• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 | Track your spending

Track your current spend

• =< $100

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • $101 - $450

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • $451 - $750

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • $751 - $1000

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • $1001 - $1250

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • $1251 - $1500

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • $1501 - $1750

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • $1751 - $2000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2001 - $2500

• $2501 - $3000

• $3001 - $3500

• $3501 - $4000

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • $4001 - $4500

• $4501 - $5000

• >= $5001

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

Bartski

Gold Member
Recently did the math on my bank app how much I exactly spent on gaming in 2023. Scary stuff. If the PS5 Pro is real 2024 should be even worse, I love it.

So far I've spent zero but I've preordered pulse explore buds and getting Part 2 remastered for a tenner.

Will check in for monthly updates

Last edited:

NeonDelta

was about to list a few then noticed I bought them last week not this week.

January (£14.35)
AUTOMOBILISTA 2 - Steam - £5.19 (cdkeys)
Last of us part 2 upgrade ps5 £5 (used £5 credit from ps stars)
Hellblade 1 steam £2.49
Fire watch steam £1.67

February
PSPlus Premium - £48 (using cheap gift card deal and some Cashback I had through work portal)
Maniac Mansion steam £1.74

Last edited:

Del_X

Nothing yet but I probably spent like $2k on games and the deck OLED last year and $4k on my 4090 rig in 2022. Don't anticipate spending anywhere near that much this year since now I have a gigantic backlog.

Isa

The AI spitting truth bombs.
Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

I thought I'd have a cheaper year since I've nearly sworn off the west's output until its appealing to me and on sale if at all lol. Then Japan and their neighbors decided to bring the heat this year. The beginning of the year is going to be a banger for me and I can only imagine what else is in store. I'm estimating 3-6k range with collector's editions, but who knows what else might trip my trigger. Some arcade classics and stuff tends to spike my interest.

So far,
Time Gal
Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth
Persona 3make
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Unicorn Overlord
Eiyuden Chronicle
A few arcade classics on PSN, a few titles on Switch and PC I've forgotten.

Weirdly, ever since I decided on collecting physical media late last year, I've spent more on Films, Shows and Anime and think I'll end up doing the same this year as well. So far its been a fun investment with many titles appreciating in value. Also several books and manga. Fun times.

Robb

Gold Member
Not sure if this is something I want to know.. Especially if “Switch 2” and Ps5 Pro both release this year..
goodmorning-jonah-hill.gif

Shifty1897

Great idea for a thread. My goal is to spend less than $200 this year on gaming... Unless I buy a Switch 2, then it's gonna be $700 or less.

Already spent ~30 on a discounted Sea of Stars...

Last edited:

avin

I'm proud of myself, I've spent nothing so far this year.

yes, reserved, I'll update this later, maybe, if I'm able, and my family hasn't locked me away somewhere so I don't spend the kids' college funds.

avin

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Well nothing so far as 2024 isn't that old yet, but i am saving for a new PC which ill have enough by the end of the year, so it will jump up quite a bit then.

ReyBrujo

Geez, not gonna keep updating here because it would depress me lol Been ages since I played any game, bought my Switch in November so decided to fetch as many games (mostly RPGs) as I could find around here so maybe USD 2000-2500 in two months, and maybe 50 in digital copies. First buy was a Final Fantasy VII & VIII Twin Pack, Tales of Symphonia, Rune Factory 5, Atelier Sophie 2 and Bayonetta 1 pack for UDS 230.

30rkzCi.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Infinite Wealth and GB Relink on PS5 as well? If so those are great prices lol. Where did you get your pre-orders from? And do they ship to other EU countries?

Yeah, all PS5. It's a store here in Portugal that from time to time does a Take 3 games only Pay 2 promotion, where they offer you the cheapest game you choose, in this case it was GB Fantasy Relink.

Since all games haven't come out yet, it's 15% discount from pre-ordering, plus the Take 3 games only Pay 2 promotion applied.

You can look at this two ways: I totally got GB Fantasy Relink for free and paid full price for Infinite Wealth and Rebirth, or you grab the total value I paid and divide by all 3, thus the 42€ per game.

Unfortunately they don't cheap outside Portugal.

Yeah, all PS5. It's a store here in Portugal that from time to time does a Take 3 games only Pay 2 promotion, where they offer you the cheapest game you choose, in this case it was GB Fantasy Relink.

Since all games haven't come out yet, it's 15% discount from pre-ordering, plus the Take 3 games only Pay 2 promotion applied.

You can look at this two ways: I totally got GB Fantasy Relink for free and paid full price for Infinite Wealth and Rebirth, or you grab the total value I paid and divide by all 3, thus the 42€ per game.

Unfortunately they don't cheap outside Portugal.
Thanks for the response. I must say that the game shop you're buying your PS5 games from has some pretty sweet pre-orders deals (gotta love physical). :)

Last edited:

raduque

Since the 1st, about $86 I bought a game on sale on Epic, a game on sale on Steam, and 3 game on my Quest 2.

Last edited:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Geez, not gonna keep updating here because it would depress me lol Been ages since I played any game, bought my Switch in November so decided to fetch as many games (mostly RPGs) as I could find around here so maybe USD 2000-2500 in two months, and maybe 50 in digital copies. First buy was a Final Fantasy VII & VIII Twin Pack, Tales of Symphonia, Rune Factory 5, Atelier Sophie 2 and Bayonetta 1 pack for UDS 230.

30rkzCi.jpg
So you were the one buying all of my Switch listings on eBay.

I've made 2 additional game purchases these past few days. Another Code Recollection for the Switch (€50) and Granblue Fantasy: Relink - Day One Edition for the PS5 (€60). Both physicals.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Games of the Month

61kR8CBn1XL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

50$

91z5JYtUZAS._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

45$

The Diamond of Diamonds!!!

Again

gravity-rush-remastered-457257.1.jpg

50$

My copy number 5 xDDDD.

AND.....

As an expert video gamer who never listens to video game reviews, I want to experience hardcore for myself, so I decided that for 15 dollars, I will support Daedalic... and we'll see what the quality of the game is like xD.

s-l1600.jpg

15$

:messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Finally getting serious with my PC build. Picking up an AIO cooler, case, fans and PSU soon. Bought motherboard, CPU and RAM last week.

Should be hitting the $1200 mark in Jan.

reinking

Gold Member
No way I am doing this. I am not even married but I know I am better off trying to remember how much I spend and forgetting a few things than having it here in black and white.

Quasicat

It’s the end of January and I picked up Shredder’s Revenge for Steam at $21 and $17 for Game Pass. I have two Nintendo vouchers that I picked up with some Christmas money that I’m holding onto them until the next Direct in case the Zelda Oracle remake is real and I can use one on that. I’m hoping to make this year cheap after picking up the Steam Deck OLED last year.

Top Bottom