• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 | Track your spending

Track your current spend

• =< $100

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • $101 - $450

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • $451 - $750

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • $751 - $1000

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • $1001 - $1250

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • $1251 - $1500

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • $1501 - $1750

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • $1751 - $2000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2001 - $2500

• $2501 - $3000

• $3001 - $3500

• $3501 - $4000

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • $4001 - $4500

• $4501 - $5000

• >= $5001

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

tommib

UjJaqsU.jpg

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
For 2024?

$0 so far.

Every day I say to the kids "you got a ton of new games for Christmas (Quest 3, PS5 games, Switch games) so don't dare ask for anything for several months."

Although I guess our subscriptions on each platform add up to a little; regular Switch online, PS Plus, and Quest Plus. Damn.

Killer8

Eh, I am usually pleasantly surprised whenever I see what I spend on gaming. Between Game Pass, deep discounts within just a few months of release, and the RRP of games not rising as fast with inflation, it's a pretty cheap hobby.

xrnzaaas

It's definitely going to be a lighter year for me. I want to avoid the disappointment of buying more broken day1 games (fuck you Forza and WRC) and at least try to work on making my backlog smaller.

Software:
Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth - 55$
Daymare 1998 - 6$
Beyond Good & Evil HD - 3$

Hardware:
A500 Mini - 100$

Bought KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Love For These Clothes Of Desire! for PS4 the other day - €45 including shipping.

Oh shit, I almost forgot. I've also pre-ordered Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Deluxe Edition for a cool €90.

81LRDJFRWlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

EkvDbro.png

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
Pre-ordered the Dark Souls Trilogy Compendium limited edition. Figured I didn't need nor really want it, but cancelling my pre-order seems to be near impossible considering you have send an email, which Future Press doesn't seem to read. So unless they decide to respond somewhere this month I've got a book I don't want and a wallet that's 60 bucks lighter.

Like and subscribe for more (y).

twilo99

~$120 for a year of gamepass is all the “industry” is getting out of me unless Phil makes me pay for CoD again

Finally managed to get a copy of Outast Trinity here locally which cost me €15

81sOQx1s6+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Oh and I also snagged Wanted: Dead - Collector's Edition for €35.

812NiTVA4cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Editing this post as I just picked up Helldivers 2 as well for €32.

81wzR34hn0L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
As some who is playing through all the games and just finished Torna, you're looking at about 350 hours of JRPG goodness.

As for me, +$44 on Helldivers for a grand total of $77 so far this year.
Starting with the first game this week. I was slogging through Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but fuck that shit.

Also bought Pocket Card Jockey: Ride On!, which is fun as hell (and digital, so no photo here). Best 15 bucks I've spent in ages

Was meaning to do this since a while now... so I pulled the trigger and bought all these Switch Fire Emblem games including the latest Warriors one.
Don't give me any ideas, my backlog is insane as it is.

Last edited:
Gotta start March on the right foot with a few video game purchases. :p

Unicorn Overlord pre-order (physical) - €50

81tu6ecBogL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Under the Waves Deluxe Edition (physical) - €25

61NlH6S1PtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Lies of P (physical) - €25

81rpq3N4y6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm trying to do $80 CAD ($60 USD) per month this year, so far so good two months in. Trade-in credit doesn't count. Had to get a little creative with some trade-in credit for FFVII Rebirth.

January:
Prince of Persia ($61)
Spirit Hunters ($10)
Eastward: Octopia ($7)

February:
Ultros ($35)
Balatro ($20)
FFVII Rebirth ($23 after trade credit)

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
8166gjYKI-S.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

25$

71CVPn65SXL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

20$
81HDc+pPwbL._AC_SX342_SY445_.jpg

20$

D_NQ_NP_2X_813773-MLU73835477678_012024-F.webp

30$

cover_1.jpg

130$

BTW.... I bought the Avengers game because I will meet the actor Lou Ferrigno so he can autograph it for me, in 2 weeks.

The Star wars Jedi Fallen Order .....I'm going to meet Ivanna Sakhno and also he will autograph me, I didn't find her Ashoka figure, And I refuse to buy those shitty Funko figures, so I'm going to bring the game, I don't think there will be any problem, in 2 weeks...

And the TMNT game, I already had it... but maybe in 2 weeks I will meet Kevin Eastman, so he can autograph it for me.

Last edited:

TheStam

Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth Deluxe Edition - 65 EUR
STONKS-9800 Stock Market Simulator - 7,31 EUR
Octopath Traveller 2 - 35 EUR
Balatro - 12,59 EUR

Total 120 EUR

End of last year I bought way too many games that went straight to the backlog. The "new Steam Deck effect". So I made a promise to myself to hold back this year. It's going pretty well so far, the only straight-to-backlog game have been Stonks, which seems cool, but feels like something I will probably never get into. The other 3 are real bangers, although I didn't need to get the Deluxe Edition for Infinite Wealth, of course I never bothered with NG+ and probably never will.

Gonna try hard to not do excessive games purchases this year and limit myself to games I really want to play at once like Dragons Dogma 2 and Shadow of the Erdtree.

Also I have realized that I only seem to play RPGs and Roguelikes (mainly deckbuilders) with the odd AAA action and multiplayer game thrown in, nothing else seems to stick these days. So no point buying other genres anymore. No more metroidvanias, strategy games, horror games, singleplayer FPS games as I just don't have fun with those genres anymore.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Oh okay. So all those game pick-ups were for getting them signed by the voice over actors? Makes sense then.
Yes, I will also meet the person who voiced Zelda Breath of the Wild and the actors from the Mario Bros. movie, but I already have the Mario games, I'll take them... I'm going to an event similar to a Cómic con but in Mexico.

Last edited:

Alpha Male

So far this year - about $1100

Steam Deck OLED

Game Pass Ultimate monthly

Xbox games: $210

PlayStation games: $0

Steam games: $280

I'll be getting a PS5 Pro at launch ...

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Still keeping my post up-to-date.

TL;DR - I'm at $998.32, although $633.29 of that was a splitter device I needed to output my video to a new OLED TV, and my audio to a surround sound. My OLED TV doesn't pass through DTS, and my surround sound doesn't support VRR. I needed the splitter to have the best of both worlds.

Here's my most recent game purchases (all physicals):

Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection (Xbox One) - €8

81j-I30Ew4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

AVICII Invector Encore Edition (PS4) - €8

41qJLPDeBgS._AC_.jpg

Harvestella (Switch) - €25

81Zs6Y96e1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Dragon's Dogma 2 pre-order (PS5) - €50

81pHHqsKK9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

EruditeHobo

So far:
- Tekken 8
- Helldivers II
- FF7 Rebirth

Planning on getting through FF7R before getting Unicorn Overlord.
Will probably wait for Stellar Blade, not feeling the need to get it close to release.
Won't be long before I finally dive in to Spider-Man 2, though.

Last edited:

Flyinmunky

I'm actually up money this year as sold launch PS5 and Rebirth for £350. I had PS5 at launch for under £350 as friend got me discount and rebirth was £52 online so not bad really.

For me it was right time to sell as cant see anything I want this summer and probably this year (I do have a gaming PC)

Was holding out for rebirth and Last of Us factions. Now both done I cash in and jump back in when PS5 Pro drops.

Heimdall_Xtreme

These 2 days I met some artists.

rE4jzte.jpg

Grace Caroline Fulton, she autographed the game Injustice 2 for me

RyDxWcQ.jpg

Lou ferrigno autographed the Avengers game for me

3wKqY1o.jpg

Ivanna Sakhno autographed the Avengers game for me

278Trl2.jpg

I met Kevin Eastman from TMNT and the Latin America Cast

XZJaKNW.jpg

9rTI7Az.jpg

1WgoCM2.jpg

jJgAqPq.jpg

Zelda's voice from Latin Spanish from BOTW, Age of Calamity and ToTk

f0ztIRX.jpg

Alexandra Vicencio, a video game presenter in Latin America, taught her the game of my life. Gravity rush

kWCZ6ps.jpg
rA4UiBu.jpg

The cast of the Mario Bros. movie in Latin America, complete.

6zoscVS.jpg
uR0GIsw.jpg

Broly, Cell and Mr satan, Crocodile's , voice from Dragon quest in Latin Spanish

Gq9MPyZ.jpg

The famous Excuse me princess from Link... Zelda

mef9CB6.jpg

The cast of Latin America of Dragon Ball....

0A6Jy7U.jpg

Haaaalp, I need to stop buying video games. :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Anyway, here are the 6 new physicals that I bought in the past few days.

Prodeus (PS5) - €20

817UOzeK5uL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Afterimage: Deluxe Edition (PS5) - €22

81hQ9XDRyML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Fate Samurai Remnant (PS4) - €25

91ftEgPsCVL._SL1500_.jpg

Mato Anomalies Day One Edition (PS5) - €10

81nbRwFTX4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Anno 1800 Console Edition (XSX) - €10

8100C+qcwTL._SL1500_.jpg

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (XBO) - €10

71GYsd8z-ML._AC_SL1215_.jpg

Last edited:
I recently pre-ordered a couple of physicals that I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this month.

Talos Principle 2 Deluxe Edition (PS5) - €35

712PXrPQ0IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A Space for the Unbound (Switch) - €40

817xPRPW5uL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom