• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2023 Hype Train

I’m looking forward to the inevitable “well, 2023 was a bust but 2024 looks totally lit” threads.

All games will be delayed then it will be "2024 hype train"

I've heard that song before
giphy.gif

Lady Jane

Banned
As someone who prefers multiplayer, the only game I'm looking forward too is Payday 3. Hopefully Overkill's greed has cooled down a bit but I don't have high hopes.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Starfield
Star wars survivor
TLOU MP
Forza 8
Redfall
Playdeads next game
Spiderman 2

What are sonys big 2023 games beside spiderman 2 + tlouMP?

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Starfield
Star wars survivor
TLOU MP
Forza 8
Redfall
Playdeads next game
Spiderman 2

What are sonys big 2023 games beside spiderman 2 + tlouMP?
Next year will probably look similar to this for PS

1P
Spider-man 2
TLOU mp
Firesprite's AAA game
Pixelopus new game
A Bluepoint remake or DS DLC
Horizon VR

3P
Final Fantasy XVI
Final Fantasy 7 rebirth
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Eternights

Sosokrates

Next year will probably look similar to this for PS

1P
Spider-man 2
TLOU mp
Firesprite's AAA game
Pixelopus new game
A Bluepoint remake or DS DLC
Horizon VR

3P
Final Fantasy XVI
Final Fantasy 7 rebirth
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Eternights

Pretty sure PSVR2 is launching next year, so that will probably take a lot of sonys out put.

Hobbygaming

Pretty sure PSVR2 is launching next year, so that will probably take a lot of sonys out put.
I don't think they'll allocate too much of their 1st party to VR, it'll probably be Firesprite + Fabrik, Sony London and maybe Asobi

I can see a lot of 3rd party PSVR 2 games though

Last edited:

Sosokrates

I don't think they'll allocate too much of their 1st party to VR, it'll probably be Firesprite + Fabrik, Sony London and maybe Asobi

I can see a lot of 3rd party PSVR 2 games though

You would think They will allocate the most they are going to allocate in the launch years, to try and attract customers.

Hobbygaming

You would think They will allocate the most they are going to allocate in the launch years, to try and attract customers.
That's what the 3rd party deals will do, the stuff like Resident Evil 4 VR, Resident Evil Village VR and the others.

Don't count on Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, etc. making anything other than maybe an occasional VR mode for their PS5 titles

Sosokrates

That's what the 3rd party deals will do, the stuff like Resident Evil 4 VR, Resident Evil Village VR and the others.

Don't count on Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, etc. making anything other than maybe an occasional VR mode for their PS5 titles

Thats part of the problem with sonys (and others) VR approach, they are not willing to back it the same way they do a console. Its a one foot in one foot out approach.

Hobbygaming

Thats part of the problem with sonys (and others) VR approach, they are not willing to back it the same way they do a console. Its a one foot in one foot out approach.
It's smart imo. There will still be plenty of talent making PSVR 2 games but the bulk of the studios will be making PS5 games

Sosokrates

It's smart imo. There will still be plenty of talent making PSVR 2 games but the bulk of the studios will be making PS5 games

Its smart if they want to keep the installbase of there VR less then the gamecube.

Why should VR be treated differently to any other platform?

I know why, because its unproven and sony (and others) are not willing to take the risk.

I think they should put insomniac,ND, Sucker punch etc making $100 million games for PSVR2. Make it so compelling that it has a 2.1 ratio with PS5 consoles.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

Its smart if they want to keep the installbase of there VR less then the gamecube.

Why should VR be treated to any other platform?

I know why, because its unproven and sony (and others) are not willing to take the risk.

I think they should put insomniac,ND, Sucker punch etc making $100 million games for PSVR2. Make it so compelling that it has a 2.1 ratio with PS5 consoles.
It wouldn't be a smart business move risk wise

Sosokrates

It wouldn't be a smart business move risk wise
Indeed.

But its a sort of chicken an egg scenario, you could say the same thing about consoles, it would be less risky if sony+ms did not invest in there best AAA games, but they do that to drive installbase to higher numbers.

dorkimoe

thanks for this thread, and thanks for LINKING to stuff. I hadnt heard of a few and easier to just click the image and see what it is

e0n

I don't have a good feeling about the big rpgs: either one of dragon age 4, avowed, or bg3 will probably go to 2024.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Wonder if CA will release the next historical Total War game in 2023?

If so, rumors are it's a reboot of Medieval or Med 3. If that's true, then that will be my most anticipated game of a time. I'd even fork out for a PC just to play it.

GenericUser

Starfield, Forza Motorsport 8, Resident Evil 4 - all in the first 3 month of 2023 (presumably). I don't remember the last time, so many great games came out in such a short amount of time.

Diablo 4 and FF7 Remake part 2 later that year. Altough I disliked FF7 remake part 1, I can't help but being excited to at least SEE how square tries to do the open world part. Diablo 4 seems to be a no brainer for me, I loved Diablo 3 and the new game looks even sicker.

Tekken 8 might come as well. There was a "leaked" image a couple of days ago and EVO is right around the corner. Perfect time for an announcement. Ready to wavedash and EWGF - dorya!!
I also hope the xbox teams have one or two surprises up their sleves. Microsoft has a shitton of studios, they must be working on something.
A Resident Evil 4 remake? Lolwut
It has been confirmed to release on march 28th, I think. It's a full remake of the original, just like the RE2 Remake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom