made me wonder why, and as i'm obsessed with making my presets perfect, the contrast started bothering me again. Sometime ago i had a conversation with BusierDonkey here and decided to reduce the Curves contrast from 650 to 500, seems like that wasn't enough to make the colours deep while keeping the image bright... I decided to download the game again and start experimenting with Reshade yet again. Guess what, i just found out i never tried FakeHDR in this game. And that's the one thing that can bright up the whole image while retaining or even increasing color strenght, matching up with Curves well. :messenger_grinning:

I feel dumb now. Here i go again endlessly tweaking this thing. sigh :messenger_expressionless:

Markie

Cosmic Smash Cosmic Smash
The artwork on your last image reminds of the that new Wolfenstein game with the lesbian sisters

Edit: How do you mention an user properly?

Edit 2: oh i did it properly lol

Last edited:

Markie

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) + Reshade

49195012112_4d0c58052a_o_d.png

Here it is, my new WIP Reshade preset. Added FakeHDR, reduced Curves contrast, changed Curves mode from Luma to Luma+Chroma and reduced Clarity strenght... It looks a hell of a lot better, it's eye opening. Maybe not easy to spot the diffence in a screenshot alone but when you compare the new and old preset ingame the change is drastic. It's even weird to see how much worse it looked before when i actually thought it was almost perfect already and couldn't improve much more. :messenger_grinning:

Shadow of the Colossus, using PCSX2 v1.5. I don't care what anybody says, the original still looks better than the remake.
I will not see reason on this matter. Visuals>graphics.
p79RPCd.jpg

The weird ghosting effect is caused by a glitch in the postprocessing that happens when you increase the rendering resolution too much. The special effects get sort of displaced. Really annoying but there's no heping it and RPCS3 is no screenshot friendly. Yet.
iB3lQvl.jpg

Top Bottom