• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 days after Charlottesville, Trump retweets image of train running over CNN reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanC

I love the "oh it was inadvertent" crap. Please, he's not following that guy so he actively saw that image through a trending search or just bookmarks people he likes (because he can't actually follow them) and retweeted it. It's not a friend with a bad joke in your feed you accidentally "liked" or something.

HotHamBoy

What is his deal with CNN? They constantly entertain his defense force.

You'd think he'd go after MSNBC since they actually stay on-point.

At any rate, he def retweeted a person being hit by a vehicle after a person was killed by a vehicle at a white nationalist rally he refused to condemn by name.

That definitely happened.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
John Berman on CNN is a good guy, but he just said that maybe Trump didn't know what he tweeted. I'm sorry, but a 70 year old man that is President knows what he's doing. Stop treating him like a child.

So he is either the most incompetent president in US history or the biggest ever cunt.

He is probably both.

Oersted

george-bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

I don't. But jesus fuck what a downgrade.

Hazmat

I don't think he's smart or aware enough to have made the connection to what happened in Charlottesville. He saw a long, hard, powerful, throbbing Trump train destroying the weak little CNN and it lit up the pleasure center of his little primate brain and he retweeted.

Z_Y

Doing the same shit and jumping on bandwagons of idiocy like Trump supporters isn't helping anyone.

That's not an image of someone being run over. It's an image of someone trying to stop a train. Hench the tracks piling up by their feet and the outstretched hands.

I thought you were being sarcastic. Guess not.

Are you really arguing that picture is not someone getting hit by a train but instead trying to stop the train with their body?

Swass

The next president is going to have it so easy.. they can literally do nothing their entire term and they will be praised for being better than this asshole.

The fact that it got deleted makes me think the tide is turning. He doesn't usually delete things right. Feeling the heat.

The fact it got deleted means that probably there's one poor soul which only job is to check Trump tweets, in case he does something so fucking stupid, that needs to be deleted.

The next president is going to have it so easy.. they can literally do nothing their entire term and they will be praised for being better than this asshole.

that is even if we have elections without interference from Russia or elsewhere since this administration is doing nothing to prevent that from happening again

kmfdmpig

Yup. It's certainly an easy act to follow. Just appearing presidential, not being evil, and not creating diplomatic crises regularly, even without any major accomplishments, would be a massive improvement.

EGM1966

He's both tone deaf and doesn't give a shit about Charlottesville - that's old news as far as he's concerned. I expect he'd be hard pressed to name the victim if asked.

Don't buy it was a mistake either: he tweeted it because he's tone deaf and it was only deleted because the response was immediate and too relevant even for Trump to ignore.

and this is how we'll end up getting Pence 2020

even though he's no better than Trump, just more composed.

I thought you were being sarcastic. Guess not.

Are you really arguing that picture is not someone getting hit by a train but instead trying to stop the train with their body?

That picture is clearly someone trying to stop a train and not being strong enough.

Yes, they are getting hit by it in the process, but let's not be dense.

It's pretty fucking obvious what the idea behind the image is. Someone trying to stop a train (and yes, eventually being run over because they can't), not a train randomly running someone over. It's literally tobey trying to stop the train in Spider-man 2.

The implication is that CNN can't stop the momentum of the trump train.

Which CNN doesn't really need to. Guy is derailing himself on a daily basis.

That picture is clearly someone trying to stop a train and not being strong enough.

Yes, they are getting hit by it in the process, but let's not be dense.

It's pretty fucking obvious what the idea behind the image is. Someone trying to stop a train (and yes, eventually being run over because they can't), not a train randomly running someone over. It's literally tobey trying to stop the train in Spider-man 2.

The implication is that CNN can't stop the momentum of the trump train.

Which CNN doesn't really need to. Guy is derailing himself on a daily basis.

I agree and wish people would stop trying to paint Trump as celebrating someone getting run over with a train. Say he is dumb, sure. But anything more and it makes us all look foolish.

Plus, I'm not sure how everyone is getting that the train will eventually run over the CNN guy? The only reason I can see why we're supposed to think that is because Trump tweeted it, so of course that's what he must've meant. But just seeing the picture, it looks like CNN is in the process of stopping the train. Like the first half of the train sequence of Spider-Man 2 or the Incredibles. The hero actually does manage to slow the train and save the day. If anything, just by looking at the pic in this thread I would assume that CNN is being the hero who puts everything into stopping a marauding, runaway train.

