• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22 dead, 59 injured in Manchester Arena explosion (Being treated as an attack)

MaxSnake1

Neo Member
I hope everybody would be ok, but c'mon man they are just kids, I hope it's not an act of terrorism because if so it's really barbaric even for terrorists,

Sooooooo....according to an eye witness on BBC News (inside the venue), the concert had just ended when the "noise" occurred. And then someone screamed "it's a bomb" and then panic ensured.

She reports that there was no smoke, light, or smell from the noise....just the "sound."

That video from inside the Arena didn't showed any smoke or any visible damage.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sooooooo....according to an eye witness on BBC News (inside the venue), the concert had just ended when the "noise" occurred. And then someone screamed "it's a bomb" and then panic ensured.

She reports that there was no smoke, light, or smell from the noise....just the "sound " (from her point of view, at least)

Wow, if true. they need to figure out who yelled bomb and prosecute.

Just a guess, but what if both those tweets are right? Those balloons exploded and maybe didn't hurt people but instead the panic caused people to get hurt in the ensuing trampling.

That's precisely what people are concerned happened though. Nobody thinks a balloon killed people, though I guess it depends on the size and whether it contained flammable material.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Other than a one sceond mention, nothing on CNN. God, you guys hate Trump that much?

People get on CNN when they play up stories without any information and now you're mad that they're focusing on another breaking story with more information to speak about.

Mully

HANDBOOK.JPG

PizzaFace

Banned

She reports that there was no smoke, light, or smell from the noise....just the "sound " (from her point of view, at least)

Dashcam footage certainly shows a large light source along with the bang sound....

Hex

Banned
From what I've been told it wasn't an accident.

See, the reason all of these people are asking about your source is that this is not 4chan or reddit.
People pretending to have insider information puts a spotlight on them whether it is gaming or not gaming which is good otherwise everyone would "have someone" and rumors would go stupid.
So...if you have a source it is generally in your best interest to say something.

Sooooooo....according to an eye witness on BBC News, the concert had just ended when the "noise" occurred. And then someone screamed "it's a bomb" and then panic ensured.

She reports that there was no smoke, light, or smell from the noise....just the "sound."
Unbelievable. This is terrible either way but even more saddening if it's caused by reckless people stampeding and panicking over an incident.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
See, the reason all of these people are asking about your source is that this is not 4chan or reddit.
People pretending to have insider information puts a spotlight on them whether it is gaming or not gaming which is good otherwise everyone would "have someone" and rumors would go stupid.
So...if you have a source it is generally in your best interest to say something.

It's not insider information. I'll edit.

Wes

venison crêpe
Horrific news to hear of fatalaties and many injuries. Seems like a lot not known at the moment still but hope as many people are as safe as possible.

Woman on BBC News now saying a lot of people were injured trying to get out of the arena in the ensuing rush.

RulkezX

The odds of their being multiple fatalities from just that is I think pretty low of that is what he meant. We'll see, but I feel that's a grasp towards optimism

There hee been incidents before with mass fatalities from stampedes. The Ibrox disaster for one.

That must be a pretty fucking big gas filled balloon to make that flash and for a member to hear it from 250 metres away in their house.

Audioboxer

Just tuning in to this on BBC news, fucking hell, it's kids.

No cause for the explosion yet. It has been confirmed it was an explosion.

MIMIC

Banned
BBC reporting that there is no "cause" of the explosion just yet, but it apparently happened near the box office area.

Top Bottom