• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

26 years later, that Jordan dunk is still amazing as ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vince Carter's dunk over Frédéric Weis (7'2") is the most impressive dunk I've ever seen:
vcdunk3.gif

Not many dunks involve a mid air T-Bag. This one did.

badb0y

Since I am a younger dude and didn't watch Michael Jordan much growing up my favorite dunk is by Kobe Bryant where he posterized Dwight Howard. Literally, deez nuts on your face moment right there.
kobe_dunks_over_dwight_howard.jpg

J.T

Banned
Since I am a younger dude and didn't watch Michael Jordan much growing up my favorite dunk is by Kobe Bryant where he posterized Dwight Howard. Literally, deez nuts on your face moment right there.
kobe_dunks_over_dwight_howard.jpg
My dude. Was hoping to make this my avatar. Kobe top 10 dunker as well.

bionic77

Everyone knows that Jordan's dunks were 95% from the shoes.

Everything about the man is suspect.

I mean he couldn't shoot 3s so the NBA shortened it to what high school kids so MJ could actually make one in a game.

I will credit him with one thing. Bringing back the leather suit. Previously it was only acceptable for pimps and rock stars from the 70s to wear such clothing. Thanks to MJ now any angry drunk can step out with a leather suit and leave a $5 dollar tip on a $200 bill.

Smokey

I mean he couldn't shoot 3s so the NBA shortened it to what high school kids so MJ could actually make one in a game.

I will credit him with one thing. Bringing back the leather suit. Previously it was only acceptable for pimps and rock stars from the 70s to wear such clothing. Thanks to MJ now any angry drunk can step out with a leather suit and leave a $5 dollar tip on a $200 bill.

my boy bionic right on schedule

Spinluck

This now officially a Michael Jordan thread.

Dali

Vince Carter jumped clear over a 7' Russian dude. That is the end of argument in game dunk winner. Period.

Edit :
Apparently I'm not the only person that remembers that.

Krejlooc

Banned
The footwork on this one always mesmerizes me. The way he slides his right foot into position to turn the corner is amaaaazing. Might be a travel but whatevs, it's so slick

I know it's not a dunk, but if we're talking footwork, nothing beats this:

Z59LU8X.gif

That's against the league MVP in the semi-finals.

dunks are always to the offensive's advantage anyway.

dunker is coming in with momentum and speed so force is always bigger, defender is only moving vertically so kinetic motion is less powerful.

Jordan's best highlight reel plays were never dunks, anyway.

He could release the ball five different ways once he got up in the air, and he was in the air longer than anyone else. And he could absorb contact. And he'd make the shot anyway.

HokieJoe

Jordan's best highlight reel plays were never dunks, anyway.

He could release the ball five different ways once he got up in the air, and he was in the air longer than anyone else. And he could absorb contact. And he'd make the shot anyway.

Unless Laimbeer and Mahorn were knocking him around. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom