• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Legacy |OT| Designated Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tainted

Just finished binge watching the season and pretty disappointed tbh. It lacked the tension/intensity of a typical 24 season....it just felt so by the numbers. The ending felt rushed and contrived.

I'm not fussed either way if it gets renewed for a 2nd season. I'll watch it if it does, on the hope it is better than S1 but will not miss it if it doesn't.

VPhys

Last episode was definitely underwhelming especially comparing to the one last week, but I'll give it a pass because I know they had to wrap things up. They did a good job of setting things up for the next season which I definitely hope comes.

I was totally caught off guard by the whole 12 hour fast forward thing until I remembered this season was only going to be 12 episodes.

liquidtmd

Banned
2018: "And we were in the writers room writing this generic janitor character the heroes meet in episode 2 when we had this great idea. I mean genius. Let's make the janitor Jack Bauer. You know, by not telling the audience how he got back from Russia and have him not really act like Jack Bauer, we could inspire the audience to want to watch this character they've become accustomed to act and behave totally differently, performing run of the mill tasks whilst the new guys shine in the spotlight"

Fuck off 24 Legacy writers.

Daffy Duck

I feel for the cast, I think they could be good, but they were robbed of a good story.

Tony was so pathetic. He spent a couple of episodes torturing someone but didn't get information from it, then turns down some foreign job at the last minute while packing his bags, then goes on a mission to kill a little girl and ends up with a broken arm and lets the girl get away.

The whole season was just completely uneventful. Old 24 would be throwing in twists and turns every episode and kept you on your toes, this didn't have anything interesting happen all season.

They simply don't have the time to do that with his cut down format though, and they probably don't have the ideas to do a full season.

Meier

First half was a little uneven but the second half has really kicked into high gear. One thing that just sort of occurred to me at the 11th episode..the real time aspect has meant essentially nothing this season. There's no eminent bomb or deadline, etc. thus far so it really has just sort of played out like a regular show would. There are references to time and things of that nature, but it's rarely played an actual driving force. Kind of a shame really.

Either way, I've been very pleasantly surprised as I said with the second half. Looking forward to seeing how things finish up.

Edit: Finished the final episode -- I enjoyed it. I think they closed out the season well. I hope it gets picked up for another one.. I think they found their feet. Glad there were minimal moles and that nonsense was mostly not an issue.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Don't bother with the anthology stuff.

Just wait until Designated Survivor is done and give us a new season of 24 that perhaps brings in Eric to work alongside Jack.

Arttemis

This season was a parody. There main character is black so they thought they could get away with the utter ridiculous of having gang bangers run a drive by on terrorists. Total disappointment.

Maddocks

Should be 24 with Tony and him rebuilding a merc group called Diamond Dogs and then when they break Jack out of jail, change the group to Outer Heaven.

Kadin

Came in to see what I missed after I gave up on the show pretty quick to see it was cancelled. Too bad but it's hard to say I didn't see it coming. The show just lacked... interesting characters, especially the lead role.

Designated Survivor though... very happy with that show.

sarcastor

24: Live Another Day was so fucking good. From Jack kneecapping random pedestrains to throwing people out of fucking windows.

24: Legacy was so boring, I haven't even finished watching it :(

Bishop89

the shorter 12 episode season and no jack really put the nail in the coffin.

even Season 9 was horrible due to the shorter episode count, it was just awful.

ZeoVGM

Banned

What.

Day 9 was fantastic. One of the best seasons and the shorter episode count only helped it.

ibyea

Banned
I don't mind they cancelled it. Honestly, no 24 season is more evident of the fact that they ran out of steam than this one.

No way, season 9 is top 3 24 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom