• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3:30am fucking rooster wakes me up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Wtf is wrong with this animal, it keeps screaming like its sunrise, and it's all dark! Fuck him!

Aiii

So not worth it
The neighbour at my parents house held a frog pond in his backyard.

If you believe a Rooster is bad, try dozens of fucking frogs croaking all night.

1cmanny1

I have had this problem. Assuming they crow only when the sun comes up is BS. They crow all the bloody time. Hens also crow all the bloody times.

Protip, don't get poultry if you can't house them FAR FAR away from your house.

It happened to my Dad when he was in high school during his final exam weeks.

He went next door and grabbed the rooster, which was a prize winning rooster apparently, and chopped its head off with an axe.

The neighbours have never forgiven him.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I swear the rooster crowing at sunrise thing has to be a myth. When I visit my dad, I'm never allowed to sleep past 4. There's always relentless crowing until 6 at the earliest.

Arjen

When i lived at home our neighbour had a rooster to. One of the other neigbours complained about it to him. He said to her he would fix it. Showed up on her doorstep the next day. Head of the rooster in one hand, body in the other. I fixed your problem

Ostinatto

tumblr_lzlv3tmTaJ1qjasm1o1_400.jpg

edit: beaten :(

Facism

when i was younger and visiting family in Cyprus, my nan's rooster was like this. Got us all up well early. We all hated it.

One day the rooster was silent. My nan had got tired of said rooster being a cunt so went out and broke it's neck.

It was delicious when she cooked it up for lunch.

Music to my ears! I handled pet/farm Chicken and Rooster for 16 years. They would be born and mostly swept away within a year with a stupid fever that decimated a large portion of the population, so my colony never exceeded 20 :( So we started eating them at the first of sickness.(Glad we were not the ones who started the Bird flu.) Now I live in NYC my family still mostly wake up at 4:00 am-ish because of years of habit. Can we trade places OP?

CTLance

I pity those that cannot drown out these sounds. In fact, I love them and prefer them to the usual city noise.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Our rooster is still pretty young, less than a full year old, so he only started crowing a couple months ago. He's a couple hundred feet from the house, but with the windows open we can hear him crowing. I haven't noticed him crowing before there's at least SOME light in the sky.

Plus I get up at 5AM or earlier to exercise anyway, so it hasn't bothered me yet. And he keeps the hens happy so we get lots of eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom