• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 PC Screenshot Thread

f9nWIOM.jpg

XnKs2G4.jpg

I think RDR2 is a fantastic looking game, but I still feel like the image is too soft and the lighting kinda flat. =/

Edit: TAA/bloom, maybe?

Last edited:

Markie

I think RDR2 is a fantastic looking game, but I still feel like the image is too soft and the lighting kinda flat. =/

I agree about the softness. To this day i still haven't seen a single screenshot from the XONE X that wasn't softer than i'd like even though it's native 4k, so i realized the TAA was just like that. But even on PC it still looks somewhat blurry... and that's with a sharpness slider. Rockstar really wanted to give the game a filmic look and make sure TAA wouldn't miss a single jagged line i guess.

Last edited:

sertopico

It is because ot the TAA for sure, that is why I am playing with some resolution upscaling (1.25 starting from 2k). That makes the image much sharper but the soft look is still there.

Sorry guys for posting so many images

Sorry for posting screenshots?

giphy.gif

More please.

Fallout 3 with my modding guide and HBAO+

49096944411_ac846ffabb_o_d.png

I'm assuming you're just getting started based on your location in that shot, so before you get too involved modding Fallout 3 I have a suggestion you may want to try. If you're not interested please disregard :messenger_grinning:

Have you heard of Tales of Two Wastelands? It's a mod for Fallout New Vegas that completely recreates Fallout 3 in the updated New Vegas engine. Everything is there from Fallout 3, but you start with a better looking game even before you add mods. For instance New Vegas has several graphical effects that Fallout 3 simply lacked. A lot of New Vegas mods work in TTW including a lot of UHD texture packs, ENBs like ENB of the Apocalypse, weather mods, and the clothing/weapon/character/setpiece mods are just plain better. On top of that it adds features like the companion wheel and improved gunplay to Fallout 3.

The downside is that setup takes a long time as it has to resample all of the audio from Fallout 3 to match the bitrate used in New Vegas (or you can skip that step and enjoy ear rape everytime someone speaks).

Markie

I'm assuming you're just getting started based on your location in that shot, so before you get too involved modding Fallout 3 I have a suggestion you may want to try. If you're not interested please disregard :messenger_grinning:

Have you heard of Tales of Two Wastelands? It's a mod for Fallout New Vegas that completely recreates Fallout 3 in the updated New Vegas engine. Everything is there from Fallout 3, but you start with a better looking game even before you add mods. For instance New Vegas has several graphical effects that Fallout 3 simply lacked. A lot of New Vegas mods work in TTW including a lot of UHD texture packs, ENBs like ENB of the Apocalypse, weather mods, and the clothing/weapon/character/setpiece mods are just plain better. On top of that it adds features like the companion wheel and improved gunplay to Fallout 3.

The downside is that setup takes a long time as it has to resample all of the audio from Fallout 3 to match the bitrate used in New Vegas (or you can skip that step and enjoy ear rape everytime someone speaks).

I'm not getting started on it, that "modding guide" i mentioned is literally a complete, full-fledged guide i have made and been supporting for almost 2 years now! And my guide's purpose is to mod and perfect Fallout 3 as much as possible without TTW. Thanks! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I'm not getting started on it, that "modding guide" i mentioned is literally a complete, full-fledged guide i have made and been supporting for almost 2 years now! And my guide's purpose is to mod and perfect Fallout 3 as much as possible without TTW. Thanks! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Well nevermind then... I thought I read you were using a guide, didn't realise it was your own guide :messenger_grinning_sweat: I've actually gone through your guide when I went back to modding Fallout 3!

Markie

Well nevermind then... I thought I read you were using a guide, didn't realise it was your own guide :messenger_grinning_sweat: I've actually gone through your guide when I went back to modding Fallout 3!

Oh wow, that's great to hear! :messenger_grinning:

Since you've used it before, i think you'd like to know that i'm working on a 1.5 update, possibly final and delayed until the end of the year. Some major improvements coming, the game will better than it could ever be.

Top Bottom