• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Tschumi

Gotta admit I really don't care about this game. I mean I'll watch any NFL game for the action but I dislike both teams (for no good reason I can remember!) and I've shoved the game onto the side screen next to my tv. I might even start playing on the ps5 and depend on the commentators sounding vaguely excited to see any good plays.

Amazingly the really good game next week in on thursday. Talk about going against the natural order of things. Now I've said that it'll be a 40-0 blowout of course.
i feel the same lol, actually i've liked both these teams in the past but both of them are lacking in cache without their star QBs :p

One of those weeks where Winston can't do anything... Maybe it'll be a game of two halves for him..

Tschumi

GAMEWEEK 8 PREDICTIONS

Okay, we're back, and I'm gonna fuckin' put in an effort and tabulate some results before I get into the fun part.
Score Coming In...
Tschumi = ⭐ ⭐
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important = ⭐⭐⭐⭐
ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion = ⭐⭐
Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés = ⭐
I'm going to leave calculating winning percentage to a time when I have more free time because I wanna redo it, table it up and have a better number.

Nobody_Important Nobody_Important had two of his least amazing weeks but he still managed to take away a star (alongside myself) last week with a ballsy Bengals pick against the Ravens. ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion being his usual slack self has nevertheless got 2 stars after a clear win in gameweek 6 - he got 10 picks right. Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés our latecoming savant has had high average scores but hasn't managed to win either gameweek :(

Aite, to the picks!

Hoooly shit.
Cardnals - Packers - I rather feel that all signs point to a Cards win here, and with Adams out I'm going with it.
Falcons - Panthers - The Falcons got a couple of wins in the last three gameweeks when I didn't back them, I feel like this is, again, a contest that's close enough for them to win. I'll have to double check injuries.
Colts - Titans - It'd be a brave man to bet against the Titans, but I'd have said the same about the Ravens last week. Still. I'll double check the Colts' run D.
Bills - Dolphins - Well this is a pretty easy pick to make, methinks, even in this world of brave upsets by underdogs.
Jets - Bengals - I'm not aware of Wilson's knee condition, I'll check that soon, but even if he is playing I don't see the Bengals failing here.
Browns - Steelers - This is probably because I'm as close to a Stilluhs fan as I am any team, god I love those helmet stripes... They've also got WATT?! and should be more effective against the less experienced Browns runners.
Lions - Eagles - It's picks like this that cost me winning totals, but dammit the Lions have got to get it together some time and the Eagles aren't looking crash hot. I think Goff will have a comeback of sorts from 2 flat weeks.
Texans - Rams - Not a hard pick, either.
Bears - 49ers - I think Jimmy G will bounce back. They may be missing Kittel though...
Chargers - Patriots - I wanna go for another one of these teams I'm basically a fan of, but the Chargers are one of the fire teams this season. I DO think the Pats are getting better every week.
Seahawks - Jaguars - This is an emotional pick, I just want Lawrence to have some fun... Still hard to back Geno.
Saints - Buccaneers - I've had Michael Thomas on my fantasy bench since week 1 expecting him to be back by now, but even if he were to come back fully fit and on fire I don't think the Saints could play a clean enough game.
Broncos - Washington - I dunno, very tough pick, I prefer Washington's weapons. QB Heinquarters to come good(ish).
Vikings - Cowboys - The Cowboys will fail, eventually, but it is not this day. (Well, that day)
Chiefs - Giants - Closer game than y'all may be expecting. I have to examine this fixture because Mahomes may be injured.

Good moooorning U-S-A! Let's gooooo!

Last edited:
1 star!!! :messenger_loudly_crying: I'm going to win this week or die trying.

Cards beat Packers. This is such a hard one to pick, I don't like betting against Rodgers but Adams is out and they're on the road.

Falcons beat Panthers. Darnold gave me less than 3 points in fantasy last week. May he continue sucking, that Jet reject.

The Buffalo Bills Crossdressers beat, imprison and sodomize the Tua "Clarisse" Dolphins. :messenger_downcast_sweat:

49ers beat the defenseless, toothless Bears

Steelers beat the injury ridden Browns

Lions beat Eagles. I'm going out on a limb here and bet on Dan the Manimal Campbell to get his first win of the season.

Titans beat Colts. I really want Tannehill to win a ring so he can jizz all over Stephen Ross

Bengals beat Jets. Every time the gang green loses my lifespan increases

Rams beat Texans

Chargers bear Bellicheat

The Deflater beat The Saints

Vikings beat Cowboys. They're both coming off a bye week but Minnesota is at home. It'll be a close game.

Chiefs beat Giants

Broncos beat Washington

Cards beat Packers - Cards have the edge with a healthier team. that said i would not be surprised if aaron jones jones off for 4 tds and a win XD

Falcons beat Panthers - Falcons typically contain the Panthers. Falcons stock on the rise. Panthers stock tumbling.

Bills beat Dolphins - the finz. 'nuff said.

49ers beat Bears - so little successful offense for the bears

Steelers beat Browns - i just lack the faith in browns offensive weapons to pull out a win.

Lions beat Eagles. coin toss imo. I want to say eagles, but i like me an underdog.

Colts beat Titans.
Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

Bengals beat Jets. not sure who the more pitiful organization is. Finz, Jets, or Bears.

Rams beat Texans

Chargers beat Pats

Buccs beat The Saints - sorry jameis. youre only winning if brady has an off day.

Cowboys beat Vikings. both have stud rbs. both have great receivers. comes down to Dak vs. Cousins (and def of course) I'm putting my faith in Dak though

Chiefs beat Giants

Broncos beat Washington

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I hate this game. I will pick Warrior god Aaron Rodgers to win, but I am not that confident.