DHREF-DXcAAQsCp.jpg:large

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ing-over-cnn-reporter/?utm_term=.7f7deb2a6497

This feels especially important in light of what happened this weekend. Aside from being awful as usually, this is incredibly tone deaf.

How does the president think it's appropriate to put this kind of rhetoric out there at all, let alone three days after Nazis marched on a city in his name and killed a woman?

Trump doesn't care. He didn't really mean anything he said about the KKK or Neo Nazi's yesterday.

If he's willing to put up a picture of someone getting run over as a joke, 3 days after that woman was run over by a Neo-Nazi and caused an nationwide-outcry, then he just doesn't give a fuck about anyone or anything but his own ego.

He is truly unfit for humanity. He needs to go.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Doing the same shit and jumping on bandwagons of idiocy like Trump supporters isn't helping anyone.

That's not an image of someone being run over. It's an image of someone trying to stop a train. Hench the tracks piling up by their feet and the outstretched hands.

Lol, this is an absurd distinction to make. What the hell happens to people that stand in front of moving trains?

"That's not an image of someone about to be shot in the head! It's an image of someone headbutting a gun!"

This isn't a picture of a man being run over by a train. It's a picture of a man heroicly stopping a runaway train a la Spider-Man 2 and the Incredibles. Obviously Trump didn't realize that, compounding his own stupidity. But let's not all go crazy and look as unhinged as Trump supporters.

You've already done the bolded. Pray tell, what happens in this cartoon image to CNN? What happens when "Fake news" fails to stop the Trump train? Does "Fake news" politely move out of the way?

Lol, this is an absurd distinction to make. What the hell happens to people that stand in front of moving trains?

This isn't a picture of a man being run over by a train. It's a picture of a man heroicly stopping a runaway train a la Spider-Man 2 and the Incredibles. Obviously Trump didn't realize that, compounding his own stupidity. But let's not all go crazy and look as unhinged as Trump supporters.

Edit:
You've already done the bolded. Pray tell, what happens in this cartoon image to CNN? What happens when "Fake news" fails to stop the Trump train? Does "Fake news" politely move out of the way?

What? I'm saying Trump is dumb and the cartoon doesn't accurately portray what he meant to say. I think this is a measured response, comparatively. I'd like to hear your reasoning for why it is a crazy POV and makes me look unhinged in any way, as opposed to other interpretations.

And like I said, the way this picture is drawn seems to be like a hero stopping a train. Watch Spider-Man 2. What happens is that he does NOT fail to stop it. I'm sure the intent of the drawing is the opposite, but that's just poor art.

dan2026

All the states give out a certain amount of points if won.

So say Hillary won a state by many million more votes than Trump, it doesn't really matter, because winning the state by 1 or 100 million still gives out the same exact points.

Trump just won more states and therefore got more points.

But overall Hillary got more votes, she just lost pivotal states.

This is a profoundly stupid system.
It basically makes the individuals vote meaningless.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Edit:

What? I'm saying Trump is dumb and the cartoon doesn't accurately portray what he meant to say. I think this is a measured response, comparatively. I'd like to hear your reasoning for why it is a crazy POV and makes me look unhinged in any way, as opposed to other interpretations.

And like I said, the way this picture is drawn seems to be like a hero stopping a train. Watch Spider-Man 2. What happens is that he does NOT fail to stop it. I'm sure the intent of the drawing is the opposite, but that's just poor art.

So, your interpretation of the cartoon is that CNN is heroically stopping the train. I don't know how you've arrived at that conclusion. Do you know who the original tweeter is?

Regardless, that doesn't matter. Does Trump think his train is running over "Fake news" in this picture? I don't see how anyone could assume differently and I don't see why in the world the nuance of the drawing matters when anyone with eyes and sentience knows Trump's intent.

