• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Huawei ban, put in place 5 years ago, is still bullshit

Mistake

Some of you are wildly paranoid and sinophobic. What it boils down to is America will do whatever it takes to try and stay on top and this Huawei ban is just another example. If you support America's by any means necessary stance then cool but don't hide behind "The PRC are going to steal my shaved butthole pics!"
I have met many wonderful chinese people, but fuck their government and their laws. I only support the ideals the US was founded upon, and buying cheap chinese crap is going to go directly against that. Money talks and china knows it

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
This thread is treading dangerously close to politics. Support whatever you want but the US isn't any better than China. Weapons of mass destruction and Iraq ring a bell? That's just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't know about China's cars but their phones are not "cheap Chinese crap" they're just as good as anything else on the market.

Last edited:

gatti-man

It’s hilarious to think the us gov is going to provide the people proof of how they know China is spying so they can change it and improve it.

You never ever out sources. Common sense and you aren’t owed an explanation. Also the ban has zero to do with Huwei making good products that’s laughable. Our economy is wide open, far more open than Chinas by comparison.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Nope.

It's all copycat stuff anyway.
Most of the time you're a pretty reasonable poster but this is patently false. Every single Chinese foldable runs circles around Samsung's. Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi and Huawei phones all take better photos than Samsung, Apple and Googles phones. Huawei was the first phone to introduce night mode, Huawei beat Apple to the punch with satellite communication and their phones can communicate two ways including calls and pictures and many other innovations which I won't rattle off. Hate them all you want but they're phones have surpassed American and Korean OEM's.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

If you flood our markets with cheap slave labor manufactured goods how do you think the average western manufacturing job is gonna react? Why do you think folks try to "make a career" off flipping burgers instead of getting a better paid job in manufacturing?
I think the topics are slightly different.

Cheap chinese goods flooding any market and taking market share away from local manufacturers is a problem in every country. But many other countries, especially rich developed countries like the US have managed to deal with this problem in a way that does not harm the local workforce.

The US government is within its rights to ban imports from a country if they think the quality is bad or if they are spying or if they employ slave labour. But the Huawei ban seems to be about none of those things, it is more about gaining economic supremacy over a country halfway around the world.

Also the reason menial job workers in the US cannot earn a livable wage is the terrible labour laws, rampant exploitative capitalism, and uncontrolled corporate lobbying; not chinese imports. You normally see these problems in a poorer country like mine, but you would expect a rich country like the US to do better in this regard.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

China's new super cheap EV's are now the current battelground. They're a massive threat to European and American car manufacturers.

I'm in Dubai right now and you see them everywhere. From the outside they look just as well built as much more expensive domestic cars.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
lso the ban has zero to do with Huwei making good products that’s laughable. Our economy is wide open, far more open than Chinas by comparison.
In 2018 Huawei's AT&T deal collapsed because of "security concerns" then in 2019 the ban. In the 2nd quarter of 2020 Huawei overtook Samsung as the #1 phone seller worldwide shortly thereafter the ban took it's toll and sales plummeted. Sure it has nothing to do with stiffling competition and protecting Apple and Samsung.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Most of the shit China pumps out is based on tech stolen from the US and Europe. The CCP are parasites, basically the real version of the Borg.
I'd seven her nine....if yah know what I mean!

wFhOVRp.jpeg

though if I had a huawei phone when I did the google search for that photo I bet my "social credit" score would have taken a hit and I'd be visited in the night a few times for "re-education".

winjer

Gold Member
China's new super cheap EV's are now the current battelground. They're a massive threat to European and American car manufacturers.

I'm in Dubai right now and you see them everywhere. From the outside they look just as well built as much more expensive domestic cars.

Exactly. And what China is doing right now is essentially "dumping".
They are subsidizing EVs very strongly, as to push their way into the markets in the rest of the world and bankrupt other munfacturers.

Some people will applaud this, because they get a cheaper car, for now.
But they forget this means fewer jobs in their own countries. And when China sees that they have no competition, they will rise prices.

Fabieter

Exactly. And what China is doing right now is essentially "dumping".
They are subsidizing EVs very strongly, as to push their way into the markets in the rest of the world and bankrupt other munfacturers.

Some people will applaud this, because they get a cheaper car, for now.
But they forget this means fewer jobs in their own countries. And when China sees that they have no competition, they will rise prices.

The inflation reduction act is basically doing similar things to asian and European economy since they only get money if stuff is actually produced in the states. Alot of companies are investing in the us just because of this. Its literally stealing European jobs.

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
It's not their NOBUS backdoor inside dem phones :D. It's the busy bee's ;P.

They can't do shit with them, it's too late. They are already, but will become, a fucking technofuckingempire. There are so many ppl with wildly different set of morales/attitude to work. China gonna eat everyone and spray some shit in the air, so everyone would have their eyes... everyone will be Chinese :D :D :D.

That's why I'm learning Chinese right now, and already booked an eyelid surgery. :messenger_loudly_crying:

winjer

Gold Member
The inflation reduction act is basically doing similar things to asian and European economy since they only get money if stuff is actually produced in the states. Alot of companies are investing in the us just because of this. Its literally stealing European jobs.

That is correct. And the strange part is that the EU is doing nothing in regards to these measures from either China or the USA.
So no wonder economic groth in the EU is stagnant.

nush

I'd seven her nine....if yah know what I mean!

wFhOVRp.jpeg

though if I had a huawei phone when I did the google search for that photo I bet my "social credit" score would have taken a hit and I'd be visited in the night a few times for "re-education".

That woman's been photoshopped to within an inch of her life.

Blade2.0

There's nothing wrong with wanting fair wages for so-called 'menial' jobs. Flipping burgers is hard work and 20-25 $/hr barely lets you pay rent for a decent place in the US's expensive cities. I'm not sure how you're connecting this with the Huawei ban.
Conservatives can't stop themselves from pissing on people below them. Even when it isn't asked for.

Top Bottom