Tschumi Tschumi I will do the rest of my picks this weekend.

Tschumi

F*ck me for revising my pick last minute

>>this post made after Jones's second TD, then ruled out, now the Cards are favourites ... despite high snap<<

Last edited:

Tschumi

0_0

holy shit

I don't think picks get any more skillful than that lol

Who woulda thought that Rodgers would have a kinda meh game, when everybody was saying only a superman Rodgers performance could win it

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

GAMEWEEK 8 PREDICTIONS

Okay, we're back, and I'm gonna fuckin' put in an effort and tabulate some results before I get into the fun part.
Score Coming In...
Tschumi = ⭐ ⭐
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important = ⭐⭐⭐⭐
ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion = ⭐⭐
Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés = ⭐
I'm going to leave calculating winning percentage to a time when I have more free time because I wanna redo it, table it up and have a better number.

Nobody_Important Nobody_Important had two of his least amazing weeks but he still managed to take away a star (alongside myself) last week with a ballsy Bengals pick against the Ravens. ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion being his usual slack self has nevertheless got 2 stars after a clear win in gameweek 6 - he got 10 picks right. Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés our latecoming savant has had high average scores but hasn't managed to win either gameweek :(

Aite, to the picks!

Hoooly shit.
Cardnals - Packers - I rather feel that all signs point to a Cards win here, and with Adams out I'm going with it.
Falcons - Panthers - The Falcons got a couple of wins in the last three gameweeks when I didn't back them, I feel like this is, again, a contest that's close enough for them to win. I'll have to double check injuries.
Colts - Titans - It'd be a brave man to bet against the Titans, but I'd have said the same about the Ravens last week. Still. I'll double check the Colts' run D.
Bills - Dolphins - Well this is a pretty easy pick to make, methinks, even in this world of brave upsets by underdogs.
Jets - Bengals - I'm not aware of Wilson's knee condition, I'll check that soon, but even if he is playing I don't see the Bengals failing here.
Browns - Steelers - This is probably because I'm as close to a Stilluhs fan as I am any team, god I love those helmet stripes... They've also got WATT?! and should be more effective against the less experienced Browns runners.
Lions - Eagles - It's picks like this that cost me winning totals, but dammit the Lions have got to get it together some time and the Eagles aren't looking crash hot. I think Goff will have a comeback of sorts from 2 flat weeks.
Texans - Rams - Not a hard pick, either.
Bears - 49ers - I think Jimmy G will bounce back. They may be missing Kittel though...
Chargers - Patriots - I wanna go for another one of these teams I'm basically a fan of, but the Chargers are one of the fire teams this season. I DO think the Pats are getting better every week.
Seahawks - Jaguars - This is an emotional pick, I just want Lawrence to have some fun... Still hard to back Geno.
Saints - Buccaneers - I've had Michael Thomas on my fantasy bench since week 1 expecting him to be back by now, but even if he were to come back fully fit and on fire I don't think the Saints could play a clean enough game.
Broncos - Washington - I dunno, very tough pick, I prefer Washington's weapons. QB Heinquarters to come good(ish).
Vikings - Cowboys - The Cowboys will fail, eventually, but it is not this day. (Well, that day)
Chiefs - Giants - Closer game than y'all may be expecting. I have to examine this fixture because Mahomes may be injured.

Good moooorning U-S-A! Let's gooooo!
Panthers over Falcons
Titans over Colts
Bills over Dolphins
Bengals over Jets
Browns over Steelers
Eagles over Lions
Rams over Texans
Bears over Niners
Patriots over Chargers
Jags over Seahawks
Buccs over Saints
Broncos over Washington
Cowboys over Vikings
Chiefs over Giants

No specifics again. Sorry. Not feeling well.

Tschumi

This week reminds me why the NFL is great and u can't take predictions too seriously :p I got a bunch of picks wrong but i love the stories involved in the flips lol

I could, but being in Japan i feel awkward trying to arrange a draft time

Love the idea
I think it's doable. Japan is around 13 hours ahead from where am at. We can do it on a weekend. Sunday at 10am for you would be around 9pm US Eastern time and 6 pm Pacific time on Saturday night. Maybe my math is completely off but I think we can pull it off. Folks in Europe are screwed though lol.

Tschumi

I think it's doable. Japan is around 13 hours ahead from where am at. We can do it on a weekend. Sunday at 10am for you would be around 9pm US Eastern time and 6 pm Pacific time on Saturday night. Maybe my math is completely off but I think we can pull it off. Folks in Europe are screwed though lol.
that's what i tried in my league with my bro in NY state, i missed the start of the draft and lost my hold on kelce :p dammit

Nobody_Important

Tschumi Tschumi Praise the sun? Nah man. Never good for a potential MVP to go down like that. Especially one in the middle of such an entertaining and potentially historic season.

Tschumi

Tschumi Tschumi Praise the sun? Nah man. Never good for a potential MVP to go down like that. Especially one in the middle of such an entertaining and potentially historic season.
I dunno exactly what that reaction is supposed to be but for me in this case it was something like this:

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Like wow what a big deal
It's not fun that's for sure

Last edited:
I dunno exactly what that reaction is supposed to be but for me in this case it was something like this:

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Like wow what a big deal
It's not fun that's for sure
For me "Praise the Sun" is used when someone says something obvious that you agree with. That gif of Michael Scott saying thank you comes to mind when I use that reaction but I could be wrong.

Back on topic, that really sucks for Henry and the Titans. He was having a fantastic season.

Top Bottom