This feels like a weird thing to argue. So weird, that I'm convinced I must have missed something...

if i remember correctly it used to make perfect sense.

we werent connected, not NEARLY as much as we are now. if you were a politician decades ago, you could probably win the popular vote by only visiting major cities in the US.

with the electoral college, you had to win the vote of people all over the country.

dan2026

if i remember correctly it used to make perfect sense.

we werent connected, not NEARLY as much as we are now. if you were a politician decades ago, you could probably win the popular vote by only visiting major cities in the US.

with the electoral college, you had to win the vote of people all over the country.

Well however it used to work, it clearly doesn't work now.
Hell its been proven to be dangerously broken.

So, your interpretation of the cartoon is that CNN is heroically stopping the train. I don't know how you've arrived at that conclusion. Do you know who the original tweeter is?

Regardless, that doesn't matter. Does Trump think his train is running over "Fake news" in this picture? I don't see how anyone could assume differently and I don't see why in the world the nuance of the drawing matters when anyone with eyes and sentience knows Trump's intent.

This feels like a weird thing to argue. So weird, that I'm convinced I must have missed something...

I'm saying that the comic really doesn't put across the point he was probably trying to make. He is a stupid man. I mean really, he should've found or commissioned a piece of art that worked better, but this is no 4D chess.

All I'm arguing for is for people not to jump all over Trump and accuse him of wanting journalists to be run over by trains in real life. It makes us look hysterical. There are PLENTY of real things we can protest against and get angry about.

Kyzer

Banned
Yeah but thanks to this stupid system we got Abraham Lincoln despite not a single southern state supporting him, its part of what led to the civil war. They should alter the system to give out EC points based on proportion of votes won in that state, and fix gerrymandering

Reeks

62 million people still voted for him.
It's true. But many people thought he'd run the country like a shrewd business man, not a caricature of a psycho man baby. While I was shocked he was elected, even I didn't see this fucking shit show coming, not like this.

Of course those people who voted for him knew he was a pig (racist, sexist, lgbtqa-a-phobe) - I'm not defending them.

John Berman on CNN is a good guy, but he just said that maybe Trump didn't know what he tweeted. I'm sorry, but a 70 year old man that is President knows what he's doing. Stop treating him like a child.
Trump tweeting out RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM moments after a terrorist attack like Florida nightclub, but takes great pains in spelling out white supremacist terrorism tells you that he's sentient enough to understand what he's doing.

bionic77

It's true. But many people thought he'd run the country like a shrewd business man, not a caricature of a psycho man baby. While I was shocked he was elected, even I didn't see this fucking shit show coming, not like this.

Of course those people who voted for him knew he was a pig (racist, sexist, lgbtqa-a-phobe) - I'm not defending them.
Fuck that.

Don't make excuses for those assholes who voted for him.

He campaigned for over a year and could not go a whole fucking week without being an embarrassment. He started his campaign with a racist promise to keep out Mexicans. Then he upped the racism when he said he would ban all muslims. And this campaign ended with a recording of him admitting to sexually assaulting married women.

All of those fucks knew that and still voted for him.

As shitty as Trump is I am more worried about those 60+ million Americans. He is going to be out of the WH or dead in a few years. The stupid fucks who helped voted him in are going to break a problem for the next few decades.

LakeEarth

Trump tweeting out RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM moments after a terrorist attack like Florida nightclub, but takes great pains in spelling out white supremacist terrorism tells you that he's sentient enough to understand what he's doing.

Or in some cases, tweets about it until it's revealed that the perpetrator is a white guy, and then go radio silent.

Reeks

Fuck that.

Don't make excuses for those assholes who voted for him.

He campaigned for over a year and could not go a whole fucking week without being an embarrassment. He started his campaign with a racist promise to keep out Mexicans. Then he upped the racism when he said he would ban all muslims. And this campaign ended with a recording of him admitting to sexually assaulting married women.

All of those fucks knew that and still voted for him.

As shitty as Trump is I am more worried about those 60+ million Americans. He is going to be out of the WH or dead in a few years. The stupid fucks who helped voted him in are going to break a problem for the next few decades.

Not making excuses. We all know that shit. I'm speaking to the fact that he is not just evil, but he's a fucking idiot. The people who voted for him knew he was evil, but not that he's a blithering emotional idiot incapable of any complex thought. I didn't realize just how incompetent he is. That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom